Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Both houses beside Castro's were abandoned and boarded up.

I've seen that posted here before, but I believe that is not true. Only the house on one side is boarded up, and has been for at least four years. Charles Ramsey is a tenant in the house on the other side. So that house is definitely not abandoned. Most of the other houses on the block look to be well maintained and occupied.

Aside from that I agree with your post.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/15/us-usa-missing-ohio-women-idUSBRE94D15820130515

(Reuters) - Two of the women imprisoned in a Cleveland house in conditions described as similar to a prisoner of war camp suffered from severe malnutrition and will require long-term therapy for injuries such as hearing loss and joint and muscle damage, two sources with direct knowledge said.

This guy is definitely a sadistic psychopath. Reading the article was really sickening.

He is beyond a monster!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/15/us-usa-missing-ohio-women-idUSBRE94D15820130515

(Reuters) - Two of the women imprisoned in a Cleveland house in conditions described as similar to a prisoner of war camp suffered from severe malnutrition and will require long-term therapy for injuries such as hearing loss and joint and muscle damage, two sources with direct knowledge said.

This guy is definitely a sadistic psychopath. Reading the article was really sickening.

Well that is depressing. Since Amanda Berry looked pretty thin to me, but not malnourished. I was hoping that the reports of malnutrition were an exaggeration. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

I'd say that the prisoner of war analogy is an understatement. Sounds more like a Nazi concentration camp.

Hi everyone! new here but been reading a long time. so I hope no-one minds me jumping in and putting my thoughts out here.
but I just wanted to say 9 out of 10 times I do think its an act but regarding AC I really don't think it is. I truly believe this guy is nuts and might just be this cra. And with him being in such control over others for so long and then losing that power might be making him.lose it all together. its hard for an abuser when they lose that control. but if it is and act then he is doing it all wrong. jall/prison gards. have seen it all. p.s sorry for spelling airs am on a phone...ugh need my lap top back lol

Welcome to WS!

Good post and good points.

It is possible he could have snapped due to the loss of control. But generally that would cause violence. And we aren't hearing of him being violent.

He was known as being a "nice" guy at least sometimes. I am thinking maybe with the women he was aggressive. But maybe around others he is more submissive. And what I am thinking of is a kind of passive aggressive behavior. If he is aggressive with the jailers, he knows he will pay for that. But he can get by with making them uncomfortable by being nude. By flossing his teeth with the mattress strings. (Though I think if I was a jailer, I would want to examine that mattress since he is on suicide watch.) If he is unraveling it, could it be used somehow for suicide?

But all those photos are after the fact, not before. So how do you know Castro boarded up in the back?

Look at the pictures. It's pretty obvious that the boards over the door are brand new, while the old warped, faded wood over the windows has been there for sometime. The police are obviously not going to use old used lumber to seal up a building, for evidence.

cleveland15n-8-web-2_zpsc915dca2.jpg

Ariel Castro will be judged and found guilty by what was found in his home. Ignore the posturing of lawyers, the attention seeking behavior in jail. Ignore him as much as the women were ignored all those years. We can pretend we don't even know he is in captivity. Refuse to read anything about him or discuss his current situation. Refuse to acknowledge his existence.

Not going to happen. People will be talking about him for the next 20 years. There will be books, movies and probably many TV documentaries (which will be re-run over and over). The story is too big to just fade away.

It won't be him doing it, it will be people looking to profit from the story. His family, the women and/or their families, the neighbors, friends and random people in the community all looking to monetise their experience in some way. Remember, this is a poor community, you can bet that at some people around there are going to be seeing dollar signs in all of this and trying to figure out how they can get some of that.

Sadly, that is how the world is.

Interesting comment made by a SB on TDJ (FB friends with AC) facebook page.......

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it is probably a random comment from a random person!

:eek: It would be odd for a random person to insinuate something like that for no reason !!!

Did mother try to find out what happened to Michelle? Michelle's brother claims mother didn't even tell him Michelle was missing.

I got the impression that he wasn't really talking to his mother either, and that was why he didn't know.

Has he explained why he never asked about her?

Sounds like the sociopath has woven his charm, as they are skilled at doing, on his attorneys. The case doesn't sound so difficult to me, open and shut!

Well that is depressing. Since Amanda Berry looked pretty thin to me, but not malnourished. I was hoping that the reports of malnutrition were an exaggeration. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

I'd say that the prisoner of war analogy is an understatement. Sounds more like a Nazi concentration camp.

Amanda looked ok and reasonably healthy.

I'm guessing the other womens condition was not as bad as that report implied, otherwise they would have been kept in hospital longer. De Jesus went home pretty soon after she was found, and she was apparently moving under her own steam OK based on that TV footage we saw of her coming home. Knight was probably in the worst shape of the three.

Sounds like the sociopath has woven his charm, as they are skilled at doing, on his attorneys. The case doesn't sound so difficult to me, open and shut!

Not really. The DA is talking about murder charges and the death penalty, so, the defence has no option but to go to the other extreme to head that off. Castro is not going to plead guilty when they are talking like that.

They will meet in the middle ground for a plea bargain, which will be life for kidnapping/rape.

It is all part of the game when going to court.

:eek: It would be odd for a random person to insinuate something like that for no reason !!!

I thought that it probably is a random person (not friends on FB) and if so then they have probably been listening to rumours. I haven't heard anywhere that AC ever had someone living at his house besides his Family. But who knows.....

I bought this over from the last thread.
The part about the nephews and nieces... It really struck a chord with me. I had an uncle who my siblings and I were petrified of, he would walk into Nan's place while we were all having lunch and chatting and the mood would turn sombre, everyone would look down and just eat, if he were at the table people didn't speak... We were always scared of him, not scared that he'd do anything specific, but scared to be near him and scared to talk in front of him etc. years later I heard that Nan (his mum) would actually cross the road to avoid him if she saw him down the street (in the shopping area of town).
One night he went to where his ex wife, her partner and his kids were and shot and killed his ex and her partner and left his kids there and drove off. I was only about 16 at the time, but I had no idea he would be capable of that. But at 16, I don't know if you really think about these things happening either.

The problem I see with having relatives like this is that they are creepy, they scare the crap out of other family members and intimidate anything that comes near them, but until they do something illegal, there is nothing anyone can do. I mean you can't call the cops and report that you are afraid of a family member who has not doine anything to you.

I have a nephew that can be so sweet and loving and do anything for you, but has a temper that won't quit. My mother confided in me that she's afraid of him and doesn't know what he's capable of, that she feels he could be capable of really hurting someone. Thing is, he hasn't yet. He's doing nothing illegal. He goes apeshiot on FB about people and displays a lot of anger and control, but just hasn't done anything to any of us.

I was thinking though about AC intimidating his nephews and scaring them with the mannequin and threatening them. Where are their parents??? If one of my brothers or sisters threatened one of my children like that, I would have words with them about it, and I would never let my kids go near them again. I would put the word out to everyone else in the family about it to make sure the rest of my sibs knows their kids might be intimidated by the one sib.

Amanda looked ok and reasonably healthy.

I'm guessing the other womens condition was not as bad as that report implied, otherwise they would have been kept in hospital longer. De Jesus went home pretty soon after she was found, and she was apparently moving under her own steam OK based on that TV footage we saw of her coming home. Knight was probably in the worst shape of the three.

Well apparently the two of them have permanent injuries from the ordeal. One with serious facial trauma and the other a neck injury. That doesn't sound good.

Oh sheesh. I have to say this made me shake my head and contemplate a good dramatic teenager-style eye roll. From the article:

"Cleveland Public Power, or CPP, says it normally checks residential power use monthly, which would mean employees would have visited Castro's home about 120 times over 10 years.

Did they notice or hear anything suspicious?

'Our contact with customers is limited to the outside of the home. It is a very rare occasion that we are called to go into a home,' said Shelley Shockley, the spokesperson for CPP.

The Cleveland Division of Water reads meters every three months. That means they would have checked Castro's meter about 40 times while the women were held against their will. Did the employees ever go inside to repair the meter?"​

Oh my gosh WHAT?! Meter readers were there monthly for the utilities and the water meter readers were there every 3 months - all those visits and they didn't know there were horrible things going on inside the home? Don't they know x-ray vision through walls is a job requirement?? Sorry... <end sarcasm>. OF COURSE the utility and water people were there often, just like they were at every other neighbor's house with the same frequency. It's not weird that they hadn't been inside the house - weirder IMO would have been if they were regularly IN the house since meter readers don't typically go inside homes.

I guess I must be missing something - what is the point of articles like this? What's next, a story about the local paper deliverer throwing papers onto the driveway and not noticing the girls were there? How about the mail carrier - how many times did he or she go to the house? Were there multiple mail carriers for that route and NONE of them noticed? What about the person who drives by there daily on the way to work and never saw or heard anything? The list could go on and on. Is the goal to make people feel guilty, or ignorant, or ... ? I'm completely missing the logic behind articles like this, nevermind the fact that I don't exactly find it newsworthy that meter readers <gasp!> did their jobs.

Oh wait! I did just think of one positive. If these types of articles keep the press busy doing things like digging up meter reading schedules instead of harassing these ladies I suppose that's a good thing.

BTW Mysterview thank you for posting the article link. Please don't take my mini-rant wrong, I was just using your post to jump off from.

well the postman didn't go there everyday we know he always put the mail in Charles Ramsey post box :)

I've been thinking about the boarded up windows. Surely he couldn't have boarded up every window in this house. If he did, they would have suffocated in there in the Summer with no air conditioning. If there were windows that were not boarded, will the defense pose the question as to why the girls did not try to break the windows to escape or call out for help?

Also...gosh...who in their right mind would not find boarded up windows crazy in a lived-in house, and why wouldn't someone question it?

I just don't understand all the people that visited AC in his kitchen and nobody was curious about why they were prevented from seeing/going in the living room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong