aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to tend to real life...If I can remember how to :) Have a wonderful afternoon and all and an early Happy Mother's Day to everyone )

Actually, IIRC I think the letter in which JA says that her lawyer called Ryan this was written BEFORE Wilmott was on the case. IMO JA was referring to her previous attorney who was also female.

Yes, I think you're correct. I believe that attorney's name was Victoria Washington.

People in some occupations like journalism or Defense Attorneys have that ability to sell their soul and their grandmother if need be to get that scoop or defend that defendant. Others in those occupations wouldn't cross those boundaries. I couldn't a job like that. Na ah.
I have to disagree. As a former journalist who covered a crime beat I would have jumped at the chance for the interview.Ovbiolsy people are interested becuase look how many people are commenting on it. You watched it. Reporters who present all sides of information are not selling their souls, they are doing thier job. ANd as difficult as this may be to understand, it's in the public's interest to do so.. You get to form your own opinion about what is reported. That reporter crossed no boundries what so ever.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completely agree. I am a journalism major and I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Troy Hayden did. He did what good journalists do: he got the scoop. He broke the story. He reported the news and crossed no boundaries. That's their job and it was an interesting bit of info. The only reason people are mad is because Jodi makes us so furious. People need to stop giving her so much power over their emotions. That's exactly what she wants: to get a reaction, to get a rise out of you, to stay on your mind when this is about the justice that was won for Travis.

This is Jodi. She will do these things until her last breath, up until they stick that needle in her arm. Let her do her interviews and throw her tantrums. It doesn't change the conviction, it won't dampen the spirits of the Alexanders, and it will NOT change the jury's mind. In fact, they will see it for what it is: more narcissism and manipulation.

Morning all! That's exactly what I'm picturing....but that would almost guarantee the worst possible ending for their client. The jury has already found her guilty of pre-meditation, so they have no affection for her. If the jurors see JW or KN objecting and cutting up while TA's family is given heartfelt, obviously heart broken statements...they will show her no mercy. I think that's why the DT wants the statements vetted beforehand...they know that they will make enemies of the entire world if they continue the antics that they have engaged in during the trial while the victims are speaking.

That's why I hope JSS denies the motion (there's no way she won't IMO)...the DT and JA will both be forced to sit there and take it.

Yes, it would be devastating if they objected during victim impact statements. And they know that...which is why they want the opportunity to object in advance, i.e., limit what is said without the jury seeing them limit what is said.

I hope the judge does not allow objections during these statements. I do believe the judge can see in advance what statements will be made--which I do not really have a problem with--but beyond that, the DT should be admonished in advance to zip it while the person is speaking in court. IMO.

When the clerk of the court gave the felony/premeditated rundown, Willmott gave a Puggle head tilt....like 'really????'.....

Yeah, I saw that, too. She has some weird mannerisms. But I do think that she was expecting something different. When the Clerk read the breakdown of how the vote went, she shut her eyes for a moment like she just couldn't believe it.

i shall never tired of watching this.

i never seen the JC part with the comments mentioned but my god i freaking despise her :facepalm:

I just watched the video of the family and friends' reaction to the verdict. I mean like about a dozen times. I wanted to see the reaction of each of his loved ones at the moment they heard the word "guilty". Such a gratifying moment in time.

They are such a good group of people, so respectful and they were really mindful of the courts instruction not to have any outbursts. The smile on Samantha's face! She is smiling so broadly and then at one point closes her eyes and you just know the relief is palpable.

Then I watched some of Juan's closing remarks, specifically about the CDs. That was aMAZING, really. I think those were lost in the sea of BS spewed by the defense team, and Juan really used the facts of those CDs to nail premeditation. Really brought the premeditation home for the jury.

She was planning to use those CDs as an excuse to 'drop by' unannounced to his home that day.

God I long for the day when the minutae of this trial fades away in my mind. It will fade away, right?

They should amend their statements to reflect the disgusting interview she did, still calling him an abuser, still lying about being "forced" to trial. It never ends.

It is just so crazy - JA is admitting the self-defense claim was bogus by never once in that interview claiming that she has been wrongly convicted and by insisting that she wished the state would have accepted her "blackmail" plea offer for 2nd degree. If a person had been convicted of 1st degree and truly had killed in self-defense, wouldn't they loudly proclaim the injustice and wrongness of the 1st degree conviction at the first opportunity rather than lamenting that her plea offer for 2nd degree was rejected and rather than claiming to want DP rather than life? If she believed in her self-defense claim, wouldn't she be focusing on how she will appeal to the end to get this (in her mind) incorrect verdict overturned?

It has all been a game to her. She knows she is guilty of 1st degree and wanted to see if she could work a scam to "win" by getting some sort of lesser conviction or an acquittal. But just 20 minutes after the verdict, she has forgotten that if she is going to stick with her latest story, she should be proclaiming her innocence and vowing to fight to the end to clear her name, not rolling over and stating she wants to die. Who wants to die if they are innocent? IMO the interview was a slip in her mask just like when she claimed from the stand that in her media interviews in 2008 when she said, "No jury will convict me...." she meant she was going to kill herself; if she killed in self-defense, why would she want to commit suicide in 2008? Wouldn't she want to prove her innocence?

Just more craziness. I guess we should all expect it by now.

The Alexander family was so dignified and respectful during the entire trial proceedings, I cannot imagine any inappropriate or uncontrolled outbursts during the sentencing hearings. Another ploy to delay the inevitable for JA. The only uncontrollable outbursts I can foresee is from JA herself. Her rage is going to explode.

It's totally their business, of course, but I would love to see the family members speak directly to, and only to, the jury, and never once look at, speak to, or in any way acknowledge the presence of the murderer. Don't give her the satisfaction of being acknowledged.

But I'm sure they have things they want to say to her...the thing is, she will never care. She'll just love it that they give her attention.

When the clerk of the court gave the felony/premeditated rundown, Willmott gave a Puggle head tilt....like 'really????'.....

I liked that.

"5 voted for premeditation. 0 voted for felony murder..."

Willmott: huh, that's only...

"7 voted for BOTH premeditated and felony murder..."

Willmott: oh...

Anyone surprised to learn that it was Willmott and not Nurmi who called Ryan Burns a 'wh@re for the State'? I automatically assumed it was KN until I saw JA say 'she' or 'her'.... WOW.

I think she may have been speaking of her original female attorney (not sure of her name) .

I completely agree. I am a journalism major and I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Troy Hayden did. He did what good journalists do: he got the scoop. He broke the story. He reported the news and crossed no boundaries. That's their job and it was an interesting bit of info. The only reason people are mad is because Jodi makes us so furious. People need to stop giving her so much power over their emotions. That's exactly what she wants: to get a reaction, to get a rise out of you, to stay on your mind when this is about the justice that was won for Travis.

This is Jodi. She will do these things until her last breath, up until they stick that needle in her arm. Let her do her interviews and throw her tantrums. It doesn't change the conviction, it won't dampen the spirits of the Alexanders, and it will NOT change the jury's mind. In fact, they will see it for what it is: more narcissism and manipulation.

I'm not giving CFJA any power. I am detached from her. I am not going to repeat my previous points but I simply don't agree with what Troy did.

Not sure how she could be stunned and incredulous at the verdict, unless she is blind, deaf and dumb. Everything was so obvious, nothing was circumstantial.

Well, that's a good question. If I had to speculate, I think she spent way too much time with people who supported her (Wilmott) and not enough time with people willing to tell her like it is. JMO

I actually hadn't considered that. I was focused so much on her disinterest and deadness of soul that I forgot about the sadistic side of her personality that really would take pleasure in being front and center to witness how much anguish she's caused these people. It would reinforce her godlike feelings.

Maybe that's why the DT wants it on videotape: they know she won't be able to hide her smirking and obvious pleasure if it's "live."

I think you may be right about that.

I'm of the mind that she wants to see what they're going to say before hand so she can create her most "de-edifying" *snort* statement to the court, throwing everyone under the bus, and lifting herself up to Christ like proportions. Because EVERYONE is wrong about her, dontcha see? She's the one being persecuted because no one wants to take responsibility for MAKING her do what she HAD to do! :moo:
:floorlaugh:

In this wonderful video, Steven has on our tie. He wore it on verdict day. That was a lovely thing for him to do. Just sayin...

Hey thanks for pointing that out. I did not know. I love Steven, he really tugged my heartstrings, the whole family did, but he seemed to trying so hard to be a rock for his siblings.

Yeah, I saw that, too. She has some weird mannerisms. But I do think that she was expecting something different. When the Clerk read the breakdown of how the vote went, she shut her eyes for a moment like she just couldn't believe it.

It appeared to me as though for a second or two, Willmott thought the verdict was not unanimous...5 voted for premeditated murder, 0 voted for felony murder...

But when she heard that 7 voted for both, poor JW did the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member