Arias continues giving interviews to the media

IMO, if there was a pic it was from some family outing or pool party, where else would a kid come from? ...I am sure many of us have had or seen children streak naked in front of adults....she is just vile enough to make up a horrible story about an innocent incident....

Where was this claim during the trial? It would seem that this would have supported her other unsubstantiated claim about TA's interest in little boys. But just like the rest of her "stories", there is not evidence other than her word, which doesn't amount to much.

Since she has been adamant that she would rather have the death penalty, could this hurt her appeals or be used against her during the appeals process. I know the appeals are automatic, but would a judge look at the inital trial and say: There is no strong grounds with which to grant an appeal, and the defendant has repeatedly stated that she wishes to have the death penalty for her punishment. It seems defendants are afforded every other right and protection, would their right to choose their punshiment be honored, especially when they repeatedly verbalize what they want.

Is it just me, or does the man who did the interview after the guilty plea look a lot like Scott Peterson?

Is it just me, or does the man who did the interview after the guilty plea look a lot like Scott Peterson?
Bite your tongue!!! Now that you mention it, there is a resemblance. Scott would be a perfect match for Jodi, just as selfish and narcisstic and interested in sex.

Don't have any idea if it is or not, but is MM even on the "way to Yreka" from Mesa? Anyone know?
Not sure, but to go to Monterrey from Yreka to Mesa is NOT the most direct route. It is taking you out of your way from East to West across Calif. The shortest and most direct route down to So.California is I5. Monterrey is on the coast- 101.

IMO, CFJA stating that she wants the death penalty is an absolute form if manipiulation...but not in the sense that everyone else seems to think~~that if she says she wants the death penalty, the jury will give her the opposite.

The way I see the manipulation is that CFJA stating she wants the DP is so that when is given the DP she can say 'that's what I wanted all along, so I win'.

I think she will go ballistic when the family gives their impact statements. She will also use her speaking time to twist another story to bolster her claims. In that case, I would hope that JSS would shut that down immediately.

IMO, CFJA stating that she wants the death penalty is an absolute form if manipiulation...but not in the sense that everyone else seems to think~~that if she says she wants the death penalty, the jury will give her the opposite.

The way I see the manipulation is that CFJA stating she wants the DP is so that when is given the DP she can say 'that's what I wanted all along, so I win'.

I think she will go ballistic when the family gives their impact statements. She will also use her speaking time to twist another story to bolster her claims. In that case, I would hope that JSS would shut that down immediately.

I agree...I think it's all about winning to her, at all costs - even death. I also don't think she has (or ever had for that matter) any respect for human life. That's why she killed Travis when she realized they were done, because if she couldn't have him no one would and even if she got caught what did she care because I think she had convinced herself (years ago even) that she was going down regardless (so why not bring him too)....and like I said she has no respect for human life. Maybe the only way she wouldn't have gone down that road was if Travis stayed with her..

And with taping his phone calls from day one she had been thinking evil thoughts from way back.

I hope she gets the DP so the Alexander family can have some peace or some form of it knowing this evil person will no longer share this earth with anyone.

It's just incredible how she keeps trying to wake things that have long since gone to bed. Her pedophilia claims is one example. Also, she still has a lot of her eggs in MM's basket but MM has ditched her completely. Even if he didn't testify he could have appeared on one of many televised shows that would have jumped on the chance to have him speak. But no, he did not.
Alas, poor Jodi.

Since she was into Shakespeare, or at least interested (Orthello), I guess this is how how MM feels about JA now.

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that.

I think MM has not spoken on any tv shows etc because he was more involved than we actually know about. Quite how far that involvement goes I don't know. He was dragged into the Black Widows web and to say anything he would incriminate himself. I think she still has some hold over him so he's keeping his mouth shut and staying out of the way. I'm sure he knows JA would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat so is probably quietly hoping she gets DP so that he can breath easy again. :moo:

If she is ever about to face execution just think what she will do when asked "Do you have any last words?".:facepalm:

LOL! This is how I want that to play out.
Jodi is asked "Do you have any last words?"
Jodi starts yapping away sharing her wisdom.
Jodi is told "Please stop talking, Ms. Arias. I don't want to HEAR your last words, I was just asking if you HAD any."
<of course this is all said with a *advertiser censored*-headed smile, ala Jodi's mugshot >

Had there really been this picture of TA chasing a naked boy - which I'm certain is just another lie - it could've been a bonus for the prosecution. It wouldn't have shown any crime or pedophilia on TA's part. Maybe he would have just been chasing the child to get some clothes on him. Or it could be said he was trying to protect the child and get him away from the PSYCHO, CHILD *advertiser censored* PICTURE TAKING, PEDOPHILIA JA who was taking pictures of a naked boy. Wouldn't her actions be the only crime it proved? Besides, if they showed such a picture and were somehow able to show that it really was evidence of pedophilia on TA's part then JA would face another despicable charge of conspiracy to commit chid abuse since she was photographing the act and not reporting it to the authorities!

Ooops, sorry, yet another "einstein" like "brilliant" story turns out to be not very well thought out. It actually pisses me off that people keep saying that she is smart. Really? She's a dumb as a box of rocks - she only thinks she is smart and THAT is dangerous!

I was listening to a snippit of the interview and I noticed that she said, in reference to being "forced" to tell the "truth" about who Travis really was, "I had to tell the tr-- (pause), I had to answer their questions." What a slip! Notice how she stopped herself and wouldn't say the word truth. She said "answer their questions" and she could have finished that sentence with the phrase "with lies."

Oh question: how does Arias call a reporters voicemail when she can only call collect from prison? Doesn't a live person on the other end of the line have to accept the charges? Did Donovan hold a second phone up while they were on a call to make this possible? Ideas?

She's been quite interested in Willmot's blackberry, she probably grabbed it and made the call when no one was looking. XD

Oh question: how does Arias call a reporters voicemail when she can only call collect from prison? Doesn't a live person on the other end of the line have to accept the charges? Did Donovan hold a second phone up while they were on a call to make this possible? Ideas?

3 way calling....common for inmates, call a buddy to accept the collect call from the jail, friend puts them on hold and calls the other number, connects with caller on hold.

Inmates can also purchase phone cards.

......and I'm am totally lost because the "aggravating thread" was combined with the "sidebar" thread........the peeps in the evening had great convos going on about the trial and it was easy to keep up with the posts. JMO

Just a thought...if JA really wants the death penalty, then she needs to be declared competent by a psychologist/psychiatrist, and then waive her rights to appeals. That can be done, and has been done...with Ailene Wuornos, in Florida, so there is precedent.

Just thinking out loud and wondering if she knows this is an option to a fast, quick, and painless death...unlike the kind she gave Travis.

Best-
Herding Cats

Just thinking out loud and wondering if she knows this is an option to a fast, quick, and painless death...unlike the kind she gave Travis.

There's one mandatory appeal which I don't think she could waive even if she wanted to. Fast and quick is relative. Perhaps it might only take her 5 to 10 yrs to be executed versus the well-over-20 yrs, if ever, timeframe if she waived any further appeals (outside of the 1 mandatory appeal).

If she is truly serious about it then what she should say is "I understand this crime is so heinous that the death penalty is the right decision for what I did and I'm not going to fight the sentence if that's what a jury has determined I should receive." That's different than saying, "I want my ultimate freedom; I want to die." Saying you "want to die" earns a trip to the psych ward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back