penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that mitigation lady is wearing that cross as a message to the jurors?

Steven Alexander (SA): My name is Steven Alexander. Travis was my big brother. I was sleeping in after working a 12-hour graveyard shift in the Amy. I woke up to the sound of my wife crying walking up the stairs. I will never forget what she said. “Samantha, I cannot tell him, you have to.” My wife handed the phone to me. It was my sister, Samantha. She was crying hysterically. She told me, “Steven, Travis is dead!” I thought I was dreaming. She didn’t really have any details at the time, so I just gave the phone back to my wife. A few moments later we found out he was killed. I remember walking out the back door screaming, crying at the sky, asking why, and I sank down into a corner and I cried some more.

Awhile later, my commander called with the same news. I kept my composure, but in my head I was reliving the same exact moment all over again. As soon as we hung up, I broke down again. I thought my brother was bullet proof. I thought he was stronger than anything. He couldn’t be cut down or knocked down. He was in two motorcycle crashes and walked away unharmed. He wrecked several cars and nothing happened to him. He rolled a snowmobile, and again, not a scratch. He was unbreakable.

Who on earth would want to do this to him? For what reasons? He wanted to move forward in life, to better himself, and only to help others. Why him? Unfortunately, I won’t ever get the answers to most of my questions about my brother’s death. Questions like, how much did he suffer? How much did he scream? What was he saying? What was the last thing he saw before his eyes closed? What was his final thought?

The last time I saw my brother was Christmas of 2007. We had a really good time. A lot of our family was there. We played a bunch of family games. One in particular was the American Idol game. Travis kept beating everybody. The only way I could actually beat him was by singing a Kelly Clarkson in a girl voice so I could hit all the notes.

JM: If I could show Exhibit 656.

SA: We had nicknames for each other – Stevis and Travid, so he said, “Stevis, it doesn’t count because it’s a girl song.” I tend to disagree with him.

He got to meet my daughter and hold her for the first time. He said she was the most beautiful little girl he has even seen. I never would have thought that would be the last time I would see him.

The nature of my brother’s murder has had a major impact on me. It has even invaded my dreams. I have nightmares about somebody coming at me with a knife and then going after my wife and my daughter. When I wake up, I cannot establish what is real and what is a dream. I’ve even gone through the house searching through rooms, shaking my family to wake them up to make sure that they are alive.
My wife has woken me up out of nightmares because I was screaming in my sleep. It may sound childish, but I cannot sleep alone in the dark anymore.

I’ve had dreams of my brother, all curled up in the shower, thrown in there, left to rot for days, all alone.

I don’t want these nightmares anymore. I don’t want to have to see my brother’s murderer any more. I don’t want to hear his name dragged through the mud anymore.

I’ve been hospitalized several times for ulcers and came very near to death. I’ve been on several different anti-depressants. Unfortunately, none of them really worked. I wasn’t able to be the husband my wife deserved. I distanced myself from everybody. My wife and I, we ultimately separated two years ago, and it was for a period of two times. My poor little girl had to be passed back and forth every week, and now, yet again, I have to be away from my wife and my child. It has been over four months now. I go home to California during the weekends. Every time I have to come back to Arizona I see my little girl crying and beg me not to go. I miss them very much and I cannot wait for this to end so that we can all get back to our lives.

Travis used to write out his day on a flashcard. The last one he wrote said: Call Steven. I never got that call. He had been concerned about my health and wanted to fly me to his house and help me quit smoking. I never got to go. Now when I want to talk or see my brother, I have to go to a 3 ½ foot x 8 foot long x 6 foot deep hole in the ground.

He was meant to do so much more. He never got to live his dreams. He never got to meet his goals. In 2008 he wrote his affirmations on his Blog.

“This year will be the best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more, and be more than all the other years in my life combined. True, other years now past have been at times
magnificent, but not like this. This is a year of metamorphosis, of growth and accomplishment that at previous times was unimaginable. A year where the impossible will become commonplace and the unachievable will become effortless achieved, where I raise myself to heights only visited by the great men and women of this world and by so doing, this year will be the best year of my life. And how will I do this -- through compassionate service, random acts of kindness, unconditional love, and acknowledgement of the true source of all blessings with gratitude in my heart. And when I fail, I will learn from my mistakes. I will strengthen my resolve, be better than I was before. What will I do to improve my finances? I will work harder, yes, but more importantly, I will work smarter and learn to leverage myself and get more out of one day than I previously got out of a month.
I will succeed through integrity and through selfless service of others through the powerful forces and the structure of the mind I will tap into the source of infinite intelligence and be more efficient in all my endeavors and be an exponentially greater asset to this world. I will love, and then love more. I will serve and serve more. I will forgive and then forgive more. I will not let these thoughts fade but instead remind myself of them daily and spend time visualizing myself in accomplishment of them until the day that my thoughts become reality. Then I will not stop but press forward, to new goals and new heights in my quest to change this world. I will be a published author and effortlessly doing so what I was meant to do to better my life and the lives of others. I will associate with more successfully minded people to be a teacher as well as a student. I will travel this great country and this great planet gaining rich experiences founded by very few. I will find an eternal companion… (long pause) that enhances me exponentially and countless other goals that at one point I dared not even dream. 2008 will be the best year of my life, which will lay the foreground for 2009, to dwarf the accomplishments of 2008. This year will be the best year of my life, and I will succeed.”

15:18
I know Travis only hoped to change one life. He never would have thought he could change the world. People across the globe have been influenced by him. Travis believed every single one of us was created to be successful. We all have different trials. We just have to get there. Travis has a legacy. It is up to us to make sure it survives. You were born to be great. It is your destiny. “The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path.” Travis coined that philosophy. Those are Travis’s words. That is the way my brother lived his life. That is the way he wanted to continue to live. That is how he wanted us to live. He will never get to today, because he was so brutally ripped out of this world – my world. Hopefully, one day I can make him proud. Thank you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_fuLhMhEdo"]JODI ARIAS PENALTY PHASE WITNESS IMPACT BROTHER 5.16.13 PT. 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone know who put together the list of 8 mitigating factors? The judge?

HMM...I guess Jodi LIED in that interview about Nurmi telling her that there were NO MITIGATING FACTORS to present.

Does she just enjoy lying?

who was her babysitting [ family?] she did not last long there who was the child? He would be a good witness to say how bad or good she was?

I have to be honest- I never liked DB, nor found his testimony credible or honest- what is this mans problem?

I feel sorry for his ex wife... always have. What kind of a man downgrade's himself in a job (and pay) so he can basically <mod snip> a much younger girl/employee. He had a young son and would have needed to pay child support for that child- he took 1. a cut in pay and 2. put himself in a position to get away with claiming much less income for tax/support purposes... if he so chose- I bet he did. What a guy huh? Lie on the stand for a murderer with a teenage son. He must be so proud. I hope they show his face too- it should be mandatory- you want to speak? Show your face! I am... angry!

For once, I have no smart azz comment to make.

Hearing Steven and Samantha speak of their beloved brother, the impact he had and continues to have on them...they were like a sucker punch to the gut, those words. Spoken with such emotion and with real tears.

In his short life, Travis made such a positive difference in the lives of so many friends and family members. Unlike the <unusual person> who brutally murdered him.

DP. No less. Solitary for a gazillion years and then the needle. Still too good for the convicted murderer, JA.

standing up for their brother day after miserable day throughout this long trial. their bonds of love are strong. That love will never go away. I hope that they find peace and comfort now knowing that they stood up for their brother every day and represented him with dignity and love.
A beautiful family. I was very moved.

his family do need their lives back. They have suffered for so long already because of her jealousy.:jail:

I don't think its fair their using her "artwork" as a mitigating factor...I mean some of it, if not all, is not even original. I know people can draw off of a picture without tracing but original artwork is not based off of a picture.

Reminds me of a Lockup episode where one man in jail actually painted landscapes or another where a man made sculptures and painted them! I would call those original. Jodi Arias as an artist is just a big joke :/

Agree!! As a "Lockup junkie", I know exactly which guys you are talking about....not to mention the incredible tattoo artists working with a sharpened staple and ink made from coffee! JA will be laughed at in prison, if she calls herself an artist...moo

When Steven quoted from the blog, these wordsof Travis's hit me hard:

"I will forgive, and then I will forgive more..."

If, in his striving to be a better, more loving person, he forgave that thing and she grabbed it as her opportunity to slaughter him...then I believe that DP or LWOP or whatever, she is damned for eternity.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-dirty-little-secret-20130516,0,3439357.story
Los Angeles Times - 5/16/13

Jodi Arias to be subject of Lifetime movie 'Dirty Little Secret'

Snipped:

Well, that didn't take long.

Barely a week after being found guilty of murder, Jodi Arias is the subject of a planned Lifetime movie.

The story of Arias will be dramatized in "Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret," which has been scheduled for June 22. The film will star Tania Raymonde as Arias and Jesse Lee Soffer as Alexander.

Darn it, I had meetings and missed almost all of it... Downloading part 1&2 as we speak for viewing tonight. From the little bit I did see of Nurmi and the sisters I think Jodi is done for... MOO

I will say this...Mr Juan Martinez has ruined trials for me, I do believe. I just can't imagine another trial without him as the prosecutor. He is just that good!

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes
"If this had been the only time that Jodi did the subtle throat-slit gesture, I'd agree with you. But, Jodi has made this gesture several times during the trial, and I see it for what it is: Off with (his, her) head - just like Jodi's final blow to Travis."

null_zpsb1a9ffa3.png

BTW She had a tissue in her other hand. Also, while watching the VSs replayed with camera only on JA, I saw she did it a few minutes earlier also....missed the screen shot. JJ

i was swearing at the tv saying she did it again the f-- nut - she definite did the neck slice again . is she not aware or is it a sign to say to everyone - i did it and i am proud? i do not think its not to shock us all. she smiles as she fakes cry. she practiced i bet

No but I will! Thanks!!

Seriously guys, where can I see lots of good pictures of Travis in LIFE? I can only seem to find one or two here and there.

ETA: And not video, I just want actual pictures. TIA!

Travis Alexanders Memorial on uTube. There are many many pictures and it is heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member