MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still here, checking for updates every day and praying for Jessica.
Don't post because I feel like I have nothing relevant to say. I have nothing...no ideas and no gut instincts about who took her or where she might be. Wish I had something!!!

I am still here too. Checking in several times daily and thinking about Jessica and the circumstances that we have been informed of. There is nothing for me to add and I wonder if we all were derailed by the RSO's, silver vans and witnesses.

LE apparently have lots of support from other agencies and Michigan State Police Profilers now assisting. I feel confident that they are working diligently to find Jessica. I agree with others who have pointed out that Jessica's going missing has received a ton of media, local and nationwide. Chief Shaw has been open and public with the community-not every case is given this much attention nor is the public kept up to date like here in Norton Shores. Sometimes when all is quiet LE behind he scenes is making progress and moving forward-like a calm before the storm.

It is painful to visit this thread. There is no Jessica and there is a baby boy out there asking for his mother's comfort. A family is torn apart and without answers. We watch from the distance and hope for the best and fear the worst. I believe that this community will keep finding Jessica their #1 priority. You all have shown how much you care and we out here care too. Praying for LE and the people searching for Jessica.

jmo

Comments on this board are drying up. Not much else can be said until more information and clues come in. I sure hope Chief Shaw has:

1. Scoured all video surveillance of the potential routes the van traveled including fast food restaurants, costco, walmart, hardware stores etc. Places the perp could have went that day.
2. Scoured all potential RSO in MI and surrounding states with the eyewitness.
3. I would revisit the eyewitness to make sure the description was accurate of the perp, conisder hypnosis to uncover lost details.
4. Reach out to the public. If anyone was driving near the gas station around the time of the abduction to call police. Especially the driver of the dark SUV in front of the van.
5. Contacted all rental storage facilities for video surveillance and to stake out.

other?

bring dogs to area landfills

So much attention to the profilers being brought in makes me think there is no particular suspect. If this is the case, and not just media hype, LE will probably need a lucky break or a valid tip from a suspicious but uncertain family member or neighbor at this point, IMO. I hope LE takes to the airwaves often to beseech people to think back to any strange behaviors, etc.

I hope that if a suspect is found, he will confess and tell where Jessica can be found. Mickey Shunick's killer only did so, IMO, to avoid the death penalty or she would never have been located (again, IMO). Since the DP is not an option in this case, there may not be an incentive to confess, as from what I have seen, life without parole is the standard sentence, if she has been murdered.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ers-to-assist-in-mich-moms-alleged-abduction/

same old, same old.

Chief Shaw believes Jessica knew her abductor.
They'd better grill everyone who knew her then.

There are a few sketchy stories floating around and a few people that share her last name that are questionable characters; then there are those who are not. I don't know if any of them are directly related to Jessica. There are others too that she may have known that are sketchy too. Someone in the police department should spend time making those links or outruling them. I hope they are doing so. Plus, be suspicious of and check out the people who are hiding in plain sight.

I'm certain LE does/did all that though, right?

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 15m
Don't miss my exclusive interview with the father of #JessicaHeeringa tonight on @FOX17 at 10.

Interview with Jessica's father on later

Didn't Jessica's mom say something about Jessica's past having some somewhat shady portions, i.e "no angel" or something like that? Only asking in hopes she has told LE very specifically anything she knows or remembers as far as people she may have known or associated with during this period, if true.

This is my first time on Web sleuths- can someone who is a "Experienced Sleuth" when an investigation goes as this one is (little police activity and seemingly very little to go on) what happens next? How long until Jessica fades to the back burner? It makes me so sad for her family and beyond fearful for her, wherever she is....

You can look at this board as an indicator of how "hot" a case is. Something will go on for many threads (Dylan Redwine, for example) and slowly there is just not much to be said. Then another case breaks and the cycle repeats. I imagine it's the same for LE, they still work a case but have to move on to the next. Personally, I feel sad when the "Active Search" is removed from the thread title, it just pulls on your heart strings....

Agree on reason Mickey Shunick's body was given up by murderer--but in this case it is the terrible cruelty that is just so baffling and awful and bewildering. The little boy not knowing yet about the loss of his beloved devoted mother. The torture for her family and friends not knowing and imagining the worst every hour every day. This despicable psychopath deserves swift implacable merciless justice--I hope fate if not LE can provide this. I think it was an RSO and local. Why hasn't Exxon given more reward money too! Where is the useful tip by a decent citizen?

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 15m
Don't miss my exclusive interview with the father of #JessicaHeeringa tonight on @FOX17 at 10.

Interview with Jessica's father on later

Did you see this interview yet?

I swear, I'm beginning to think the end is near. When we, as a civilization here in the U.S., can't get a handle on something insidious such as this or are too thick headed or whatever to believe what's going on under our own noses, we're done.

She turned to God; those who have ears, do the same.

These bad guys usually prey on young girls though - those who are 14-16, and runaway types. I'm not saying it can't happen to older girls/women but they'd be more difficult to groom and control imo.

"Pete says Jessica gets her love for music, especially The Beatles, from him. He says he spends time in his music room to feel closer to her, “I feel helpless, my hands are tied.”

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/13/e...own-with-jessica-heeringas-dad/#ixzz2TEYFmTin

With Jessica having a love for music, and a guitar store nearby, I wonder if she befriended or knew a customer that also likes music. LE seems to think she knows the perp, and if she knows him, it could be in passing because the gas station and guitar store are in proximity.....? Hypothetical, and my opinion only.

That's weird. If Jessica's his daughter, why does she have a different last name? Usually the mother would have the different last name, yet they share a last name. Was SH married again after PJ and, for some reason, J has this second man's last name? Because we know SH's maiden name, right? Her parents have been interviewed by MSM. Their name begins with a H too but it's Hom----. What gives? More mystery.

"Pete says Jessica gets her love for music, especially The Beatles, from him. He says he spends time in his music room to feel closer to her, “I feel helpless, my hands are tied.”

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/13/e...own-with-jessica-heeringas-dad/#ixzz2TEYFmTin

With Jessica having a love for music, and a guitar store nearby, I wonder if she befriended or knew a customer that also likes music. LE seems to think she knows the perp, and if she knows him, it could be in passing because the gas station and guitar store are in proximity.....? Hypothetical, and my opinion only.

There's bound to be a wealth of characters associated with the guitar store - most of them forty and younger too.

so, if police have no other real promising information to go on, why are no searches going on? worst case scenario... they don't find her (but this could be best scenario because maybe she IS alive?), other best case scenario... they find her AND other evidence to lead them to the suspect.

this is one of only a few cases where i haven't seen searches been going on like crazy. i just don't get it. sure, maybe they don't have any real good ideas of where to start searching, but start where they last saw the van on video?!

one last thing.. how did no other cameras pick the van up?? there's gotta be something else to go on here...

I'm still here too, checking in at least once a day. Just haven't felt I've had anything useful to add recently.

I can tell you that Jessica's flyers are still up all over the place. The Mexican restaurant still has Prayers for Jessica on one side of their sign and One Mission on the other. Jessica and her family are still very much on our minds and in our hearts. We are talking about her.

And also, there is someone out there who steals women and we have to live knowing he could be anywhere among us.

I noticed that the family's command post was closed down earlier today than I've seen before, and they spent Saturday at the benefit and Sunday with family for Mother's Day. They have to be completely emotionally and physically drained. How do you move on with your life when you don't even know where your fiance, daughter or granddaughter is? How long do you sit in a parking lot waiting? How do you ever celebrate another holiday? How do you enjoy a meal when you don't know if your child is hungry? How do you crawl into your warm bed at night not knowing if your child is cold? And her little boy, wondering where mom went and why she hasn't come home. I can't imagine what they are going through, and my heart is breaking for them.

The one thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the dark vehicle seen just ahead of the van in both videos is involved. I watched the videos again and it's really a feeling that I am getting.

I believe local ground and water searches have not been done (assuming they haven't) because she was taken in a vehicle, as far as they know. But Holly is believed to have gone in a vehicle too and I know they have searched all sorts of local spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304