Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Lucinda Kent
Updated Tue Apr 9, 2013 3:03pm AEST

"We have some long trials, some potentially long trials coming up," he said.

"The Baden-Clay trial for example, the Daniel Morcombe trial - they are very long trials and I think they will benefit from the regime that is established by this practice direction."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-09/hope-new-rules-will-resolve-court-trials-more-quickly/4618100

Good pickup Flinders. I found the actual practice direction which may be of interest.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/178703/sc-pd6of2013.pdf

In today's Brisbane Courier Mail-

THE state's top judge says most Queenslanders do not understand how the justice system works - or even what amounts to reasonable doubt. "They often ask what is beyond reasonable doubt, which I can't tell them. We can say reasonable doubt is what you believe a reasonable doubt to be," Justice de Jersey said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ice-system-works/story-e6freoof-1226640642039

Thinking of Allison and her family - she seems to pop into my mind at various times in the week, like driving over water, seeing a mum with her girls, and watching ballet on tv.

Hope Allison's girls had a wonderful day with their grandma, and shared precious favourite memories of their mum.

Hope all you sleuthers are good - I've been following some of the other cases on websleuths, but like to pop in here every now and then :)

Hope we have a date for GBC's trial soon.....

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=kiesha+weippeart&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Kiesha's step father was gaoled for leaving her to die and then disposing of her body. He didn't kill the little girl. Kiesha's mother, allegedly killed her but midstream pleaded manslaughter but that was refused so she goes to trial for the murder.
IF GBC's should change his plea that he disposed Allison's body only then maybe he'll get similar to Kiesha's stepfather? If he should change his plea to manslaughter, then hopefully the same could apply, it is refused and he goes to trial for murder like Kiesha's mother.
I'm seeing a couple of similarities with these trials and throwing around my thoughts.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-she-disappeared/story-e6freoof-1226537242449

In Allison's diary there is an entry speaking about a portrait,

"Pictures - a large portrait - with her!
40th birthday- 4 weeks later started"
Was that a gift for TM? Did GBC purchase a portrait of TM only or was it a romantic 'couple photo'? If it's the latter I would have ripped his face apart too! (But I would have given up on the marriage loooong ago.)

it crawls me to think that TM looked longingly at GBC in the courtroom, what was the meaning of that? What was it she was trying to say?
Fess up?
I had to tell the police everything?
I love you?
I'm sorry but I won't be waiting for you? ewww
What did our wonderful witness sluethers feel her look meant in the courtroom that day.

Interesting article in todays Brisbane Courier Mail about delays in the Morcombe trial.

When a person is committed for trial for an indictable offence which is a serious crime such as murder, the crown has 6 months to present an indictment which is a formal document setting out the particulars of the charges against the accused person. Once that is done, then there will be a pretrial hearing and then a date for trial set down.

The article in today's paper discusses these issues re the Morcombe case but they apply equally to GBC's trial. It seems the Morcombe case indictment has not yet been presented and whilst this will happen before it is due in August, the trial won't be until next year. I expect this trial will occur before GBC's. So GBC's trial date may not even be set until early next year I think.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...of-crown-lawyers/story-e6freoof-1226641556627

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-she-disappeared/story-e6freoof-1226537242449

In Allison's diary there is an entry speaking about a portrait,

"Pictures - a large portrait - with her!
40th birthday- 4 weeks later started"
Was that a gift for TM? Did GBC purchase a portrait of TM only or was it a romantic 'couple photo'? If it's the latter I would have ripped his face apart too! (But I would have given up on the marriage loooong ago.)

it crawls me to think that TM looked longingly at GBC in the courtroom, what was the meaning of that? What was it she was trying to say?
Fess up?
I had to tell the police everything?
I love you?
I'm sorry but I won't be waiting for you? ewww
What did our wonderful witness sluethers feel her look meant in the courtroom that day.

Not a witness sleuther but the thought has played in my mind too.

'Darling," or GM, (whatever)
"You said you loved me. You promised me you'd be free, for me, by 1 July.
All these other women, GM, It can't be true, can it? They'd just be on the side flings dear, right? What I mean to confirm, they were just floozies, right? Simply Sexpots? Not like me.
I thought you were true to me GG dear.
All that you said about your marriage being over, and all those negative things you said about that Allison..... I believed you dear. Still believe you. I AM your one and only, aren't I?
Why wont you look at me GM. Look me in the eyes. Here I am. Waiting for you...
Longingly loving and waiting, and sometimes wondering......
You aren't going to say it was me who did it are you? GM?GM?
You wouldn't do that to your GG now would you?
After all I have done for you, you aren't going to lay all on me are you?
GM, I am not 100% sure I can trust you...
Please don't do this to me......."

