penalty phase #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they brought out the pictures especially the picture of Travis with his grandmother. The Gall of JA to send her the flowers and the 18 page note. JA pure Evil rubbing everyone's face in what she did. I also was glad Sam brought out the crimes scene photos and compared them to what she has experiences as a police officer. Shows how vicious this killer is. I hope THey can find some peace and get some sembelence of togetherness as a family unit after this is over. They DESERVE THE BEST THAT LIFE CAN OFFER! I just pray for them. JA statements will seem like a hollow dead shell!!!

ok...I could not read and listen at the same time. Plus...I was crying too hard.

I would like to know did Sandy Arias shed one tear?

BBM. Here ya go Shady, I'm passing you some kleenex. I think we're all ugly crying right now.

Well Martinez started making a point about Arias not have any prior criminal record and to rebut that issue he brought up the gas cans...kind of bashing a square peg into a round hole. I mean I see what he means...but there were other ways to go about it.

His statement today seemed a bit disjointed...but then again that's kind of been his style all trial from what I have seen.

He has been effective though...
The mitigating factors are a bit all over the place, so I didn't find it shocking that his statement reflected the randomness of the eight factors themselves. People have second-guessed JM's non-linear approach from the get-go and have been proved wrong time after time.

Well Martinez started making a point about Arias not have any prior criminal record and to rebut that issue he brought up the gas cans...kind of bashing a square peg into a round hole. I mean I see what he means...but there were other ways to go about it.

His statement today seemed a bit disjointed...but then again that's kind of been his style all trial from what I have seen.

He has been effective though...

This was not what I expected today.

Not that the family statements weren't powerful and evocative, but I expected more defense of Travis and some pre-emptive strikes against the abuse excuse being raised again, such as "Travis never hurt anyone". I wonder if they are restricted in what they can say?

I kinda agree with you, HelloPeople, the opening seemed a little disjointed and subdued. I am hoping for a wild closing. I hope she is foolish enough to show off her plagiarized artwork, and then he shows the originals to blow her out of the water. That would be cool.

Agree, if she wasn't a sadist she wouldn't have invented the pedophilia, in particular. I want the jury to know she is still coming up with new versions of that lie. She gets off on their suffering, all I saw was someone pretending to have lost Travis too, as if she is also grieving which we know she is not.

I hope the jury keeps in mind the multiple times on the stand Jodi stated with haughtiness, glib and disgust that "If I were Travis I would want to jump off a bridge."

Did Stephen say that he and his wife got back together??? I hope they did. Jodi has destroyed so many lives. It's a ripple effect. Jodi needs to be eradicated.

oh, I thought he meant they were separated 'cause of the trial. That is terrible enough. But they were separated for real. that is just awful

Good I'm fing glad!!!! Especially after the horrendous things the Arias FAMILY (i.e. her twin sister) says they call the Alexander siblings. It takes subhuman qualities to call victims names and put them down when it's JODI who is the subhuman, evil, vile, and disgusting murderer. Why Jodi's mom and aunt find the need to trash TA's siblings is beyond me.

OMG no! Her family is doing that? How could they?!!!!!

At least for a moment, Arias must have recognised, realised, what my_tee_mouse posted. Defendant's claims on the jury's mercy in mitigating her sentence stack up flat as a shirt board and absurd, next to the suffering of her victim and his family and the real difficulties they overcame. She is using her own life as a sorry excuse for the monstrous crime she committed. And her tales of neglect, hardship & abuse are not even real.

I'm struggling to keep up so please forgive if this has been answered.

Will Defense go after lunch? Will JA speak today? Thanks.

Oh wow I am hyperventilating crying hearing Samantha's VIS. I want to punch everyone in the face for talking around me.

This was not what I expected today.

Not that the family statements weren't powerful and evocative, but I expected more defense of Travis and some pre-emptive strikes against the abuse excuse being raised again, such as "Travis never hurt anyone". I wonder if they are restricted in what they can say?

I kinda agree with you, HelloPeople, the opening seemed a little disjointed and subdued. I am hoping for a wild closing. I hope she is foolish enough to show off her plagiarized artwork, and then he shows the originals to blow her out of the water. That would be cool.

They are definitely restricted in what they can say. Has to be approved by the judge for one thing.

After watching Sam and Steven??
Yeah, that's about right.
She could probably confess and beg for their forgiveness at this point...
And we'd find something wrong with that.

The ONLY thing she could that I would support...
Would be to NOT testify today.Let the Alexander family have the last word.

BBM : that's exactly how I feel and really hope that is what happens ...

I'm mostly a lurker so please don't flame me but: I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw the tears fall off JA's face onto her shirt in one of the last shots. (I only even post this because today is the second day ever I've watched the live stuff, and I've seen many posts about the fake crying, so I was surprised.)
Don't be fooled by those tears...she cries ONLY for herself.

I liked what Stephen said about Travis finding his eternal partner, and then he paused for a bit. I hope it jolted that woman but I doubt it!

Today is the first time I ever thought the killer's tears were real.

However, a day late and a penny short.

I'm glad she mentioned barbaric to the jury. So they won't be fooled by her fake attempts to show emotion.

Yeah. "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? Were you crying when you were slitting his throat? Were you crying when you shot him in the head?"

Jodi should show a tiny bit of descentcy and just not say a word.
Let this family be free of her , and wish not to speak IMO

Never gonna happen. She simply won't be able to resist trashing Travis again one more time.

Wow just I seriously texted my parents that I love them. This just wow.. I don't even know I can't imagine their pain. It just made me realize how lucky I am to have my loved ones still. Wow. Jodi Arias is pure evilness.

O/T: My dad's reply: "You need cash don't you? :p"
lol
As a parent, I can relate to that! :)

Did Steven say he and his wife and child are back together? I missed that tiny segment. I hope so - when he mentioned the separation that made me so incredibly sad.

Did anyone see on WAT when they were standing Jodi did the throat slash gesture? freaked me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member