aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just woke up. What happened to the juror who was supposed to be on Dr Drew? Thanks.

Vhat the . . .? I momentarily leave this place to cook dinner and I novv see on the last thread a kerfuffle about VViccans and that certain letter I can't type. Seriously, vvhat happened??

No kerfuffles.... :) .... ve vere just talking about vhy calling someone a "vitch" could be taken as a slur to those that might practice Viccan or alternative religion. Ve vere very civalized. :highfive:

You realize that you can never get a new keyboard right?? :floorlaugh:

:scared: According to the facebook page "Def. counsel advises they will be calling Alyce LaViolette at the mitigation phase of the trial"

Is that according to the court docs from May of 2012? I know there's been some confusion bc of the dates.

Just finishing up listening to Juror number 8 on Dr. Drew. When he said that he felt that he let the Alexander family down, I lost it, and am still wiping tears away. Sir, you messed up. Drinking and driving is NEVER okay. But, your words touched my heart, and the whole interview showed you to be a juror who took their job seriously, and one who was able to see through the nastiness of this murderer's "defense". Bless you, Juror number 8, and thank you for serving, and I hope that you are able to receive some counseling and support for any issues you may still be struggling with.

(I love the fact that he was the author of the snarkier notes. It fits, somehow. He would fit right in here, ya know?)

Is mom (Sandy) expected to take the stand? We've barely heard a peep out of her.

Will she plead for her daughter's life? Jodi does not have a prior criminal record. Is this a factor?

If Mom now tries to protect her child from death because of the cruel nature that JA killed Travis, it would be completely false. As far as the jurors know, Mom was not a part of her life since JA left the family when JA was a soph in HS. JA left her Mom and Dad and moved in with Bobby Juarez.....

If Donovan tries to testify on the convicted killers behalf, can her criminal history be used? Hope this is ok to post...mods, please delete if not. Now, I know why Donovan has hooked herself up to JA's money train..restitution is almost $200,000.

FYI - convicted felons are not allowed contact with other convicted felons, even though it's not in the order.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052009/m3729839.pdf

:scared: According to the facebook page "Def. counsel advises they will be calling Alyce LaViolette at the mitigation phase of the trial"

Are you kidding me??

Sure death sentence for her.

How do I download "The Verdict (It's Not Her Fault)"?

I don't have a device compatible with SoundCloud- I don't think.

Yesh, a while back on her eBay account I saw she ordered the complete Bible on CD's.

She went from vampire-wanna-be Buddhist-wanna-be Mormon, now to Christian.

Oh my how can she order on ebay.

Yesh, a while back on her eBay account I saw she ordered the complete Bible on CD's.

She shouldn't need to pay for those CD's because someone is going to throw a Bible at her! :floorlaugh:

Watching Croakerqueen's Aggrivation Phase part 2...so darn annoying how DT kept interrupting and stating speculation during JM's questioning of Dr. Horn. "Was he alive when he was stabbed in <insert place>?" "Objection speculation." "Overruled." "Was he alive when he was stabbed <insert place>?" "Objection speculation." "Overruled." OVER AND OVER AND OVER. And those stupid "approaches." Good lord.

How do I download "The Verdict (It's Not Her Fault)"?

I don't have a device compatible with SoundCloud- I don't think.

KCL posted it on the last page of the Observers thread. I just went to the site, hit on JA name and then hit the play button. Worked on my IPad.

This is my first posts so please be kind!

Mid February: I was recuperating from disk fusion surgery. Lying in a recliner, drugged to the gills, wasn’t able to do much but watch TV. Flipping through channels, and there she was, testifying (on Tru TV, which friggin’ disappeared on me two days later -- grrr). Juan Martinez hammered at her. Her responses were so ... flat and odd. The predominant emotion I read was defiance. Whoa, I thought. Sociopath.

Then I remembered who she was. Had seen the 48 Hours segment when it first aired. Read a couple of articles about the case, and then forgotten about it as the years passed.

Came to Websleuths to catch up on the earlier testimony -- and been a constant lurker ever since. I’d been here before, haunted by missing persons cases, especially missing children. Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Lisa Irwin. I would read here, always hoping for a “breaking news” post, hoping for a miracle.

Below is MOO [When I first came here, I couldn’t understand why people were lowing all the time. I figured it out, though ;) ]

* Travis did not abuse Jodi. Travis was NOT a pedophile. She murdered him in body, then tried to murder his reputation and memory. There was no question about “who,” so “why” and “how” ran the show.

* We only have Jodi’s word for the frequency / number of times she and Travis had sex. Drives me crazy when the talking heads cite Jodi’s versions of events as if they were fact. Some sexy emails and texts; the sex recoding**; some nude photos. Actual sexual contacts and their frequency? We only have her word for it (going by the evidence that has been publicly released). Did they have sexual contact the night he baptized her? Jodi says so. Without supporting evidence, though, it’s equally likely she had sex with two ninjas. With Jodi Arias, pictures or it didn’t happen.

** MOO, Jodi set up the sex recording to use against Travis at some future point; she introduced the twelve-year-old girl scenario (before beginning the recording) by saying it was her fantasy, and he obliged her supposed kink. Travis didn’t know he was being recorded. The recording had something to do with the May 26 blow-out. He finally realized just how deep her sickness runs.

* Something Is Really Wrong with Jodi. TV-pundit psychological experts aside, the parents’ interviews with DF convince me that the woman is bent, and has been for years. Dad said she is a strange person. [Lulz. I wrote “very strange,” and then I heard Juan Martinez’s voice: “Did the tape say ‘very strange’? Yes or no?” Gulp. No. No, it didn’t.]

Two things in DF’s interrogation of Sandra Arias jumped out at me. DF asks, “Did you have any suspicion at all that she had anything to do with his death?” SA says, “I asked her. I asked her. It’s the first thing I asked her. [my emphasis] ... And then when he died, she -- she didn’t call me either. She called my daughter and just told me in tears.... [my emphasis]” (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/03/ijvm.01.html)

1) Mom knows something about Jodi that leads her to easily believe Jodi is capable of murder; and 2) SA said, “She called my daughter...” Not “She called my other daughter”; not “She called her sister.” Subconsciously anyway, SA has only one daughter. The normal one, the one she wouldn’t automatically suspect of murder.

Contrary to the THs, IMO Jodi’s problems stem from childhood. There’s a secret history out there. What Jodi wrote in her diary about Travis -- “There’s something off about that boy” -- sounds like something she overheard her parents saying about her. She takes someone else’s genuine feelings and tailors them to shore up her make-believe world. The diaries read like something a twelve-year-old would write to fool the parents. Superficial, surface. Nowhere in them does she express her real thoughts.

Three months after I got pulled in, the trial goes on, post most-excellent verdict. JA is completely unrepentant. No grief or remorse for Travis, the man she supposedly adored.

IMO, the interview after the murder one verdict was her fallback plan. (If she got a lesser charge, she would keep her mouth shut, bide her time, and hope for a light sentence.) Facing the death penalty, though, she’s compelled to do what she does best -- look out for Jodi.

The interview took focus from the Alexander family and placed it firmly back on the “world’s most interesting woman” [in her own mind]. Second, she planted the “suicide” seed that got her a trip to the psych ward and delayed the mitigation phase of the trial for a week. She forced the Alexander family to wait yet another week before they can call her out to her face. In some circles it’s known as “topping from the bottom” -- and Jodi’s a pro. (Google that phrase at your own risk.)

I hope the psych ward was a very unpleasant experience. I hope that after a few days of unrelenting scrutiny and oversight, Travis’s murderer understands that she now belongs to the Arizona penal system. I hope the Twitter account disappears for good. I hope she is sued for copyright infringement for selling copyrighted material as original artwork. I hope Jodi Arias disappears into a deep hole and is never heard from again. That would be worse than death to her. I hope the psych/relationship experts who abetted her efforts to destroy the character of a good man are haunted by their actions. I hope the Alexander family can grow past this in the years to come. My thoughts are with them.

Wonder what she will do with those...she can't have those in prison. Or even jail. Interesting. Paper is much less able to harm...unless of course someone chucks it at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member