penalty phase #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like how the podium for the victim impact statements was facing the jury and Jodi was facing their BACK. She doesn't deserve to be a part of their statements.

Jodi is only crying for herself. How can she feel sad about a premeditated act? If she feels sorry, then why put the family through the hell of a trial when she could plead guilty to 1st degree & ask for LWOP?

Don't be fooled by her ugly face dripping tears today.

BBM

Or from Jodi's own words...."If I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty!"

:rockon: :rockon:

Agree all is dry on that face.

:seeya: And I even "zoomed in" to the largest setting I could get, for a better look and nothing ... no tears ...

WAT is replaying Samantha right now ... and the camera is focused on JA ...

Again, no tears ... nothing ... nada ... and zip ...

:moo:

That was so raw to watch. Heartwrenchingly so.

I wish the camera hadn`t shown JA though. Just show Stephen and Samantha talking about their loss so eloquently and bravely.

Apologies if I missed this being asked......but do the people speaking for her do a speech in the same way or is it done differently for them?

bbm

Good quote, but shouldn't it be "walking" the path? It would make more sense, wouldn't it?

THEY did say "walking"--in fact I just heard it a second time as the feed is playing back the statements just now.

The reporter is stupid.

Was it just me or was JA laughing during Travis' sister's impact statement?

WHAT???????????? :facepalm:
For someone who didnt want his face showed the first time around, he's going to get up again and speak on her behalf??? Are they going to show his face this time?

:banghead:

I might recognize his hands in a store someday.:facepalm:

Five years and a million tears. God, please hold the Family together and help them on their long journey to finally, finally say goodbye to Travis.

I can't believe she did that, although I'm not doubting what people are saying.

FJA is standing as the Jurors are leaving. FJA makes it appear she wiping her chin, but I watched it several times and I fully believe she makes the cutting throat with her thumb like she has done in the past, as she goes under her chin to the back of her neck she swipes...and does not wipe off any tears.

Anybody know if JA is giving a media interview after the conclusion of the penalty phase?

LOL just wondering.

Shes under a gag order from now until JSS says she isn't :)

imo Jodi is acting like a victim herself. The tears are for herself only.

Like she's crying hearing all the wonderful things about Travis because she knows NO ONE can stand up on her behalf & say anything anywhere near what the testiment of his life is and how he truly lived what he believed.. That no matter how many times she calls him a hypocrit the truth prevails!

I'm sure she's crying because she knows she's screwed!

JMO

I agree. I thought it looked like her nose dripped onto her shirt just before that gesture, too. Despite how bad it looks, I think (at least I hope) that's just the way she wipes her chin/face.

Once again....Who does that? I have never wiped tears from my neck ear to ear using my thumb....and I wear glasses too. I am done now with that topic.

Thank God neither Steven or Samantha acknowledged the murderess in their impact statements. I would have found it hard to put a lid on what I might have said to the monster.

By not mentioning JA, they kept the jury focused on who is important. Travis Victor Alexander. She is nothing. They obliterated her from the reality of the loss. They referred to her barbaric actions, they said the word ripped.... But today was the day to speak for Travis and they did it wonderfully. God bless them. I'm right there with you as far as what I would have said. They would have me in shackles right now and I'd be facing assault and battery charges at the very least.

Just replay the interview she did last week after she was convicted of First Degree Premeditated Murder.

What kind of a person keeps blaming and trashing the victim? You murdered him!! :stormingmad: :stormingmad:

She even had a few more lies we had not heard prior to this interview. Like Travis running after a naked 4 year old boy with the bible open pretending to be a priest...like the bruises all over her body that family and friends saw but her DT would not let testify. The more she talks...the more she lies.

It will be interesting to see what she says this afternoon in her defense.

Oh, but the best part will be when she displays her artwork for everyone to see....

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I loved how Samantha said over and over again how kind, loving, and giving Travis was. She would never dignify the pedo claim but it is as if she said 'don't believe that lie.........this is the REAL Travis.'

IMO

JC says there were no juror tears. That isn't what other reporters have said.

Shut up Jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbm

Good quote, but shouldn't it be "walking" the path? It would make more sense, wouldn't it?

jose miguel @reporterjmiguel

RT @AMYABC15 : #jodiarias "the difference between a stepping stone and a stumbling block is the character of person walking the path"-Travis…

Right....the tweet I posted had it all wrong....:banghead::banghead:

Jean C says no juror crying or wiped eyes yet EVERY OTHER reporter said they were.

That was so raw to watch. Heartwrenchingly so.

I wish the camera hadn`t shown JA though. Just show Stephen and Samantha talking about their loss so eloquently and bravely.

Apologies if I missed this being asked......but do the people speaking for her do a speach in the same way or is it done differently for them?

I think Victim Impact Statements are different than Jodi's Mitigation witnesses--I think they actually take the stand & answer questions from Nurmi/Willmott & Juan gets a shot. The Prosecutor doesn't have to question them, but might ask something like "When you shared these good times with Jodi, did you ever think she'd be capable of such a heinous murder?" It tends to mitigate the mitigation!

I'm not for sure about AZ, though. Lawyers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23