Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about really, truly wanting to find her, but I can tell you with certainty that it isn't easy once your forwarding address has expired. State databases don't talk to other state databases, so since she moved out of state, finding her would have been pretty difficult, especially 11 years ago. It's not like Ohio can see a Texas (or any other state) driver's license database or car registration database.

I'm not saying LE acted responsibly in any way, just that it's not always that easy to find someone when they move.

Cleveland police policy was not followed before they removed michelle's name from NCIC 15 months into the investigation. Barbara lived at her same house in Cleveland until 2011 when she moved to florida. Written policy states the police visit the house and barbara lived there until 2011 when her family members lived there after she moved.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/michelle_knight_held_captive_f.html

from link ==> Cleveland police department's written policy on investigating missing adults... states that an officer must go and see that a missing person has been found, then inform the FBI within two hours for removal from the National Crime Information Center database.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...d-from-the-hospital-and-family-wasnt-notified

from link ==> 15 months into the investigation Cleveland police removed Knight’s name from the FBI database of missing people. Police said this is protocol because they could not reach Knight’s mother by phone to confirm she was still unaccounted for.

“Barbara says nobody contacted her back then. She lived in the same house for years. When she left (for Florida), (Barbara and Michelle's) family still lived there. She (Barbara) would be easy to find. They’re the Cleveland police.

Ariel Castro's jailed daughter reveals she went to school with kidnap victim Amanda Berry

Ariel Castro's daughter who is in an Indiana prison for slashing her baby's throat has revealed that she went to school with Amanda Berry - meaning Castro used his daughters to get to know two of the three women he allegedly held captive in his house for ten years.

Emily Castro spoke out for the first time in a jailhouse interview with a private investigator on Monday. She is the last of Castro's children to condemn his alleged crimes of kidnapping, raping and beating Amanda, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

Also on Monday, a female officer who first broke down the door of Castro's home on Seymour Avenue in Cleveland after Amanda broke herself out last week revealed that Michelle clutched onto her and begged her not to let go when she was rescued.

Emily Castro, 25, told private investigator Chris Giannini that she knew both Gina and Amanda before they were kidnapped, according to recordings of the interviews broadcast by Fox 8 TV in Cleveland.
Concerning her relationship with Amanda, Emily Castro said: 'I went to Wilbur Wright (Elementary School in Cleveland) with her. I seen Gina a couple times.

'It couldn't be coincidence.'
Emily Castro's younger sister Arlene says she was best friends with Gina when she was taken off a busy Cleveland street in 2004.

Anthony Castro, Ariel's son, told MailOnline last week that he fears his father targeted Gina, then 14, because of her relationship with Arlene.

According to reports, Emily Castro was in the car with her father moments before Amanda was abducted in 2003. 'It hurts so bad. I feel so used. I feel like I'm nothing to him. I'm nothing anymore,' she said.

She said her father was a master at keeping secrets, even from his own daughter. When she came to visit him after the girls were abducted, he made subtle excuses to keep her away from his captives. 'The upstairs was blocked off with the big bass speaker, so I figured that since he lived there alone so long that he didn't have any need for those four bedrooms upstairs,' she said. When she asked to sleep in her old bedroom, he told her no. He said: 'It's cold up there, it's blocked off, it's dusty,' according to Emily.

Emily's Grimilda mother moved her and her three siblings out of the house in 1996 after Grimilda endured years of brutal beatings and savage control of her life.

Emily, like her sisters and her brother before her, condemned her father for his actions. 'He's a monster. Seeing the guy that hugged us and misled with us and took us to eat and cared about us supposedly, that he is the guy that is in handcuffs...' she said. Emily Castro is serving 25 years in an Indiana prison for slashing her 11-month-old daughter's throat in 2007. The child survived and Castro told a judge she was mentally ill and did not know what she was doing when she attacked her child.

Also on Monday, female Cleveland police officer Barbara Johnson told of how she was one of the first officers to enter the house where the three women were kept in chains for a decade. 'Michelle hugged me first, then clutched me and said, "Don't let me go,"' she said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
'You can't really describe how I felt...it rips the heart out of my chest.'
Another officer said he felt a sense of evil in the house when he entered it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-went-school-kidnap-victim-Amanda-Berry.html

____

Strange that Emily says she was in the car with Castro moments before Amanda was abducted and this week Gina told investigators that Arlene was in her fathers car moments before SHE was abducted. How he was never questioned is beyond me!

I do find it totally amazing that so many people seem to take what is written in the media as TRUTH...?????. Without questioning what is written or said..... or any real "evidence" to back up a statement.....

Using a piece of journalism as "evidence" to validate a point... In my opinion is fraught with danger....
Journalists are known to sensationalise, gloss, fabricate... Etc..... to put a biased opinion to the public... Especially when it comes to scrutinizing a public service like the Police or Health or whatever.... I have learned not take every article at face value....

I am in no way saying that I don't believe what has happened to these 3 ladies.... I am just saying that I don't believe everything in the media, re aspects of the case and the history etc, are the actual Truth... The WHOLE TRUTH....

Just my opinion....

Wonder if anyone else's intuition gave them this feeling while in that house?
Intuition is usually right in my opinion.

Basements stay reasonably cool in the summer as well.

That's true. When I was very young, we lived in a house built in the 1940s with no air conditioning. When it got hot in the summers, we'd sleep in the basement and it was cool down there.

Wonder if anyone else's intuition gave them this feeling while in that house?
Intuition is usually right in my opinion.

I believe in Intuition. At least for me, mine has served me well though out my life. jmo

BBM vision problems too, on top of the hearing problems? :cry: I so hope there's something they can do to help these girls medically in addition to psychologically.
I'm betting this is yet another inaccuracy in the articles we read. They likely meant hearing loss. There's another post on here recently addressing the errors we are reading about in the media. I think the most accurate ones come from the more notable places like ABC, etc. These foreign or less well know sources seem to have more information, but some of it false, getting the players names mixed up, etc. I remember on article/video saying that the one lady in a wheelchair was Michele's great aunt and another saying it was her grandmother. I think the latter is true, but I'm still not sure.

____

Strange that Emily says she was in the car with Castro moments before Amanda was abducted and this week Gina told investigators that Arlene was in her fathers car moments before SHE was abducted. How he was never questioned is beyond me!

Because Arlene didn't tell the police about that. Was Emily questioned? I don't recall hearing she was last to see Amanda.

Because Arlene didn't tell the police about that. Was Emily questioned? I don't recall hearing she was last to see Amanda.

She was questioned, but all we have now is "reports say" she was with Castro before Berry was kidnapped.

Emily Castro, 25, told private investigator Chris Giannini that she knew both Gina and Amanda before they were kidnapped, according to recordings of the interviews broadcast by Fox 8 TV in Cleveland. Concerning her relationship with Amanda, Emily Castro said: 'I went to Wilbur Wright (Elementary School in Cleveland) with her. I seen Gina a couple times.

According to reports, Emily Castro was in the car with her father moments before Amanda was abducted in 2003.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-went-school-kidnap-victim-Amanda-Berry.html

Former boyfriend of Amanda Berry talks about his years of being questioned by authorities

He said for years he went to parties with Ariel Castro's nephews. He drank beers with Castro at those parties, but said he never knew Ariel Castro by name back then, and it wasn't until Castro's recent arrest that he realized who Castro was. He shook his head for a minute, taken aback, realizing he was unknowingly hanging out with the alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro; Castro who in retrospect caused the man's teenage years to be spent being questioned by authorities.

Then a year later when Gina DeJesus went missing in 2004, he said he walked out of his house on Cleveland's west side and was surrounded by police and that police had the entire neighborhood blocked off. Neighbors started clapping because they believed police caught the guy, he remembered. He said the FBI questioned him until he turned 18 years old. He said police then continued to question him on and off during traffic stops.

Shortly after Amanda disappeared, a phone call was placed from Amanda's cellphone to her family. The man said Amanda was OK. Her former boyfriend said investigators traced the cellphone tower ping back to the general vicinity of his west side neighborhood and he was questioned again.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-his-years-of-being-questioned-by-authorities

Former boyfriend of Amanda Berry talks about his years of being questioned by authorities

He said for years he went to parties with Ariel Castro's nephews. He drank beers with Castro at those parties, but said he never knew Ariel Castro by name back then, and it wasn't until Castro's recent arrest that he realized who Castro was. He shook his head for a minute, taken aback, realizing he was unknowingly hanging out with the alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro; Castro who in retrospect caused the man's teenage years to be spent being questioned by authorities.

Then a year later when Gina DeJesus went missing in 2004, he said he walked out of his house on Cleveland's west side and was surrounded by police and that police had the entire neighborhood blocked off. Neighbors started clapping because they believed police caught the guy, he remembered. He said the FBI questioned him until he turned 18 years old. He said police then continued to question him on and off during traffic stops.

Shortly after Amanda disappeared, a phone call was placed from Amanda's cellphone to her family. The man said Amanda was OK. Her former boyfriend said investigators traced the cellphone tower ping back to the general vicinity of his west side neighborhood and he was questioned again.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-his-years-of-being-questioned-by-authorities

Looking back at the what "ifs" in this case is absolutely frustrating. I am trying my best to firmly keep blame on AC himself. I don't think it's wrong to analyze how things were done and what can be done better in the future.

My heart breaks for all the girls but I can't help but think about what Michelle endured prior to the kidnapping or what her family dynamics were like. I do want to know how AC stayed off LE's radar. I can only take what I read at this point with a grain of salt though.

The fact still remains that the girls were imprisoned and horribly abused. There is no denying that. We can't change the past. I'm going to try and concentrate on this phase of getting justice for the girls as it applies to AC. The other details can wait.

It will take going back through many years of many files on all three of these girls to analyze what could be improved in future cases.

Well that is depressing. Since Amanda Berry looked pretty thin to me, but not malnourished. I was hoping that the reports of malnutrition were an exaggeration. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

I'd say that the prisoner of war analogy is an understatement. Sounds more like a Nazi concentration camp.

I knew the malnourished reports were probably true after I saw Gina's coming home video. Her shoulder seemed so skinny. Looking at her picture from right before she went missing she seemed of healthy weight not too skinny not to fat.

What do you guys make of this alleged phone call? The only logical answer is that AC called Amanda's mother himself, right?? What a monster....

What do you guys make of this alleged phone call? The only logical answer is that AC called Amanda's mother himself, right?? What a monster....

A week after her disappearance, her mother got a phone call from a man who claimed to be holding her daughter and that she was safe. He said he was married to Berry and that her mother would see her in a few days. When Berry's mother asked to speak to her daughter, the man hung up. Berry's mother did not recognize the caller's voice, but she thought he was sounded like a young adult, between eighteen and thirty years old. He never called back and has never been identified. The call was traced to Berry's cellular phone. Because of this, authorities believe the caller had genuine knowledge of Berry's disappearance. It was determined that the call was placed somewhere near west 58th and Clark Streets.

http://pedophileringilluminati.blogspot.com/2009/10/georgina-dejesus-amanda-berry.html

Too bad her phone didn't have GPS. They can pinpoint location exactly if the phone has GPS.

With all due respect all state data bases for driver's license and car registrations are connected, and have been for the last 50 years. They can even check some foreign countries. It takes seconds for them to get that type of information.
With all due respect, I happen to know differently. But its OK for you to believe that it is. They count on that.

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The REAL ID Act of 2005:

The REAL ID Act Driver's License Summary[15] details the following provisions of the Act's driver's license title:

Linking of databases
If you read the article quoted here, you will see it is not done. Many states contested it, and each state has is own way of putting the information into a database. A lot of them don't want to change the way they do things, so they haven't come up with a standard for all states. I am not sure where it stands right now, but a year ago, all the databases still could not talk to each other, and there was no end in sight. LE in one state can call another state and get the information, but they have to know which state to call.

With all due respect all state data bases for driver's license and car registrations are connected, and have been for the last 50 years. They can even check some foreign countries. It takes seconds for them to get that type of information.

Not exactly.

If you read the article quoted here, you will see it is not done. Many states contested it, and each state has is own way of putting the information into a database. A lot of them don't want to change the way they do things, so they haven't come up with a standard for all states. I am not sure where it stands right now, but a year ago, all the databases still could not talk to each other, and there was no end in sight. LE in one state can call another state and get the information, but they have to know which state to call.

There are some things you can get through databases, but as these articles pointed out, a lot of the info in these databases is dependent on the states. For example, we have access to a public records search through my job at a private firm. We pay for access through Lexis Nexis. While it can pull records even from other states that show criminal convictions or driver licenses, it's not terribly accurate. There are often holes missing from where states haven't updated, or inaccurate summations depending on how the states have submitted the info/the database uploaded it. It's not a giant organized system like CODIS. It's scattershot and often police must contact states themselves for info, rather than relying on these databases. If they don't know the state to call, they don't have much at all.

Think about it - all you have is the woman's name, and maybe a date of birth. Do you know how many Barbara Knights are out there? Quite a few. Even if you do search the database, it's very difficult to figure out which profile is the correct person. And then sometimes, the profiles are muddled because of similar/same names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner