Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it's been a week, I'm starting to doubt whether I saw his phone number for sure on Kijiji, as I also looked at the AutoTrader ad that first day. I know at least one of the two definitely has his number posted. However, I can say without a doubt, the Kijiji ad did have a link to an accurate map of where he lived (again, it might not have showed his actual address, but it was detailed enough to find his home).

OK I just found the video from the first press conference and around the 5:35 minute mark, it is stated that Mr. Bosma put his own phone number on the websites (plural -- earlier he states ads were placed on Kijiji and AutoTrader).
Hamilton Police Press Conference - Disappearance of Tim Bosma - YouTube

Hamilton Police Sgt. Mat Kavanagh confirmed during a press conference last week Bosma left only a cell phone number as a point of contact.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/15/hamilton-tim-bosma-dellen-millard-court.html

For the few who have been questioning DM's facebook and friends list - he didn't start out with 13 friends. Not many want to stay on the friends list of an accused murderer to be linked in any way so the numbers have dwindled daily. So that someone is not a FB friend of DM does not mean they are not connected or they do not use FB. .

That's what I was thinking as well...CN may have been FB friends with him prior to his arrest.

Just to keep things in perspective, we can't rule things out because we assume DM had a lot of cash. He paid $835k for that property, yes, but that was when his father was still alive and they had plans to build there. That never happened. The business went south and since DMs father died, they've been looking for someone to rent out the hangar.

It's entirely possible (and starting to look likely) he's actually in a world of financial trouble. One additional stressor like a drug problem or a loan he couldn't keep up with could have been a deal breaker. Dad and grandpa are both gone, the money train is over, they've left substantial obligations and debts...

Not that it's any excuse for anything. But I don't think we should be so quick to say, he wouldn't need to steal, he wouldn't be involved in a theft ring. The engine in Tim's truck, it's been said before, was worth thousands. That might not have been pocket change anymore for DM *in his current situation.*

I guess most people skipped over my earlier post transcribing what DM's lawyer said after court today (I don't blame you -- the post is long!).

Here's a snip from my post a couple pages back:

When asked if he can speak to speculation that DM's finances weren't doing so well:
"I can speak to it absolutely. His finances are fine. He's not in debt. He owns a number of properties which are paid for. He was not hurting financially. He had-- the police have confirmed he had sufficient funds to easily purchase this truck if he wished to do so."

am I allowed to post a link from another website that shows pictures of where the cell phone was found by LE? there are 2 pictures and shows location. Also DM's Lawyer said investigators confirmed to him that there is no financial debt and he is wealthy.

I just unapproved 16 posts naming people who are not mentioned in the MSM. Can't do this folks! If your post was removed and you have evidence that the person was named in the mainstream media, please repost WITH A LINK!!!

We've asked morning, noon and night that this stops. We're being patient because we have a lot of new members, but if it doesn't stop, we'll have to resort to time outs. No one likes time outs - it's not fun for anyone! :(

:cheers:

I wish there was a way to upvote and downvote posts like on reddit so that the downvoted posts get suppressed from view. <modsnip>

I guess most people skipped over my earlier post transcribing what DM's lawyer said after court today (I don't blame you -- the post is long!).

When asked if he can speak to speculation that DM's finances weren't doing so well:
"I can speak to it absolutely. His finances are fine. He's not in debt. He owns a number of properties which are paid for. He was not hurting financially. He had-- the police have confirmed he had sufficient funds to easily purchase this truck if he wished to do so."

Regardless of what the lawyer said, he is a young man with responsibilities that grew substantially larger since his father passed away in December. He can have lots of assets and be facing trouble without an *income.* He could probably afford the truck. What I'm saying is that is no reason to discount his involvement in organized crime or theft. What was he going to do for work from here on out, since Dad's business didn't pan out and he's on his own?

I completely agree. He had sufficient funds to easily purchase this truck if he wished to do so.

MOO, DM did not wish to do so. Stealing a truck was like free money. He would know how to turn around and sell a stolen truck easily. He was very familiar with vehicles and probably knew someone who wanted a truck and said he could get one for him. It's cash he wouldn't have to claim and it wasn't a loan payment he would have to repay.

Just to keep things in perspective, we can't rule things out because we assume DM had a lot of cash. He paid $835k for that property, yes, but that was when his father was still alive and they had plans to build there. That never happened. The business went south and since DMs father died, they've been looking for someone to rent out the hangar.*

I believe his lawyer just ruled that out, that his financials were looked at and he is confirmed to own several properties and could have paid cash for the truck.

Its in the interview.

Thanks.

When asked how his client is reacting to the first degree murder charge, DM's lawyer says:
"Extremely concerned, elevation of the charges. He is presumed innocent. We are defending it, we're gonna plead not guilty. There is a story behind this, which I can't get into. Obviously it's more than what it appears to be."

When asked about his client's state of mind:
"State of mind is, he's not somebody who's been in jail or used to jail. He's very, very concerned and distraught and knows it's a long haul and steeling his mind to that. He's a bit of a philosopher by way of nature and background and reading and he's taking this one step at a time."

When asked about being framed:
"I can't get into the framing aspect. The police, we're really awaiting for the police investigation to be completed. There are other suspects out there, my understanding, and once they've been apprehended I think you'll get a fuller picture of what's going on."

When asked if his client is concerned with the public reaction:
"He's really not concerned about the public reaction. He's more concerned about the situation with respect to Mr. Bosma and also the situation he finds himself in. Those are his concerns."
^ grrr...using Tim's name to try to paint his client in a better light

When asked if DM's had any visitors in jail or in the courtroom:
"He's had no visitors, partially based on some advice that he's received, legal advice."

When asked if there's anything he (DM's lawyer) would like to pass along to the Bosma family:
"Certainly as a human being, condolences. I'm sure my client feels extremely remorseful for what's happened. But, you know, we maintain his innocence, and we're gonna defend this."

When asked about DM's mother and the new information:
"She's completely shaken up to the point of being very-- very much in shock. Very, very much in shock. Very shaken up."

DM's lawyer says he has spoken to DM's mother and:
"she's not saying anything other than being extremely shaken up that she would find her son, who she has indicated to me just to be a previous good character, a good son, you know an obedient son, and someone who's always excelling at things."

Above BBM. Interested choice of words by the lawyer. If lawyer and DM are proclaiming his INNOCENCE, then what would DM have to be "remorseful" about?

I completely agree. He had sufficient funds to easily purchase this truck if he wished to do so.

MOO, DM did not wish to do so. Stealing a truck was like free money. He would know how to turn around and sell a stolen truck easily. He was very familiar with vehicles and probably knew someone who wanted a truck and said he could get one for him. It's cash he wouldn't have to claim and it wasn't a loan payment he would have to repay.

I think he was gonna use it himself, particularly for the Diesel engine, which he may replace in his other ram, that has a gas power hemi... And I'm sure for a lot of other things.

Dunno if you know this but, a Diesel Engine CAN burn the same fuel as an Airplane and I read one post by one of DM's friends on FB that was referring to the Baja races that "the boss" uses Airplane fuel in everything... TB's truck was Diesel, DM's red one, was not.

TB did NOT have tattoos. The wedding picture did not show the person's face and was wearing different clothing than TB was wearing for his wedding. It was a picture of someone else involved in the wedding.

I was the one who asked about the tattoo on the fingers..

1) I have nothing agains tattoos or associate them with anything as I myself have one.

2) I was wondering if it was their initials? TB and SB nothing else!! Something I think is romantic!!

I did not look as closely at the photos as some others did and like the quote above, this is not TB in the photo!

I have asked the Admin. to remove my initial posting as this is my Question and it is being blown all out of context.

I apologize if My question offended anyone. I am hoping the admins will remove the first post to this doesn't get twisted anymore into this thread.

I do not believe TB was involved in anything at all. And yes Christians do have tattoos!

I hope this clears everything up

hey everyone, still trying to get caught up this morning and it's hard to! i just want to throw this out there before i forget. what if DM confided in a friend about the location of TB's body and that friend notified LE and this is what leads LE to firmly believe that it is TB that they have found?

Dunno if you know this but, a Diesel Engine CAN burn the same fuel as an Airplane and I read one post by one of DM's friends on FB that was referring to the Baja races that "the boss" uses Airplane fuel in everything... TB's truck was Diesel, DM's red one, was not.

I am aware of everything you stated

I just realized that I used to rent out my garage to a Bosma Heating and air conditioning rep here in Hamilton. Said Bosma on the truck in red letters.
I wasn't even connecting Tim to air conditioning.Duh.
Do you think there could be more then 2 companies like that here in Hamilton?
They said a great number of people in the dutch community were related to him.Maybe a family owned trade business?

Regardless of what the lawyer said, he is a young man with responsibilities that grew substantially larger since his father passed away in December. He can have lots of assets and be facing trouble without an *income.* He could probably afford the truck. What I'm saying is that is no reason to discount his involvement in organized crime or theft. What was he going to do for work from here on out, since Dad's business didn't pan out and he's on his own?

Oh I agree, I think even if he had a lot of income coming in (legit or otherwise), he could be involved in organized crime.

His lawyer also stated police have confirmed he could have bought the truck if he wanted to (he used the word funds, which to me means cash, not assets that would have to be liquidated). LE could have quickly got all of DM's financial records (list of assets owned, credit reports, banking information). From my previous job, I know it usually takes two weeks for banks to turn over all the records requested via warrant, but they can and will provide it quicker in certain situations.

Regardless of whether he could have paid for the truck or not, the fact remains he chose to take the truck (and a man's life in the process...whether directly by his hand or not).

But wouldn't airplane fuel be a LOT more expensive than diesel? Would there be some actual benefit (vehicle performance) to using a much much more expensive fuel?

hey everyone, still trying to get caught up this morning and it's hard to! i just want to throw this out there before i forget. what if DM confided in a friend about the location of TB's body and that friend notified LE and this is what leads LE to firmly believe that it is TB that they have found?

Anything is possible, right? I think there is most definitely an informant working with the police.

Something that stood out to me at the last press conference was when Detective Sergeant Matt Kavanagh said that he believed TB was killed that night. I know he wasn't stating it as a complete fact, but that is still something pretty big to commit to. I was extremely surprised that he didn't brush the question off by saying they could not establish a time of death at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88