aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think happened in court yesterday?

a. Jodi got crap for the post conviction interview?
b. DT and her got into a huge fight and decided to put Jodi away for awhile until next week, so she can't talk?
c. Jodi begging for the DP, wanting to skip the next phases and JSS says "No way Jose". So she can avoid the VIS.

Any others?

I think the DT had no clue about the interview and were really, really ticked off. I believe they have asked to withdraw from the case. JA threw a huge hissy fit. There was a rumored loud argument the day of the verdict, it makes sense.

Furthermore, I believe she is really ticked that Sheriff Joe threw her in the crazy bin because of the words in the interview. The convicted killer did not expect that..remember, she chose her suicide words very carefully on prior occasions to avoid being on suicide watch.

Also, I believe she absolutely does not want to hear from the family, she wants the last word, trashing Travis. But, it's not going to happen. JSS is going to make her sit there and hear from the true victims, the family of Travis Alexander.

Both ALV & Dr. Samuels could have refused to testify for this murderer.

I'm never gonna get any of that either. That is just not going to make sense to me in this lifetime. I shall accept it as one of those imponderable mysteries.

Did Gus get JA started in PPL?

I think it was Travis. She picked up that brochure about PPL from the manager at the restaurant where she worked in Palm Desert (so she says) and went the the Vegas convention where she met Travis. She probably attached herself to Gus also, since he was supposedly a big muckety-muck in PPL. And he was single. I sorta remember Gus said he tried to help her with her marketing skills.

Could they have been called in one at a time to ask them if they had watched Fox News the night before?

They have been admonished every day since the trial started not to watch any news about this case. I cannot imagine that any juror watched her interview. IMO

People in some occupations like journalism or Defense Attorneys have that ability to sell their sole and their grandmother if need be to get that scoop or defend that defendant. Others in those occupations wouldn't cross those boundaries. I couldn't a job like that. Na ah.

I don't blame him for doing the interview. He just let her talk herself into the death penalty. This will be allowed to be shown to the jury. It's just what he does. Sometimes reporters are helpful and sometimes they are hurtful. HLN made a few waves in the JA trial.

I don't think she was free to arrange it. Sheriff Joe had to sign off on it.
Do you know that for a fact? As the interview was done in the holding cell, in some ways she's neither in the Court's hands or the jail so I could see why that would be a good place for her to be interviewed. I can't imagine she would have got away with a 48 hours style interview back in jail once she'd been convicted.

Now that we know that Jodi is not in the psych ward by choice but was committed by those who believe that she might be suicidal, I'm sure that Jodi is fit to be tied. The last thing that Jodi would have wanted is to be labeled with mental health issues. She was adamant about this during the trial both in her snarky answer to a juror's questions about whether or not she had ever sought help for her mental problems and later when Dr. DeMarte dared to say that Jodi has Borderline Personality Disorder. I doubt that Jodi is a happy camper with jail personnel and psych staff monitoring her constantly. She's probably not the queen bee in her new digs, either, and that in itself will make Jodi's blood boil.

Things have not gone as Jodi anticipated, and she will have extreme difficulty accepting the reality that she was convicted of 1st Degree Murder and will likely spend the rest of her life in prison. It must have been like he!! on earth to deal with Jodi on a daily basis, and I feel sympathy for her DT who made every effort to placate their uncontrollable client. And, as much as I disliked both of them, I actually feel a bit sorry for Dr. Samuels and ALV because they, too, tried to help Jodi and are victims of her lies and manipulation. :moo:

This is even harder because for 5 yrs she has had everyone catering to her since she was charged with Murder seeking the death penalty. In court it's all about "death is different" cater to the defendant. Now she is a convicted M1 prison resident. Times are tough compared to what she is used.
I say "Too bad Jodi now you have to pay for Your arrogant cockiness and crime of murder" She can rip anyone and everyone but She is the one in prison with no strings to pull now. She needs to deal with it. That's what she gets for ending on her big mouth High Note Interview. It backfired big time. Love it !!!!
The way she ridicules Travis and was under the impression he was unkind and showed his distaste for her That he deserves to be murdered 3 times over in cold blood was a big misconception on her part.
She no longer is being able to play the system like the defense through the trial allowed her to get away with. Lucky for them, when the Defense is done they get some counseling maybe and wipe her out of their mind.

Hi Elmomom,

I agree with what you are saying.."Let her hang herself."..What I don't agree with is that this convicted monster, has the freedom to just set up a nationally broad-casted interview, as though she is some kind of movie star. I think these actions make a mockery of our correctional system and it seems now, that it is well deserved.

Well I think most convicts aren't delusional enough to want an interview just after being found guilty, and while a death sentence is pending... especially an interview like the one she gave. Just like getting up on the witness stand, this interview proves again that Jodi is her own worst enemy. I don't think we will ever know the story of what went on behind the scenes. For all we know, Arpaio may have known about it and asked Martinez if he wanted him to allow her to have an interview. I think, if I were prosecutor I would be very much in favor of letting her run her mouth some more.

Do you know that for a fact? As the interview was done in the holding cell, in some ways she's neither in the Court's hands or the jail so I could see why that would be a good place for her to be interviewed. I can't imagine she would have got away with a 48 hours style interview back in jail once she'd been convicted.

I cannot see how any protocol could allow for something like that to happen with a convicted murderer, whether awaiting transport or not. It's obviously a security problem of the first order to allow anyone into the area with the inmate to begin with, but how that could happen is just beyond me unless LE was actively involved in facilitating the event. :stormingmad:

Perfect! ITA :rocker:

I think the DT had no clue about the interview and were really, really ticked off. I believe they have asked to withdraw from the case. JA threw a huge hissy fit. There was a rumored loud argument the day of the verdict, it makes sense.

Furthermore, I believe she is really ticked that Sheriff Joe threw her in the crazy bin because of the words in the interview. The convicted killer did not expect that..remember, she chose her suicide words very carefully on prior occasions to avoid being on suicide watch.

Also, I believe she absolutely does not want to hear from the family, she wants the last word, trashing Travis. But, it's not going to happen. JSS is going to make her sit there and hear from the true victims, the family of Travis Alexander.

They might have finally used the shock belt yesterday and we all missed it.

I know some peeps are offended by him interviewing her, but, imo that's his job! That is every reporter's dream to get an interview like that. And the way Jodi sneakily set it up.

Seems to me people are far beyond offended. Calling for the utter ruin of any person who has defended Arias, or who is any way associated with her or her defense, is nothing less than hysteria. There has been a mob mentality gathering up ugly energy for months. Not even the murder one conviction has assuaged it. People here are making jokes about "the needle," about pain and suffering, and calling for water boarding torture, electric shocks and the guillotine. It's backward, frightening, uncivilized and shameful.

I do not either! What was he thinking? She needs locked into a cell, all by herself, and actually I would be fine with occasional bread and water, and nothing else.

They might have finally used the shock belt yesterday and we all missed it.

Don't tell me that. I've been waitin' to see that gal do the funky chicken for four months. I would mortgage my house for a front row seat.

Did anyone else catch what JA said in the interview. I 've only seen bits of pieces of it but at one point, I think it's when she's saying Juan lied, she says "I know what happened" really? is the fog lifting?

Yeah, that's akin to saying in the courtroom that she couldn't remember anything during her fog, but she could remember her emotions.

I do not get it! This woman apparently was perfectly free to arrange her own interview??!! I didn't realize, until I listened to this recording, that she...herself...Set this up! What a joke our correctional system is! Perhaps, someone in jail, pending a trial and still not found officially guilty/not guilty, should maybe have some rights, but that witch walked right out of the guilty verdict....A convicted murderess...and walked down the hallway, to give a prime-time, nationally broadcasted interview...Arranged by herself, for herself....I wonder if the bailiffs laid a red carpet down for her to walk on too. :stormingmad: Don't these monsters have any rules? The rest of us sure do!

this is what baffles me too. couldn't the judge order her NOT to talk to media until AFTER the trial is totally over?

I'm still not convinced that the sex recording wasn't phonied up by Searcy, given one of his previous business ventures is in voice recognition software. I'm not saying it happened, just that I'm curious IF it did, and IF it's even possible. I can imagine them taking an actual phone call from her call history records, then making a recording that matched the time allotted and conformed to her defense and other evidence. He would need voice samples of both of them, which are readily available, and proper time stamping. I'm not wedded to this idea, just would like to explore if it's possible. Do I need to wear a tin foil hat today? :blushing:

I keep thinking about the deleted photos and if she got them downloaded from the camera to another phone or device for her future satisfaction. I've convinced myself she never left Travis' house without copies of those deleted photos.

Seems to me people are far beyond offended. Calling for the utter ruin of any person who has defended Arias, or who is any way associated with her or her defense, is nothing less than hysteria. There has been a mob mentality gathering up ugly energy for months. Not even the murder one conviction has assuaged it. People here are making jokes about "the needle," about pain and suffering, and calling for water boarding torture, electric shocks and the guillotine. It's backward, frightening, uncivilized and shameful.

Medieval?

Did Gus get JA started in PPL?

No. She was still living with Darryl B when she got involved with PPL/Legal Shield through an acquaintance where she worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member