Aggravation phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is that she really is waiving the rest of the proceedings and asking for the DP. Here is the way I got to my conclusion:
First, she gives her attorneys notice of her intent to waive, and that explains the "heated discussion" widely reported last night.
Then she gives the infamous FoxTV interview where she reasserts her claim of desire to have the DP over life in prison.
Next, she is given special visitation with her extended family at the prison - I read here that it was the first time she has spoken to her Mother since the start of trial. She probably informed her family of her choice at that time. Jean Cesares reported that her Mom, when leaving the jail, told her that she didn't know if she would testify or not at the mitigation because she didn't really know what was happening - but JC said it seemed like she really wanted to testify.
She was transferred to a psych ward after the family visit.
And then we have the unexpected delay until Wed. We know she would be subjected to a mandatory psych eval if she was going to waive.
Last, but not least, we heard that Martinez and TA's family were seen smiling later today after being together in a room where it sounded like they were "watching news" - so they were listening to the interview tapes from the Fox piece.

I am not sure, but all this adds up to a very believable scenario for me that she really is trying to waive the rest of the hearings and go directly to the DP. That would be great for me, since I really am against the DP, but I have no issues if someone is really asking for it!

You may be correct - however, would Arias make it this easy? Look at the trial - we are approaching five years since she slaughtered Travis Alexander. Five years is a long time - if Arias wanted to make it easy, why not plead guilty to First Degree Murder, waive her right to a jury, ect.

Stating that she would plead guilty to second degree murder after she slaughtered Travis Alexander was cruel - The letter that Arias wrote to the State regarding pleading guilty to second degree murder was equally cruel.

I cannot imagine that Arias - a person that has made "everything" so cruel for almost five years - making it easy.

I hope I am wrong - I hope that you are correct - I hope that Arias is asking for the Death Penalty - and that Travis Alexander's family and loved ones were smiling / happy today.

Maybe Jodi wants to skip all the next phases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is what she wants, it surely would save the state of Arizona millions of dollars.

Jodi was moved from the Estrella Jail to the Lower Buckeye jail last night after her family left, because that jail has a psych ward.

The Jails are fairly close to each other though...

Got it. Thank you! :seeya:

So she was not only on suicide watch; she was taken to a psych WARD. wow.

It's easy to get off a jury, just raise your hand and say you believe only Ragnar, god of war can judge and punish. You'll be out before lunch.

While I don't think people should try and get out of jury duty, in this case it might be worth a try. I used to work for government attorneys and they can be quite boring.

ETA: I should have said their cases are boring. The attorneys aren't boring. Necessarily.

I have a question. If JA was really suicidal before the trial, if she really wanted to die.

Why did she cry when the jury found her guilty? Wouldn't she be happy and smiling?

She doesn't want to die. She wants life in prison. Because she wants time to pass. Because she probably has in her mind that she can "do good" in prison and maybe win some brownie points with God before she dies. And most of all she doesn't want to face Travis for a long time.

I've been trying to imagine what the jury thought today. They just went thru the guilt or innocence phase, a very hard time for them. They had to steel themselves to come in today and face making a life or death decision. Then they come to court and sit a while, then are told to go home. Do this again next Wednesday. I can't imagine what they are thinking. Possibly when they get home they will hear something. Maybe about her being in psch ward, maybe about her being suicidal. But they have watched her in court everyday. They have seen her smile. They have seen her drawing and busy. They have seen her angry appearance at some of the witnesses. But they haven't seen her look depressed.

That couple on JVM. Oh, my gosh! Did anybody get their names? I want to add them to my prayer list.

I am now in search of another box of Kleenex. God Bless Juan Martinez!

Seriously if they appease the convicted murderer I will be pissed... Video taping removes some of the humanity, detaches things a bit and that's not fair because this family's suffering is real, it's honest and it isn't pandering it's the true impact of the convicted murderers evilness. Oi oi oi. To try and lessen their impact statements is beyond unreasonably cruel to them... Moo..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Surely, at some point, this Judge will be able to utter the word 'NO'.....

@troyhaydenfox10 answers the question about how he got the #jodiarias interview tonight at 5p. #fox10

Anyone in Ariz who may see this, please let us know

Jodi cant stand the rest of the trial will be about how great Travis was and how much he suffered. She wants it to be about her and her suffering. She is trying to take away the family's chance to redeem his reputation. She wants her version of him to be the last version the world hears. Still trying to control everything. Borderline people love drama, power struggles and being in control. When they feel helpless, the regain composure by using drama, manipulation and control. I am sure she felt pretty helpless after yesterday's verdict.

13-4021. Competency to be executed; definition
A. A person who is sentenced to death shall not be executed as long as he is mentally incompetent to be executed.
B. As used in this article, "mentally incompetent to be executed" means that due to a mental disease or defect a person who is sentenced to death is presently unaware that he is to be punished for the crime of murder or that he is unaware that the impending punishment for that crime is death.

Well she definitely doesn't know she is going to be executed .. she thinks she's being granted the ultimate FREEDOM!!!

She's so competent. Good.

That's the same statute worded differently. It looks like she's going for a hail Mary. If she wanted to be free she should have never killed Travis.

ObserverInAZ, can your doggie in your profile picture give FJA that cone of shame to go with her fancy yoga mat suit??

JVM you are scaring Beth K...

LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JVM, knock off the coffee, take a Xanax, breathe.....and slow the heck down!

The advice to quit yelling is a given!

(I don't know how Beth keeps from bursting out in laughter at JVM's histrionics.)

Wow, gitana1, you nailed it!

"She needs to have to face the people she destroyed. She is wriggling hard to get out of having to hear their victim impact statements and to be pronounced an evil person by the court. I think she would rather die than allow that to happen. So I am grateful that the jail is preventing her escape in this manner." Gitana1

http:///2009/01/14/the-narcissistic-sociopath-a-type/

Going even further, we get into malignant narcissism. This is getting worse and worse. We may be looking at the narcissist-sociopath. Ted Bundy was one, so was Jeffrey MacDonald, and so, in my opinion, is OJ Simpson. They differ from pure sociopaths in that they need and crave attention and go nuts when you criticize them. Bet he could add Jodi Arias to his list.

Lol, JVM's head exploding, Vinnie peeing his pants, steam shooting out of Nancy's ears, eyes, and mouth, Joey Jackson doing cartwheels, it would be a madhouse!

All of that behavior wouldn't actually be that different from the high jinks they get up to when court is out of session. Let's see, six days til court. We are in for some hysteria to be sure.

Here's a puzzle for the armchair psych thread. If HLN were a personality disorder, which one would it be.

Again, I ask, if the felon wants the death penalty, why does it matter what or how the Alexanders give their statement ?

It matter in that they would prefer to look directly at her and give her the same evil eye look she's given them for the past 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks