aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. JA didn't suddenly become what she is today overnight. She was a very long work in progress, unfettered, enabled by the adults around her as a child.

What strikes me is her father appears to have washed his hands of her, even in his police interrogation interview he never refers to JA as his daughter. When referring to JA's sister, he says "my daughter". Most parents would have said "my OTHER daughter". That indicates to me that he washed his hands of JA a very long time ago. All this talk about his being "too sick" to attend trial etc is IMO hogwash. He wants nothing to do with her (can't blame him at this point). I wonder when he backed away from JA for good? IMO it was long before she slaughtered TA.

I agree. It does appear her father has washed his hands of her. However, he is on dialysis which would makes it impossible for him to be there on a daily basis. I would imagine this is why we do not see the rest of her family there at this time. It is just too far to travel for 1 or 2 days.

As I understand their statements have been written and reviewed so they are going to be reading from written statements.

So there might be a chance Jodi has already read what they are planning to say?
ETA: nevermind Katiecoolady, I just read this in the minute entries. :)
Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Request that Victim Impact Evidence be Presented via Videotape.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Request for reasons stated on the record.
Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Motion for Discovery of Victim Impact Evidence.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
Discussion is held on Counsel for the Defendant’s Motion to Withdraw.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
10:59 a.m. Status Conference concludes.

finally looking forward to getting this show on the road today,so jodi can get what she deserves.

i am also looking forward to hearing from the family,how wonderful travis was etc but it will be truly bittersweet. i know for one i will be sobbing so hard.

if jodi does speak for herself i may just lose it we all know she isn't going to utter a word of truth or concerning anyone what herself!

If that's true, that's good enough. JA in solitary for the rest of her miserable depraved life is beneficial to the rest of society.

I don't think it's true. The AZ prison website says that inmates serving life are initially classified as "maximum custody" and remain so until they've served two years. After that, they're evaluated re the harm they're likely to cause others and are eligible to be downgraded to "close custody". After serving 5 yrs., they're eligible for "medium custody". The lower the level the more privileges/fewer restrictions. Currently, lifers can't get lower than medium custody, so unless the prison site is wrong they certainly aren't living alone in a cell 23 hrs. a day for the rest of their lives unless they're dangerous or chronic rule-breakers.

A max security inmate at that. How desperate.

Wait .. so this person is still incarcerated? Are they seriously going to bring someone in from the prison to testify on her behalf .. in stripes? Does Jodi owe someone a favour and has offered a day in court as a reward for something. This is nutty, I hope it doesn't happen, I can't see it doing any good anyway.

I have zero, ZERO, sympathy for her parents and other family. They and they alone raised the monster known as JA today.

Don't know if you are a parent, but I raised 3 kids and I'm hear to tell you it's a crap shoot. It's a combination of nature and nurture. Nurture can modify but not overcome a kid's basic nature, not unless the kid agrees to change.

I have one child who from a very young age decided that he didn't have to listen or do anything he didn't want to. We had him in and out of counseling since the age of 3 -- that's not a typo. By the time he was three we knew we had a very serious problem on our hands. Little did we know it would only get worse.

Here's the sad but very true reality of parenting a child. The only power a parent has over their child is the power the child allows them to have.

Once they decide not to listen there is not a whole lot you can do. You can't actually force them to go to school short of chaining them to a desk, which you can't do. You can't force them to do homework or housework for that matter. You can't force them to be honest or loving or caring.

We were hauled ad infinitum into school and threatened because he kept cutting classes. He stole our cars and wrecked them. We reported him to the police, but they refused to file charges.

Our whole family was hostage to his behavior. We were helpless and we had to house, feed and clothe him until he was 18. He always manged to never get caught crossing the line. The law said we were responsible for his actions, but we had no tools to make him listen or follow the rules.

When I watched her parents' interviews, I saw two people who had decades of trying to help their daughter and realized the futility of it. My heart went out to them.

It's really easy to sit and blame the family but the fact that her parents called the cops told me they had been trying for years to get her under control. Hence their desperation of turning their own child in.

You can't force a child to accept help. My son sat in therapy week after week for years on end refusing to participate. We tried individual, family, group sessions. We tried MFCC's, psychologists, shrinks. We tried meds (which he refused to take). We tried and tried and tried. And he just said "You can't make me" and did whatever he wanted.

I haven't seen my son in years. I love him, I worry about him, but I know full well what he is and I know that we tried to "fix" him and "failed". I been waiting for the call from the police since he was a pre-teen. It hasn't come yet and I pray it never will but if it does I won't be shocked and I know we will be blamed.

CMJA didn't happen overnight, but that doesn't mean her parents made her. It could just mean they couldn't "unmake" here.

Wait .. so this person is still incarcerated? Are they seriously going to bring someone in from the prison to testify on her behalf .. in stripes? Does Jodi owe someone a favour and has offered a day in court as a reward for something. This is nutty, I hope it doesn't happen, I can't see it doing any good anyway.

Baez brought in prison guards to testify during the case in chief to say what a model prisoner CA was. Disgusted me then.

Now KN hauls out an inmate well this is :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:.

A day at the beach for someone to willing to spit out lies for JA....ok no beach in AZ...but a bus ride.

It's pretty darn difficult to get a child into therapy if they don't want to go. Once they get bigger and taller than you, your chances are slim. I refuse to blame her parents...because I doubt JA would EVER go to therapy if her parents suggested it. Heck, it may be the reason she left home.

I think this is very likely true .. JA was very difficult to manage, we have heard of growing pot on the roof, punching holes in walls, kicking her mother, kicking the dog, etc .. there is likely more. Clearly JA was incredibly difficult to manage as a kid, let's face it .. she still is.

"Discussion is held on Counsel for the Defendant’s Motion to Withdraw.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion"

So, is this Nurmi or Willmott requesting to be REMOVED at CMJA's Counsel???
This appears that way, doesn't it?

CKJA will not ask for forgiveness. So, I won't be holding my breath. Judging by her two newest tweets from yesterday, that were posted not long after she got back to jail, it is all our fault and we are the ones that need forgiveness. It's not her fault, according to CKJA.

Missed the tweets. What did she say?

LOL,,this is very petty but did anyone notice her at attention boob job yesterday when she stood up? That clingy blouse stayed where they did. Like a rock.

SO technically the jury has already chosen DEATH for Jodi Arias and now the defense team will try to convince them there is something there worth saving. Goodluck with that.

CMJA will get up on that stand and spew her venomous, spite laced diatribe blaming everyone and anyone that she has ever come in contact with in her miserable life. As far as feeling bad for her parents, I have NO sympathy for them whatsoever. I am a Mom of 3 kids, our Daughter is a Junior at Indiana University; she is 21, our next son just turned 17 a few days ago and then we have our youngest and he is 15. Our 17 year old son had some behavioral issues a few years ago and we were at our wits end and we got him help. We took him to counseling, therapy and now he is on Vyvanse for concentration and he went from failing in school and not being participatory in any school events, sports, etc. to now making the Honor Roll and being recruited by Division I Colleges for Football. Trust me when I say that our family is just LIKE Dan and Roseanne Connor! We are crazy, loud, unruly and by most standards our poor kids shouldn't be successful! But we love just as hard as we fight and just as loudly as we yell at each other sometimes! We took the time to get our son the help he needed, unlike the Arias parents who thought it was just easier to let her go because then they didn't have to deal with her anymore, let society do their job as parents and we all see how that turned out. Arias has been a cyclone of disruption and pain to every single person she has eve some in contact with in her life. Her parents were her Shepard's in this life, it was THEIR JOB to raise her, to give her the morals she needed and social etiquette to which one carries themselves and they FAILED. Now Travis had to pay for that failure with his LIFE and so does his poor family and friends. So Arias's parents and family are just as GUILTY as she is for this heinous crime. No pity for them at all.

IIIRC someone had mentioned that the judge will normally address the defendant at the end of the trial, in open court. Can anyone confirm that? I would love to hear what JSS has to say. Hearing her read the jury questions, such as "....why should we believe you now?", with her tone of voice it was like she was asking for herself.

CKJA will not ask for forgiveness. So, I won't be holding my breath. Judging by her two newest tweets from yesterday, that were posted not long after she got back to jail, it is all our fault and we are the ones that need forgiveness. It's not her fault, according to CKJA.

I agree. She will never ever apologize and it has nothing to do with future appeals. Her post-verdict interview is all the proof anyone needs of that. I bet she hates the fact that she had to keep her mouth shut and face off cameras yesterday. Lots of the attention was paid to Travis and his family last night, as it should be and should have been last Wednesday after the verdict, but you can bet she hated it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah