penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
hWhat's the hold up? This is annoying. I have to go to my grandma's for dinner shortly and I hwon't be able to hwatch!!!

27 years of life on earth, born into a middle-class family in the richest and most privileged country on earth, and presented with numerous opportunities for growth, and what does she have to show for it, what can be said about the worth of her life?

That once upon a time she had one friend? That in her own mind she is a talented artist? That this is the first time she ever murdered anyone?

Really?

Everything is premeditated with JA and her Defense team.
The only reason they would ask to withdraw now is so that when she appeals she can say they abandoned her in her hour of need!
She has been arrogant, obnoxious and has almost certainly ignored their advice since the day they met her, nothing new about that !

The way I understand it is that there will be no more on camera interviews with JA. JSS has effectively stopped all interviews by way of court order, which will probably not be lifted until the trial has reached its completion. Once she is sentenced, she will be in the custody of the AZ prison system which is notorious for not allowing face to face interviews.

The request was put in before the judge's order for no more media. I don't think she'll ever be able to interview her, but I believe she's angling for an interview with her mother. Therefore, she's not as hard on Jodi as others in the media. :twocents:

I truly believe there's nothing that can save JA's life now. No mitigation could be enough. This jury will sentence her to death and she earned her way there. When this trial started I gave her a 50/50 chance. Now I think it's 97% chance of the DP and I might be on the low side.

I do believe in the DP so her getting it doesn't upset me one bit. I don't think it applies in every murder case and I'm not a bloodthirsty person, but it exists for a reason and some defendants earn their way into the death chamber. JA, with her words as well as her deeds, has done exactly that IMO.

I can't stand when the TH's on HLN say things like, they jury will feel this, the jury will feel that. But I have heard jurors from past cases say they deliberated based on the juror instructions. I think this jury will do the same, read the instructions carefully and deliberate from there.

What I'm reading on Twitter, YES the jurors were crying - even 2 men. I don't know how many, but several were emotional.

JC sits way in the back and has said on many occasions that she doesn't have a good view of the jury box, so what does she know.

MOO

Mel

JC also likes to freak people out so that they think the jury is going to come back with a decision in favour of the defendant .. :banghead:

From the interviews she's done so far with the media, one has to wonder if she is...........well if you heard her talk, you know where I'm coming from. Let's just say she may have been one of CKJA's buddies helping her with the garden up on the roof when they were teenagers. Not worth getting a TO about. :blushing:

She was...on...well...she sounded a tad under the weather when she was on NG

I think she looks less like able with this dirty odd look.

I hope all of Travis siblings survive this.
Steven worries me with his anger level and depression...
and Tanisha looks much less healthy than she did a few years ago.
I hope they all make it through this and are able to live their lives.
:please:

Am really surprised Jodi's mother is not speaking. Either Jodi refused this or her mother is done with her!

NO. She goes to prison in Florence, Arizona. All puppy dogtails and rainbows cease at the front gates. Hell on Earth and perfect for the Killer.

No she goes the Women's Death Row which is in Perryville

PS if already said sorry catchin up

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 19m

Late start again..no judge or jury yet and no sign of attorneys or #JodiArias..possibly in chambers?

She is in a bit of a pickle when she gets up to speak (if she does) to ask to spare her life maybe. Especially if she sticks to her story that she was only defending herself he was attacking her.

Because they clearly don't believe that story, what can she get up and say now?

It IS a problem. I would imagine her attorneys have told her that juror #8 says he didn't buy the pedophilia story. On the other hand, this is a group (Jodi & DT) who double down and double down again every time it is made clear the jurors don't believe them.

No question that ckja doesn't want to die...
If Daren Lee Bolton had any remorse, he took it with him. Bolton, 29, was put to death less than four years after he was convicted of the 1986 kidnapping and murder of 2 1/2-year-old Zosha Lee Pickett. Though Bolton had many more avenues of appeal left, he volunteered to die, saying he would prefer death over life in prison. He always maintained his innocence

http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue2/1996/06/19/104211-bolton-put-to-death-for-zosha-s-murder/

I don't think age is a factor for her....AZ EXECUTED John George Brewer at the age of 27 in 1993.... Darren Lee Bolton at the age of 29 in 1996. jmo

IIRC both of them begged for the death penalty...like Jodi falsely said she would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alpha Zero