GUILTY ME - Nichole Cable, 15, Glenburn, 12 May 2013

That is so aggravating. I understand it's not FB problem but uh........it's kind of FB's problem. If someone comes to them and says a predator is using this page to catch young girls, why would they ignore it?

That's why I said I wish I'd gotten the link to the feaux-BB FB page. Sometimes fakes add their real profile so that they can have "mutual" friends.

As I was able to listen again once they put the video up the exact answer to the question of "Were any vehicles involved?"...
Answer..."Again that's information we are just not able to share..."
Later "I'm not going to comment, as Chief Deputy said investigative information is very important that we keep very close to the vest."

So I was transcribing as fast as I could but wasn't perfect. I tried. :blushing:
But the video is now up for anyone that wants to hear it.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/243996/314/Search-continues-for-missing-Glenburn-teen

Oh hey, that's okay. I appreciate you transcribing. So I guess he was just talking about the usual keep things close to the vest type of stuff.

This is scary!!!

Now this account has since been deleted. It's scary how people can grab your facebook photos and create fake accnts and start friending your friends or friend of friends and a lot of kids accept requests from those who have mutual friends without even knowing these people. Scary if this is what indeed happened and she is with some creepo! Teach your kids to lock their profiles down tight!:please:

Snipped by me. I have heard of people, teens and adults alike, having someone set up a facebook account impersonating them, and then the imposter says terrible mean things to all the people they get to friend them so that the person they are impersonating will lose all their friends and / or get in trouble.

Why are some people so evil?

Sorry, kind of got OT there.

That's why I said I wish I'd gotten the link to the feaux-BB FB page. Sometimes fakes add their real profile so that they can have "mutual" friends.

When chat rooms were all the rage ( i realize there are still some but not the way they were a decade ago) there were many FBI taskers who sat in them all day long, looking for predators and they even set up rooms with that specific purpose. I wonder if it's the same with FB and twitter and such now . FB should be working with FBI to give access to any oddities . Let's face it , if our banks can share info with the IRS , disregarding ' privacy' laws, then surely FB can do the same to help keep kids safe.

The movie Trust is entirely online on youtube if you want to preview it first:
Trust - YouTube

I would NOT recommend Megan Is Missing, it has very graphic violence/torture scenes that I wish I could undo from my memory!

Yeah definitely NOT a movie for kids. Heck I'm 37 I and might be too young. Even though I know it's acting, a few scenes are burned into my brain and still disturb me...and I'm a horror movie addict.

I can see why the girls would talk to him. He's a good looking kid or at least he stole pictures of a good looking kid. I want to disagree that she would not get into the car with a creepy old guy. What if he said ' im bryan's dad or uncle or cousin and his car broke down, I'll take you to him'' or any other various types of sob stories? The guy online could have even said ' my car's broken, my friend will meet you and bring you to me ' .
I hadn't thought of that scenario. Very plausible.

Snipped by me. I have heard of people, teens and adults alike, having someone set up a facebook account impersonating them, and then the imposter says terrible mean things to all the people they get to friend them so that the person they are impersonating will lose all their friends and / or get in trouble.

Why are some people so evil?

Sorry, kind of got OT there.

This happens all the time!
Ex BF's Ex GF's

Remember this?

Mother faces jail and $300,000 fine for setting up fake MySpace profile to bully girl who later killed herself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-girl-later-killed-herself.html#ixzz2TZew9nP2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What I do not understand is.....

where exactly did she tell her mom she was going? She was in her driveway.
When she didn't return within a short time why did mom wait till the next day to report her missing?

Im baffled by this.

Are they sure about the FB guy? Or is this speculation?

Could this be a mean girl playing a nasty game?

Im on a bunch of fences with this case NOTHING makes any sense at all.

Are we even really sure she met someone in that driveway that sunday night?

Has Mom been ruled out I not pointing a finger at anyone but she is the last person to see her.

Just dropping in a minute to check on any updates, and reading the last several post or so reminded me of a story I read not too long ago. Actually, it was here at Websleuths that I originally came across it. I'm gonna link it below, I've forgotten all the details & plan to read it again myself. It's rather disturbing what people do!
Here:

I Was Just Friended By Myself On Facebook (And It Only Gets Weirder From There)

"Someone had created a Facebook profile under my name, with my picture, and with all my personal information -- and then immediately friended me. This new Bianca had the same cover photo as the old Bianca (aka me); an identical list of jobs, schools and affiliations; and had “liked” the same pages I’ve “liked” -- "Global Disaster Relief on Facebook," "Roger Ebert," and even Switched, an AOL tech site shuttered over a year ago. Even more disturbing was the fact that “Bianca Bosker’s” most recent status update was word-for-word, period-for-period, my most recent status update."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/fake-facebook_n_2104102.html

This is so scary yet can happen so easily. Every parent, teacher and coach needs to talk to their teens about this case. I also watch Catfish and its SHOCKING how easily people can manipulate their info online. IP addresses are easy to hide, pics are easy to fake. You never know who you're talking to.

Two days ago I found out that a woman I've posted on parenting boards with for YEARS and her husband were arrested and charged with CHILD *advertiser censored* and obstruction of justice. I can't tell you how many dozens of pictures of my child she has seen. It makes me absolutely sick. I'm still in shock.

Looks like there will be a press conference in Bangor in about 15 minutes. I hate this...
That info is from foxabcmaine facebook page. I cannot link on tablet.

Looks like there will be a press conference in Bangor in about 15 minutes. I hate this...
That info is from foxabcmaine facebook page. I cannot link on tablet.

I just came home for lunch, I should be able to catch it.

I agree, this sounds very bad.

Sounds like no news, really, although I couldn't hear very well. Looking to identify a black ford ranger or similar seen in the area on Sunday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back