Baby Lisa's parents attend vigil for missing woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok-- so, it's not a non profit like Dylan's? thanks for clarifying. can you now explain what "special taxable fund" means? maybe a link to a descriptor of this info on the WF website? and, more importantly, what and where is the proof that the funds are only used to "look" for lisa? "costas oversees all spending" and her declaration doesn't really verify anything, does it?

Dylan's fund has applied for non profit status, it's not yet granted although they do have an EIN. It's costly to attempt to form a non profit organization. Lisa Irwin's is a fund that is tax exempt and is meant to be short in duration, less than a year. I researched this some time ago so I don't have links to support what I'm saying, but I'm sure if I figured it out, anyone interested could as well. Wells Fargo will explain it too.

yes, I am well aware of the status of Dylan's fund. it was clearly on the site to read, unlike on lisa's page.

if you could provide the links/info to back up your assertion, that'd be great...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8551309&postcount=10"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Mcann fund[/ame]

so, no verification about costas' declaration about how the funds are spent?

ok-- so, it's not a non profit like Dylan's? thanks for clarifying. can you now explain what "special taxable fund" means? maybe a link to a descriptor of this info on the WF website? and, more importantly, what and where is the proof that the funds are only used to "look" for lisa? "costas oversees all spending" and her declaration doesn't really verify anything, does it?

Since I'm not implying that anything shady is going on with that account, I don't see why I should have to prove what they do or don't do with the proceeds. In the article I posted the link to, it doesn't state, as you have in your post I quoted, that the funds are ONLY used to LOOK for Lisa. In fact it says they are used to buy bumper stickers and other articals to spread awareness.

And no, I am not going to look up words in a dictionary for you. If you are in doubt as to how WF conducts business I would suggest you could contact them or Google their TOS etc. I have already provided the link to information about the fund.

I personally think its fine to wear a shirt of your missing loved one to another missing persons vigil. However, I think it is another slap in the face to Lisa's memory because these parents known good and well where that baby is...or was...

I think the most relevant opinion in this circumstance is those parents who are putting on the vigil for their missing child and it's obvious they do not share the same opinion of Lisa's parents as some here do.

I think the most relevant opinion in this circumstance is those parents who are putting on the vigil for their missing child and it's obvious they do not share the same opinion of Lisa's parents as some here do.

However, those parents are not here on WS posting THEIR opinions. I am though, and so are others who feel these parents are guilty. I'm pretty sure that WS is all about posting our opinions. :seeya:

Although I'm not one who generally comes to the defense of Baby Lisa's parents, I really can't fault them for trying to accomplish two good deeds (support the public awareness of Kara and awareness for Baby Lisa, too) with one act.

I do agree, however, with the opening poster in that if their attendance is noted and commented upon, "then how can there be any doubt that our local media would do a story about Lisa in a minute?"

However, those parents are not here on WS posting THEIR opinions. I am though, and so are others who feel these parents are guilty. I'm pretty sure that WS is all about posting our opinions. :seeya:

And you are welcome to that opinion. I guess I just come from the standpoint that if the people holding the vigil don't have an issue with it (and they even went to a Lisa vigil as well), then I don't see where there is room to complain about it. If you're answering the questions 'Was it the wrong thing to do?', well if Kara's parents had no issue with it then obviously it wasn't IMO.

I think there is something to be said about the fact that they continue to make these very public appearance to even remind people that Lisa is missing instead of crawling in a hole and hiding from anyone and everyone, but that's just my opinion. :seeya:

And you are welcome to that opinion. I guess I just come from the standpoint that if the people holding the vigil don't have an issue with it (and they even went to a Lisa vigil as well), then I don't see where there is room to complain about it. If you're answering the questions 'Was it the wrong thing to do?', well if Kara's parents had no issue with it then obviously it wasn't IMO.

I think there is something to be said about the fact that they continue to make these very public appearance to even remind people that Lisa is missing instead of crawling in a hole and hiding from anyone and everyone, but that's just my opinion. :seeya:

I could not have said it any better. :rockon:

Does anyone know:

Is DB is divorced yet?

Have the boys ever received, or are receiving, professional help?

How long before the police reduce this to a cold case?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member