Not a witness sleuther but the thought has played in my mind too.

'Darling," or GM, (whatever)
"You said you loved me. You promised me you'd be free, for me, by 1 July.
All these other women, GM, It can't be true, can it? They'd just be on the side flings dear, right? What I mean to confirm, they were just floozies, right? Simply Sexpots? Not like me.
I thought you were true to me GG dear.
All that you said about your marriage being over, and all those negative things you said about that Allison..... I believed you dear. Still believe you. I AM your one and only, aren't I?
Why wont you look at me GM. Look me in the eyes. Here I am. Waiting for you...
Longingly loving and waiting, and sometimes wondering......
You aren't going to say it was me who did it are you? GM?GM?
You wouldn't do that to your GG now would you?
After all I have done for you, you aren't going to lay all on me are you?
GM, I am not 100% sure I can trust you...
Please don't do this to me......."

Good Post LadyBird1 ....... spot on!

completely OT, but I've got a question.

I'm wanting to find info on a double murder that happened in 1992. I know the name of the murderer and where it happened, I don't remember much more. Something that was said in another thread made me remember this and now I want to know more. I've googled tirelessly over the years to no avail and assumed that it was too long ago for anything to be left online... I know it made the national papers, but it was a small clip on page 3, it wasn't big news because some hours later he handed himself in.

Soooo, I'm wondering if anyone might be able to give me some pointers or advice and head me in the right direction to get info. Would court docs still be available?

ETA - thanks in advance :)

ETA, I've now found one article about his trial, it includes names of those murdered and a few more details. I used a year when googling this time to find it.

I'm wanting to find info on a double murder that happened in 1992. I know the name of the murderer and where it happened, I don't remember much more. Something that was said in another thread made me remember this and now I want to know more. I've googled tirelessly over the years to no avail and assumed that it was too long ago for anything to be left online... I know it made the national papers, but it was a small clip on page 3, it wasn't big news because some hours later he handed himself in.

Soooo, I'm wondering if anyone might be able to give me some pointers or advice and head me in the right direction to get info. Would court docs still be available?

ETA, I've now found one article about his trial, it includes names of those murdered and a few more details. I used a year when googling this time to find it.
There were no internet sites such as this in 1992 Humdinger. Well, no Internet either for that matter or it was in its infancy.
A mighty lot more things can be aired now for this reason alone. This is really "cutting edge" stuff in my opinion that would make the life of a criminal (who expected to get away with murder) very much different.
Also very hard to "quiet" witnesses or others when the crook doesn't know exactly who people who post actually are, or where to find them.

Hi Humdinger, you could try a search on the Australasian Legal Information Institute's website (www.austlii.edu.au). This database has details of many court cases and if you're lucky the one you're interested in might be there.

It's the coldest night since 2002 according to the bureau of meteorology. I wonder if there is heating in AGCC?

It's the coldest night since 2002 according to the bureau of meteorology. I wonder if there is heating in AGCC?

I'm sure your precious tax dollars are keeping GBC wonderfully warm and well fed.
Warmer than we peasants are on the outside.

I'm sure your precious tax dollars are keeping GBC wonderfully warm and well fed.
Warmer than we peasants are on the outside.
General population Prisoners should earn their keep IMO. Put them in chains if necessary, then put groups of them to work on projects for the State Governments - all supervised. Have penalty for failure to perform prescribed work, and reward for completion of prescribed work, etc.

Off topic although following on from the above posts. They don't want much do they!!!

May 14, 2013

HODDLE St killer Julian Knight has been fighting for a computer in his prison cell for seven years, now he wants a PlayStation.
The mass murderer has launched legal action over a decision by Corrections Victoria not to allow him access to the popular gaming console.

He is also seeking a judicial review of a decision to not allow him to have a computer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...tion-in-his-cell/story-fnat7jnn-1226642366520

Also off topic but for those interested in Jennifer Ramsaran case...her husband has finally been charged with second degree murder!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9450640&postcount=445"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11 *ARREST*[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj