aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think WindyCityGirl has a pretty darned good point. Your response is reasonable, but she does have a point about social double standards with regard to gender bias where sexuality and labeling is concerned.

I think the point is certainly a good one, but I wouldn't use JA/ Travis and these circumstances to argue the point. But that's just me.

I wonder if Jodi thinks the tape of herself winning prison idol would be helpful .. If I was Nurmi I'd almost suggest it, purely out of spite in retaliation for the Fox interview.

And JM could use a show from a competing network and say the 'jury has spoken' and have them snuff out her tiki flame, and send her to death row.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/jurors-decide-jodi-arias-is-eligible-for-death-penalty
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ 5/15/13

Jurors decide Jodi Arias is eligible for death penalty

Snipped:

On Monday, Arias was taken off suicide watch and transferred back to the all-female Estrella Jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Arias will remain there "on closed custody status." She is alone in a cell and is being allowed out one hour each day to access phone calls and showers.

Hopefully, they will occasionally take turns learning what the words actually mean and how to use them properly.

Mrs. Malaprop has taken great inference at your incineration and inquests an apoplectic.

I had to miss today. :( Anybody have a link to a video where today's verdict was read?

I'm bringing this over from the previous thread because I think it's an important point to make.

What a freaking awesome post!

Thank you!

This needs to be said loud and clear!

I am so sick of women on here buying into Jodi's horrible accusations about Travis or somehow acknowledging he had some abusive sexual issues.

Says who?

Jodi Arias?

Get real.

Just look at how he treated every other single woman in his life.

Look at who's exes were in court supporting family and friends.

My new chant:

Says who?
Jodi Arias!
Get real.

The defense might bring in the memo graph machine and pass out allot of copies of something... Who knows what? They may call Troy to the stand to say she gave him a terrific interview that has helped his career.

She will just use the time to go for more attacks against our T-Dogg

Prayers to the family.

I think the point is certainly a good one, but I wouldn't use JA/ Travis and these circumstances to argue the point. But that's just me.

I don't know the extent of your exchanges with her/him, so I'm just basing my opinion on what I saw of that post. H/she seemed willing to take case on its merits, but was commenting on the reflexive polarization of gender roles and expectations regarding media portrayal and general attitudes about their sexual relationship. Your point about the extent of that relationship being in large part channeled only through the defense was a good one. I was just commenting on the larger point she made -- which was defensible and worth considering. I do agree that attempting to link that point to the sandcastle that is the defense in this case was not a good idea.

According to HLN:
“Thursday’s proceedings will be run similarly to Wednesday’s aggravation phase. It will be a like a miniature trial, with some slight differences.
The defense will go first when it comes to opening statements, and the defense will also get the last word with a rebuttal closing argument.
The sentencing phase is the defense’s opportunity to ask the jury for leniency and present evidence supporting why Arias should be spared from the death penalty. Witnesses may include Arias’ friends and family. Arias could also make a statement to the jury pleading for her life to be spared.
Alexander’s family members may take the stand for the prosecution to give victim impact statements. The family’s statements will likely be emotional as they describe their loss.
After closing arguments, the jury then deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.”

Reccomend for a 'start of thread sticky'
Many thanks Phantom!!!

I had to miss today. :( Anybody have a link to a video where today's verdict was read?
Do you mean the "verdict" of "especially cruel"?
Today was the aggravation phase, and all the jurors voted her crime was "especially cruel" which makes her DP eligible.
Tomorrow is the mitigation phase - then the jurors will deliberate her sentence.

Sorry, I don't have a link, but (spoiler alert) the defendant had absolutely zero reaction.

I've never had one. Are they good?

Yes. And also very, very bad.

Maybe not so much when one is twenty. But when one is forty(mumble mumble), the greasiness is much more, urm, evident, let's say.

Truly, they are a guilty pleasure. But when you have no willpower (like me) the pleasure overrides the guilt.

Of course that being my basic life philosophy netted me Mr. Knot, so, you know.......

I hope so much she gets the DP.

The ONLY
] way I would vote to spare her life is if Jesus Christ Himself walked through those doors and pleaded to give her mercy.
:jail::stormingmad::jail::stormingmad:
She's worse then CA. (I think?)
:moo:

So how is this going down tomorrow...

Will it be like...
"Hi my name is Donavan Bering, and I love jodi arias. She has taught me jail time is easier when you make new friends that can draw and sing..."

And then Juan will be like,
No that was an arsonist that has been running Jodi's crazy twitter posts.

Or will just anyone be able to get up there to tell crazy miracle stories like jaa used to come to the hospice and heal the sick and dying without providing any proof that they are truthful, or even an upstanding citizen.

So, now is it the penalty phase?

Yes; jurors will weigh the evidence presented on behalf of the lying torture-murderess in the Mitigation hearing against that presented on behalf of the victim, AND against the Aggravating factor of "Especially Cruel" which they unanimously found today, making even more heinous the premeditated first degree murder for which they previously returned a guilty verdict against her.

The deck is clearly stacked against her dodging the needle at this point.

One of THE MOST memorable 3 minutes of this entire trial, picture this.

Me, sequestered in the handicapped stall of the ladies room outside the courtroom, waiting for the verdict today, playing this on my iphone LOUD and holding myself a little dance party all by myself. Only one person came in that I could tell toward the end.

I danced all by myself in there for the entire song, occasionally my dance moves setting off the automatic flush.

Thanks to our dear poster jayarohh for this brilliant piece of ...what, well, brilliance.

Trust me, just listen:

https://soundcloud.com/jodi-mind-tricks/the-verdict-its-not-her-fault

(ps jayarohh is the poster who made that brilliant graphic I was able to gift Juan Martinez the day of the final closing argument, in person!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh