aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just finished up the Dr. Drew show, but hoping they replay it soon. Nobody that has been invested in this trial should miss that interview :moo:

I want to give the man a hug, for serious.

Yes, me too. I know this is a silly question but I'd love to ask him if he noticed how low Jodi's chair was and did he feel it was a ploy by the defense to manipulate the jurors? I'd also like to know what he thought about the crooked finger demo with Jodi draping her arm around JW.

Yes, me too. I know this is a silly question but I'd love to ask him if he noticed how low Jodi's chair was and did he feel it was a ploy by the defense to manipulate the jurors? I'd also like to know what he thought about the crooked finger demo with Jodi draping her arm around JW.

Lol...and I thought today her chair seemed extra short! She looked soooo funny sitting next to JW...like one of those cartoon characters.

Happy, Happy Birthday Elle Elle- hope you get whatever it is you are wishing for (wink wink)!

(I love the fact that he was the author of the snarkier notes. It fits, somehow. He would fit right in here, ya know?)
SBM

I think he would end up in TO pretty quickly, repeatedly :floorlaugh:

I was thinking the same thing. She thinks what she did was totally justified, that he deserved it. She thinks she is right, and she's proud that she "won", that she "beat him". How she could ever offer a sincere or half way believable apology for what she did, impossible. I would never believe it and doubt the jury will either. She's a cold blooded killer and doesn't think or feel like the rest of us, it's not within her capacity.

BBM
I think FJA will want to take the stand to continue her spite work but whether she's figured out it's not in her best interest remains to be seen. I'd be astounded to hear her say she was sorry, though I think she might say sorry instead. I'm sorry means I am sorry for something I did or said, while the word sorry alone is just an insincere sop.

ok rewatching Dr. Horn...just for giggles. Did I just hear JW say "Objection, beyond the scope" when JM asked the dr "If a person is alive, can they hear?" I am pretty sure I did....
I KNOW I heard it when he showed the pic of the sink and asked the dr if that was a sink. Really...does he have to be a plumber to know what a sink looks like?!
Ahh yes I did love the looks on his face when DT was overruled over and over.

They just finished up the Dr. Drew show, but hoping they replay it soon. Nobody that has been invested in this trial should miss that interview :moo:

I want to give the man a hug, for serious.

I watched a bit of Dr. Drew this eve. When the conversation devolved into a discussion of the 3 drug method for the death penalty-- I had to shut it off. You see, Arizona is a "one drug" state. For all of the dramatic showing of the Pavulon bottle, and discussion of the "paralysis and heart stopping" from the potassium, and the initial commentary by his experts-- all of it was WRONG as applied to the state of Arizona. AZ DOES NOT use a 3 drug protocol-- and if I could find that out in about 30 sec of google search, then please explain WHY all of the people who work for HLN couldn't figure this out.

www.azcorrections.gov/Policies/700/0710.pdf

33 pages. Very interesting reading! AZ allows EITHER sodium pentothal OR pentobarbital (Nembutal) as their "one drug" protocol for judicial execution.

:toast::cake4u::loveyou:Happy Birthday Elle Elle! Hope you have a wonderful, sparkly day full of love, good food and a few supersized servings of JM in action today! :)

They need to keep her off the witness stand. Otherwise, they need to bring some marshmallows, Hershey bars, graham crackers and skewers so that when her pants burst into flames, the whole courtroom can make s'mores.

images

I think they'll probably have other witnesses on and then her at the end...I don't know. I'm just scared of how long the defense is gonna drag out this mitigation. Jean C said she saw Jodi ordering Nurmi and Wilmott around after court today, talking about their plan for mitigation phase, Jean was assuming. Jodi's orchestrating the whole thing, so who knows what kind of shenanigans we'll see from their side.

Oh it's a terrible idea .. bringing in friends that have such a loose connection is a bad look .. especially a fellow prisoner .. it's like lighting up a neon sign above Arias' head that says:

I HAVE NO FRIENDS.

Agreed, but who else can they call? She murdered her last good friend.
icon8.gif

This is my first posts so please be kind!

Mid February: I was recuperating from disk fusion surgery. Lying in a recliner, drugged to the gills, wasn’t able to do much but watch TV. Flipping through channels, and there she was, testifying (on Tru TV, which friggin’ disappeared on me two days later -- grrr). Juan Martinez hammered at her. Her responses were so ... flat and odd. The predominant emotion I read was defiance. Whoa, I thought. Sociopath.

Then I remembered who she was. Had seen the 48 Hours segment when it first aired. Read a couple of articles about the case, and then forgotten about it as the years passed.

Came to Websleuths to catch up on the earlier testimony -- and been a constant lurker ever since. I’d been here before, haunted by missing persons cases, especially missing children. Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Lisa Irwin. I would read here, always hoping for a “breaking news” post, hoping for a miracle.

Below is MOO [When I first came here, I couldn’t understand why people were lowing all the time. I figured it out, though ;) ]

* Travis did not abuse Jodi. Travis was NOT a pedophile. She murdered him in body, then tried to murder his reputation and memory. There was no question about “who,” so “why” and “how” ran the show.

* We only have Jodi’s word for the frequency / number of times she and Travis had sex. Drives me crazy when the talking heads cite Jodi’s versions of events as if they were fact. Some sexy emails and texts; the sex recoding**; some nude photos. Actual sexual contacts and their frequency? We only have her word for it (going by the evidence that has been publicly released). Did they have sexual contact the night he baptized her? Jodi says so. Without supporting evidence, though, it’s equally likely she had sex with two ninjas. With Jodi Arias, pictures or it didn’t happen.

** MOO, Jodi set up the sex recording to use against Travis at some future point; she introduced the twelve-year-old girl scenario (before beginning the recording) by saying it was her fantasy, and he obliged her supposed kink. Travis didn’t know he was being recorded. The recording had something to do with the May 26 blow-out. He finally realized just how deep her sickness runs.

* Something Is Really Wrong with Jodi. TV-pundit psychological experts aside, the parents’ interviews with DF convince me that the woman is bent, and has been for years. Dad said she is a strange person. [Lulz. I wrote “very strange,” and then I heard Juan Martinez’s voice: “Did the tape say ‘very strange’? Yes or no?” Gulp. No. No, it didn’t.]

Two things in DF’s interrogation of Sandra Arias jumped out at me. DF asks, “Did you have any suspicion at all that she had anything to do with his death?” SA says, “I asked her. I asked her. It’s the first thing I asked her. [my emphasis] ... And then when he died, she -- she didn’t call me either. She called my daughter and just told me in tears.... [my emphasis]” (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/03/ijvm.01.html)

1) Mom knows something about Jodi that leads her to easily believe Jodi is capable of murder; and 2) SA said, “She called my daughter...” Not “She called my other daughter”; not “She called her sister.” Subconsciously anyway, SA has only one daughter. The normal one, the one she wouldn’t automatically suspect of murder.

Contrary to the THs, IMO Jodi’s problems stem from childhood. There’s a secret history out there. What Jodi wrote in her diary about Travis -- “There’s something off about that boy” -- sounds like something she overheard her parents saying about her. She takes someone else’s genuine feelings and tailors them to shore up her make-believe world. The diaries read like something a twelve-year-old would write to fool the parents. Superficial, surface. Nowhere in them does she express her real thoughts.

Three months after I got pulled in, the trial goes on, post most-excellent verdict. JA is completely unrepentant. No grief or remorse for Travis, the man she supposedly adored.

IMO, the interview after the murder one verdict was her fallback plan. (If she got a lesser charge, she would keep her mouth shut, bide her time, and hope for a light sentence.) Facing the death penalty, though, she’s compelled to do what she does best -- look out for Jodi.

The interview took focus from the Alexander family and placed it firmly back on the “world’s most interesting woman” [in her own mind]. Second, she planted the “suicide” seed that got her a trip to the psych ward and delayed the mitigation phase of the trial for a week. She forced the Alexander family to wait yet another week before they can call her out to her face. In some circles it’s known as “topping from the bottom” -- and Jodi’s a pro. (Google that phrase at your own risk.)

I hope the psych ward was a very unpleasant experience. I hope that after a few days of unrelenting scrutiny and oversight, Travis’s murderer understands that she now belongs to the Arizona penal system. I hope the Twitter account disappears for good. I hope she is sued for copyright infringement for selling copyrighted material as original artwork. I hope Jodi Arias disappears into a deep hole and is never heard from again. That would be worse than death to her. I hope the psych/relationship experts who abetted her efforts to destroy the character of a good man are haunted by their actions. I hope the Alexander family can grow past this in the years to come. My thoughts are with them.

Most EXCELLENT first post!
:welcome6:

:rocker:

All I want for my birthday is the DP for Jodi Ann Arias.

I love you guys :heartbeat:, ever since i've joined WS in February, it's been quite the ride and a learning experience.

:hug:

:bdsurprise::bdscroll::bdsong:
:bdscroll:

I Loved your post. It was EXCELLENT !!!!!!!:winner:
:welcome4:

Soulsad:juanettes::juanettes:

This is my first posts so please be kind!

Mid February: I was recuperating from disk fusion surgery. Lying in a recliner, drugged to the gills, wasn’t able to do much but watch TV. Flipping through channels, and there she was, testifying (on Tru TV, which friggin’ disappeared on me two days later -- grrr). Juan Martinez hammered at her. Her responses were so ... flat and odd. The predominant emotion I read was defiance. Whoa, I thought. Sociopath.

Then I remembered who she was. Had seen the 48 Hours segment when it first aired. Read a couple of articles about the case, and then forgotten about it as the years passed.

Came to Websleuths to catch up on the earlier testimony -- and been a constant lurker ever since. I’d been here before, haunted by missing persons cases, especially missing children. Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Lisa Irwin. I would read here, always hoping for a “breaking news” post, hoping for a miracle.

Below is MOO [When I first came here, I couldn’t understand why people were lowing all the time. I figured it out, though ;) ]

* Travis did not abuse Jodi. Travis was NOT a pedophile. She murdered him in body, then tried to murder his reputation and memory. There was no question about “who,” so “why” and “how” ran the show.

* We only have Jodi’s word for the frequency / number of times she and Travis had sex. Drives me crazy when the talking heads cite Jodi’s versions of events as if they were fact. Some sexy emails and texts; the sex recoding**; some nude photos. Actual sexual contacts and their frequency? We only have her word for it (going by the evidence that has been publicly released). Did they have sexual contact the night he baptized her? Jodi says so. Without supporting evidence, though, it’s equally likely she had sex with two ninjas. With Jodi Arias, pictures or it didn’t happen.

** MOO, Jodi set up the sex recording to use against Travis at some future point; she introduced the twelve-year-old girl scenario (before beginning the recording) by saying it was her fantasy, and he obliged her supposed kink. Travis didn’t know he was being recorded. The recording had something to do with the May 26 blow-out. He finally realized just how deep her sickness runs.

* Something Is Really Wrong with Jodi. TV-pundit psychological experts aside, the parents’ interviews with DF convince me that the woman is bent, and has been for years. Dad said she is a strange person. [Lulz. I wrote “very strange,” and then I heard Juan Martinez’s voice: “Did the tape say ‘very strange’? Yes or no?” Gulp. No. No, it didn’t.]

Two things in DF’s interrogation of Sandra Arias jumped out at me. DF asks, “Did you have any suspicion at all that she had anything to do with his death?” SA says, “I asked her. I asked her. It’s the first thing I asked her. [my emphasis] ... And then when he died, she -- she didn’t call me either. She called my daughter and just told me in tears.... [my emphasis]” (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/03/ijvm.01.html)

1) Mom knows something about Jodi that leads her to easily believe Jodi is capable of murder; and 2) SA said, “She called my daughter...” Not “She called my other daughter”; not “She called her sister.” Subconsciously anyway, SA has only one daughter. The normal one, the one she wouldn’t automatically suspect of murder.

Contrary to the THs, IMO Jodi’s problems stem from childhood. There’s a secret history out there. What Jodi wrote in her diary about Travis -- “There’s something off about that boy” -- sounds like something she overheard her parents saying about her. She takes someone else’s genuine feelings and tailors them to shore up her make-believe world. The diaries read like something a twelve-year-old would write to fool the parents. Superficial, surface. Nowhere in them does she express her real thoughts.

Three months after I got pulled in, the trial goes on, post most-excellent verdict. JA is completely unrepentant. No grief or remorse for Travis, the man she supposedly adored.

IMO, the interview after the murder one verdict was her fallback plan. (If she got a lesser charge, she would keep her mouth shut, bide her time, and hope for a light sentence.) Facing the death penalty, though, she’s compelled to do what she does best -- look out for Jodi.

The interview took focus from the Alexander family and placed it firmly back on the “world’s most interesting woman” [in her own mind]. Second, she planted the “suicide” seed that got her a trip to the psych ward and delayed the mitigation phase of the trial for a week. She forced the Alexander family to wait yet another week before they can call her out to her face. In some circles it’s known as “topping from the bottom” -- and Jodi’s a pro. (Google that phrase at your own risk.)

I hope the psych ward was a very unpleasant experience. I hope that after a few days of unrelenting scrutiny and oversight, Travis’s murderer understands that she now belongs to the Arizona penal system. I hope the Twitter account disappears for good. I hope she is sued for copyright infringement for selling copyrighted material as original artwork. I hope Jodi Arias disappears into a deep hole and is never heard from again. That would be worse than death to her. I hope the psych/relationship experts who abetted her efforts to destroy the character of a good man are haunted by their actions. I hope the Alexander family can grow past this in the years to come. My thoughts are with them.

Lol...and I thought today her chair seemed extra short! She looked soooo funny sitting next to JW...like one of those cartoon characters.

Yes it was pathetic how small she tried to appear today. Epic fail.

:Happybirthday: ElleElle! Good luck on that test too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak