Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

One comment I want to make about HHJudge Perry is something I just realized lately.

I got spoiled by him during the trial. We knew he stayed up nights researching law over the many motions that came up day after day - and he was researching when the motions were filed, not after the lawyers day in court when they argued their motions.

The result was he frequently ruled the same day on each motion, rather than waiting days or weeks or months for a decision. I believe he is the only judge I have seen do this extra work.

How many times to we see in civil trials and this bankruptcy case that these decisions will be made "anon" - or at some unknown time in the future.:banghead:

One comment I want to make about HHJudge Perry is something I just realized lately.

I got spoiled by him during the trial. We knew he stayed up nights researching law over the many motions that came up day after day - and he was researching when the motions were filed, not after the lawyers day in court when they argued their motions.

The result was he frequently ruled the same day on each motion, rather than waiting days or weeks or months for a decision. I believe he is the only judge I have seen do this extra work.

How many times to we see in civil trials and this bankruptcy case that these decisions will be made "anon" - or at some unknown time in the future.:banghead:

I, too, was impressed with his ability re the motions. I don't know if he had a computer at hand that he could use to search or receive info from someone on his staff.

One thing I thought was out of line was when he complained about his salary being reduced. I didn't think the courtroom was the place was those comments.

JMO

The quote below doesn't sound good. I thought a decision had already been made for both cases to be heard in State Court?????

I was under that impression also. I think CA will be allowed to complete the BK and all claims dismissed. I don't think she will benefit very much for any books, interviews, etc. She is old news. So many things have happened since her "not guilty" verdict. In this day and age, media is moving on with the next new thing and not concentrating on things that happened 3 years ago.

JMO

I, too, was impressed with his ability re the motions. I don't know if he had a computer at hand that he could use to search or receive info from someone on his staff.

One thing I thought was out of line was when he complained about his salary being reduced. I didn't think the courtroom was the place was those comments.

JMO

BBM - I don't remember that - were they in the middle of Baez complaining about expenses or something? :waitasec:

Not doubting you at all ?noanswer - I'm just drawing a blank...

The quote below doesn't sound good. I thought a decision had already been made for both cases to be heard in State Court?????

I had to think about this one. I think both cases asked to be heard by the BK judge - who ruled they had to be settled in civil court.

What the Judge didn't rule on as far as I could figure out - is whether he would hold the BK proceedings until after the civil trials have concluded.

So it looks like we are waiting for that. I think we jumped to the conclusion that the ruling he made meant he would wait.

Anybody "think" better? :floorlaugh: Because this is just a wild guess that I'm not too happy about.

I was under that impression also. I think CA will be allowed to complete the BK and all claims dismissed. I don't think she will benefit very much for any books, interviews, etc. She is old news. So many things have happened since her "not guilty" verdict. In this day and age, media is moving on with the next new thing and not concentrating on things that happened 3 years ago.

JMO

This whole bankruptcy has me thoroughly confused. If baez can't prove that she owes him the 500K (which we all know she doesn't owe him), then is she still eligible for Chapter 7?
Also, when her debts are added up, she can only claim what she actually owes people right? Because at this point, we have no idea how much she could potentially owe creditors like Kronk, Zenaida and Tim Miller. How can the bankruptcy happen when they don't even have a definitive amount that she owes ALL of her creditors?
Is that the ruling that we are waiting for? To determine if the civil suits have to happen before they allow her to dismiss her debts?
Like I said ... thoroughly confused.

JMO

BBM--this is what I'm confused on???? I have always been under the impression any pending lawsuits are usually discharged in the Chapter-7 BK process.

BBM - I don't remember that - were they in the middle of Baez complaining about expenses or something? :waitasec:

Not doubting you at all ?noanswer - I'm just drawing a blank...

Don't remember the exact circumstances, but IIRC he mentioned it more than once. For some reason I am thinking that one of the times was when he was bantering with the jury about things.

I remember thinking that when he mentioned it that I didn't think the comment belonged in a trial.

JMO

Don't remember the exact circumstances, but IIRC he mentioned it more than once. For some reason I am thinking that one of the times was when he was bantering with the jury about things.

I remember thinking that when he mentioned it that I didn't think the comment belonged in a trial.

JMO

LOL are you sure it wasn't when Baez was complaining about not earning any money? Sounds like something that would fit right into that kind of conversation. But agree - not a good place to discuss I guess.

Or else he was talking about being over budget in he expenses for the jurisdictions or courts he handled.

LOL are you sure it wasn't when Baez was complaining about not earning any money? Sounds like something that would fit right into that kind of conversation. But agree - not a good place to discuss I guess.

Or else he was talking about being over budget in he expenses for the jurisdictions or courts he handled.

BBM

I recall some talk about court budgets by Judge Perry but I don't think that it was in front of the jury. And I can't imagine why he would bring something like that up in front of them.

I don't recall him talking about his own salary in front of the jury or in front of anyone. If he did, I think that would have made some headlines.

I wonder why we haven't heard anything else from the Texas attorney Schober? Could he have withdrawn his bid by any chance? Wasn't there some talk about other bidders being in line to bid?

I thought the Judge had said the civil trials had to be concluded before the bankruptcy. Maybe it was thought that the civil suits would just curl up and die when the bk was filed. But now I don't know. If the Judge were to handle the settlement of the civil trials, could that be a good or bad thing?

At this point in time, after the motion was withdrawn, I am losing hope for any satisfaction in the settlement of this bk.

I wonder why we haven't heard anything else from the Texas attorney Schober? Could he have withdrawn his bid by any chance? Wasn't there some talk about other bidders being in line to bid?

I thought the Judge had said the civil trials had to be concluded before the bankruptcy. Maybe it was thought that the civil suits would just curl up and die when the bk was filed. But now I don't know. If the Judge were to handle the settlement of the civil trials, could that be a good or bad thing?

At this point in time, after the motion was withdrawn, I am losing hope for any satisfaction in the settlement of this bk.

According to a link, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-life-story-no-sale-20130507,0,4391768.story posted by MD89 (post number 1398 on page 56 of the Sidebar #15 thread, the trustee withdrew his motion to sell CA's story.

JMO

According to a link, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-life-story-no-sale-20130507,0,4391768.story posted by MD89 (post number 1398 on page 56 of the Sidebar #15 thread, the trustee withdrew his motion to sell CA's story.

JMO

Thanks for reposting MD89's post about the trustee withdrawing his motion.
I guess I should have reposted it myself when I mentioned about the motion being withdrawn in my post.
I was questioning why there has not been any public reaction by any of the other possible bidders to the motion being withdrawn and why the attorney who first made the bid did not comment about it or contest the reason for the withdrawal of the motion.
I haven't heard the real reason behind the withdrawal except that FCA's attorneys had been having some discussions with the trustee so I was also questioning if Schober could have withdrawn his bid to cause the trustee to withdraw his motion.
I would hate to think that her lawyers alone were able to win another round by causing the trustee to withdraw his motion.

Thanks for reposting MD89's post about the trustee withdrawing his motion.
I guess I should have reposted it myself when I mentioned about the motion being withdrawn in my post.
I was questioning why there has not been any public reaction by any of the other possible bidders to the motion being withdrawn and why the attorney who first made the bid did not comment about it or contest the reason for the withdrawal of the motion.
I haven't heard the real reason behind the withdrawal except that FCA's attorneys had been having some discussions with the trustee so I was also questioning if Schober could have withdrawn his bid to cause the trustee to withdraw his motion.
I would hate to think that her lawyers alone were able to win another round by causing the trustee to withdraw his motion.

Sorry, didn't pick up on the real question you were asking! AFAIK, Mr. Schober didn't comment publicly on his bid, so guess he is still maintaining that silence.

AZ lawyer was of the opinion that the trustee could not sell the rights to the story. Hopefully, the trustee and CA's attorney reached an agreement whereby, CA will not benefit from the story. I know, I'm dreaming! I just don't think her story is worth that much anyway. Too much time has elapsed and many more stories have happened.

JMO

Too Bad Casey! ( I love to read how much she hates the publicity in her case ) she brought it all on herself.

Too Bad, So Sad. CA's attorney's aren't going to be able to continue their free service. Welcome to the real world. Most people never get free legal help. CA have you ever thought about getting a job and quit living off the generosity of other?.

JMO

Right.....guess this bunch of lawyers were sleeping during the trial - hello folks - she was acquitted!

Oh wait! You wanted her declared not guilty and rebranded as Lily-white?? In your dreams! Fortunately we still live in a country where after the fact we can state our opinion.

But then again - maybe you are doing doublespeak??? I don't think she got a fair trial last time because she was acquitted - so maybe what you're asking for is another unfair trial?? Is that it?? :floorlaugh:

Right.....guess this bunch of lawyers were sleeping during the trial - hello folks - she was acquitted!

Oh wait! You wanted her declared not guilty and rebranded as Lily-white?? In your dreams! Fortunately we still live in a country where after the fact we can state our opinion.

But then again - maybe you are doing doublespeak??? I don't think she got a fair trial last time because she was acquitted -- so maybe what you're asking for is another unfair trial?? Is that it?? :floorlaugh:
(bolded by me)

YESSSSS!!!! I second that, lg!

I guess getting away with murder and not having to support herself isn't enough for Miss Thang.
:stormingmad:

Aargh.

(Maybe FCA is annoyed because she's slipping in the ratings; she's now only the #2 Most Hated Woman in America, being beat out by Jodi Arias. Time to get her face back out in the public! Surprising we haven't heard from Cindy lately. Maybe she's too busy counting her ill-gotten gains. Grrrrrr.)

Too Bad, So Sad. CA's attorney's aren't going to be able to continue their free service. Welcome to the real world. Most people never get free legal help. CA have you ever thought about getting a job and quit living off the generosity of other?.

JMO

Where did you see that? You mean she actually has to pay for something?
Poor Cindy will have to dip into her charitable trust/Dr Phil fund I guess.....:facepalm:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back