Aggravation phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Wonder why the families are still in Court and why the Jury is still in the jury room.

Some of my thoughts:

The other site was spewing out a lot of threats aimed at the Alexander Family and the Jurors. Maybe they are discussing possible sequestration for safety reasons?

This is a given: Jodi has decompensated to the point of requiring a thorough inpatient psychiatric evaluation.

Jodi's lawyers want out...NOW!!

Judge is trying to work out future scheduling conflicts with the jury members /

or all of the above?

Who knows.

When I saw the video of grandmother walking yesterday her posture made it appear to me as if she had back trouble - she was leaning forward.

I agree....c'mon people...there are better places to channel your anger than at an old lady in a wheelchair.

Maybe Jodi does not want to continue. She said she preferred the death penalty to life. Would the judge grant her that, after a psych evaluation?
Nope. She does not get to chose. She has to live with whatever the sentence is.

Maybe this delay has something to do with that wacko on Twitter, "@grimskeletion". There is a link to his Twitter page several posts up stream and it is filled with scary stuff. I believe several WS'ers reported it to the authorities.

Hmm...that got me thinking, do you think this is Jodi and her defense asking JSS not to allow cameras in court for the next phases? Seems like something Jodi would ask for at this point, so that it's HER family history/etc that is going to be shown. Sounds just like her. My opinion only.

As much as Jodi enjoys the TV cameras I kinda doubt she wants the cameras off. JMO and all that. I mean, look at the Interview she wasted no time doing yesterday. :moo:

Well...it looks like JA has found a way to extend her life one more week...what a manipulator!!!

I had to laugh when Jodi said that whole hypocritical thing.
Do you know how many young mormon men I know that are hypocritical?
Travis was not a rarity in that respsect... his family didn't care about that...
They cared about his MURDER being prosecuted Jodi. The rest was not their concern.
Priorities. Some people have them.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 1m
#jodiarias Court official just came out and simply said "Wait & See" as they left down the 5th floor elevator

If they had Jodi in a cell on psych ward, stripped down, etc. as we often hear described....then she got a taste last night of what her 23 or 24 hour a day lock down on death row would be like, and so she got into trial today and feigned fainting or something very dramatic as to stall. A psych evaluation seems a given and of course any lawyer in their right mind would ask for one, having seen her interview.

I just saw a new clip of that interview where she is AGAIN taking digs at Travis and all that got revealed about him, the double life, the lies, the pedophilia, OH MY GOD, the anger and contempt she is showing, is palatable. This is the nail in her coffin. Juan Martinez is going to be allowed to show this. I am glad of it. It will help ANY juror understand there is nothing remotely remorseful about her, she basically says Travis had it coming.

It was such a self destructive interview and soooo ill advised, of course they asked for a psych evaluation, in my opinion. Her attorneys, like us, may not have seen all of the parts, just one or two last night, and then as they trickled out this am became aware of the depth and breadth of the interview and how truly unrepentant she comes across. It was a forty five minute interview, that SHE solicited, planned and thought out every word she would say. It was her verbal manifesto.

This too, will backfire to biblical proportions.

Cue up You Dropped A Bomb On Me by the Gap Band. She just never learns. :floorlaugh:

I thought there was a 2 year statute, we had to file within 2 years against my Aunt for my grandmother But I thought it might have changed. :twocents:
From the Legal thread by AZlawyer: "For anyone who saw my earlier post re: thinking the statute of limitations would have expired for a wrongful death suit, I'm happy to report I was wrong. :loser: Just looked it up:

12-511. Civil action arising from criminal conduct; definitions

A. Notwithstanding sections 12-505 and 12-542, if a defendant is charged by a criminal complaint or indictment the statute of limitations for any civil cause of action that is brought by a victim against the defendant for criminal conduct against the victim is extended for one year from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings, regardless of whether the defendant is convicted of criminal conduct against the victim."

Link:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197372&page=35

Lawyers are in chambers with Judge. Family is in court. Jury is in the room.

I don't think psych evaluation would cause this sudden and long break.

Maybe she was misbehaving in the holding cell and they had to zap her:floorlaugh:

Clearly Jodi does NOT want to live out her days on death row. She'll get a death sentence, can you imagine if ANY of the jurors had any doubt left before this .. that's all gone. All her games backfire on HER. I look forward to her reaction.

I hope it isn't due to death and bomb threats that someone posted on Twitter earlier today. It was talked about on the last thread.

As much as Jodi enjoys the TV cameras I kinda doubt she wants the cameras off. JMO and all that. I mean, look at the Interview she wasted no time doing yesterday. :moo:
Unless it's because she'll have jail clothes and no makeup...

1 arrested after Tweet of courthouse bomb threat

Updated: May 09, 2013 1:45 PM PDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Maricopa County sheriff's deputies arrested one person and had another in custody after a sweep at a Phoenix hotel Thursday morning in connection with a courthouse bomb threat tweeted after the Jodi Arias verdict was announced.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies detained a man and woman in their 20s about 10:30 a.m. at the Value Place Motel, 1360 N. 43rd Ave., just north of Interstate 10.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...custody-after-tweet-of-courthouse-bomb-threat

HLN is really going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for material come next Mon/Tues.

I wonder if Jodi's mom flipped out on the Alexander family ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member