penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has the jury been sitting out since lunch today
Anyone know?

Wow no wonder juror 8 went out and had a few too many. I think I would probably be carrying a flask in my purse after this roller coaster of a trial. Or wear one of those bras that you can fill with wine and sip it through a straw.

I think she is blackmailing him with info she has that could affect his custody battle. Like maybe she warned him that if he did not support her she would tell his ex something that could affect him in court when he tries to keep partial custody. JMO

What's the mother going to do, go to court and be like "well ur honor Jodi Arias told me that one time at band camp Darrel...." :floorlaugh: but I think you are right kinda.. I wonder if he feels responsible for her behavior or something.

Maybe Jodi had a migraine from crying?

Could be. It takes a lot of energies to fake crying. :floorlaugh: Then she decided it would be easier to just say "headache". She knew the judge would love to give her another day to rest.

I have to say, this is absurd. I have held my tongue with Judge SS because I liked her, but she is starting to get on my nerves. I worked for 20 years as a court reporter in the courts (in a different state) and I have never seen a trial run like this. Not even close. Lots of times, judges and attorneys and court reporters take 45 minutes for lunch and come back and do whatever it is they need to do.

The Alexanders just said what a hardship it is for them, and still, this nonsense keeps on going. I mean, going on five months, not counting jury selection, for this trial is a crime in and of itself. I just can't believe what I am seeing. And why couldn't the judge order Jodi a power bar and go until 5 or make sure that she had dinner? I just can't believe this whole thing.

Did anyone get a capture of JA when the judge dismissed the jurors??

I don't think the jury knows the cameras were not on DB and will not be on Patti. Just the viewers knew only his hands were shown. The jurors weren't told of this yet, we're they? Don't remember that.

Perhaps he has heard that all of us know it was his hands in the pe#is photograph and not Travis. So he now wants his face ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

God bless the Alexander family and friends for everything they have been through for the past 5 years. It was just heartbreaking to see and hear how much Travis's cruel death has affected them.

In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

Great post!!

Anyone have a clue of what "we are unable to proceed" means?????

Nobody knows why but apparently everybody here is ready to speculate...

Truth is...we DONT know. Nobody does.. except the ppl behind the closed doors. At this stage in the game I'm going to say it was something important. Others can have their opinions.

Totally ridiculous !!! Boyfriend is on a rant about how pizzed he would be if he were a juror..:scared:

and my 'C' is forking over my $50....yippee....going to get a new pair of sandals...DSW here I come!!

They were never going to finish today though. Juan gets to cross examine the witnesses, they would've given closing arguments (with hundreds of objections and sidebars) and then the judge would've given instructions again. So it was never going to end today. But this waste of time pisses me off to no end!

He gets to cross the witnesses? This is going to be downright beautiful. I'm lighting candles for Travis and his beautiful family tonight, as well as Juan and Flores who have put so much blood sweat and tears into getting justice for Travis.

In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

Your post today have been terrific! The one you posted after the siblings spoke was so beautiful.Thank you!

Has anyone kept up with the actual working trial hours vs. sitting around twiddling thumbs hours ratio in this trial?

Oh yah, she looked high as a kite. I wonder what she's on? Lithium perhaps, with an anti-anxiety cocktail?

I didn't know jails handed out drugs like that. In this case, unless she's got cancer or something....let her suffer with her little panic attacks and fake headaches.

MOO

Mel

I shouldn't laugh I guess, but I don't care what happens to her. She was high yesterday too, but it was nothing like this! :floorlaugh:

After the verdict..life or death will JA immediately be taken to prison or death row..or will she return back to jail for a period of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll