SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I saw him wipe away a tear also. What a wonderful man to have on Travis' side! He played JA like a fiddle; he was well aware of the evil person she is.

I was upset with the all the "waiting" yesterday but I know Jose will have the final word. I hope he plays the videos of Steven and Sam in his closing arguments - that would be the best!

I would also love the jury to come back within 15 minutes (okay an hour) with the death penalty. Or better yet, tell the judge, we don't need to leave our seats at all, we have our decision!!
:seeya:

BBM, I agree and I hope they heed Steven's plea, that he needs this to be over.

I don't think the burglary thing had to do with the burglary at her grandparents. JM made two points about it:

1) If the jury believed the gun was Travis' then she took his gun to kill him. Therefore, she killed him while committing a burglary which makes it felony murder.

2) once she started to stab him, she was unwelcome in the home. being unwelcome in the home was the burglary. Again, she committed a murder while committing burglary which makes it felony murder.

The prosecution presented evidence that Jodi committed that burglary. They are allowed to present their theory of what happened. What would be the reason for the objection?

BBM

Looks like a new tack, moving from the fabricated Travis's gun -- which the Prosecution correctly stated that Travis didn't own -- to JA's grandpa's .25 caliber now, which was my original point.

Evidence? What evidence did the Prosecution present that the lying torture-murderess stole that gun or committed the burglary?

They appeared to have no more evidence for JA being the burglar than they did her being the author of the terroristically threatening "whoredom" email which wasn't shown to the jury.

I suspect Jodi is going to tell the jury that she forgives them for not understanding her.
I do not think she will show any remorse.
Jmo

I have this fantasy that she is going to fess up to the murder and tell everything as a last ditch effort to keep her off death row.

Jodi Arias was in costume yesterday wearing exactly the kind of mask I'd expect to see at this stage of her life. It is the mask of true desperation as the horror of her fate descends around her.

Just remember lotsa NYers moved to NJ. :floorlaugh:

(Thank goodness, because I was born and raised on LI -- and at one point lived in NJ for *gasp* 15 years. The pizza was damned good. Thank goodness #2)

Oh where??? I was born on LI and still live here :)

YES! thank you for that observation. Very perceptive and really got me thinking.it was regret for herself, not Travis, right?

It takes me back to her interrogation. She starts crying and Det. Flores encourages her to spill, as it looks like she might be feeling remorse and on the verge of some honesty. But no, she whines, "I'm just thinking about all the things I'm potentially going to miss out on." That's what we saw yesterday.

I grew up near Philadelphia and ate many a hoagie as a kid. I had one from Jersey Mike's recently that I thought was close to the real deal -- wondering if anybody has had one and what they thought.

BTW, since we get to be off topic here, I told somebody recently that green pepper were totally verboten on a real cheesesteak. She said she had a friend living in Philly who said they were perfectly acceptable. :eek: Won't say what I think of people who think cheesesteaks are made with Cheese Whiz.

I had a hoagie from Jersey Mike's once, it was pretty close to the real thing, just enourmous. I don't get green peppers on cheesesteak, I do get sweet peppers and onions.

Not from St. Louis, lived in southwest MO (SGF area) for many years but spent tons of time in St. Louis and still catch as many Cards games as possible on the internet. I would sure love a trip to the Majestic on the corner of Laclede and Euclid right about now...best Greek food ever and they use to have a little waitress there by the name of Rea - spitting image of Carla from Cheers ! What a town St. Louis is! Love that place.

105px-St._Louis_Cardinals_Logo.svg.png

Eh. Heros hoagies pizza. Girl food. Me I like an unapologetically huge, 1/2 the cow steak with baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream, washed down wih a few dark beers, and the best place in the entire US for that meal is Leadville Colorado. I'll be driving 350 miles out of my way this summer just to get back to another plate of steak there. :)

I hope this is an epic fail like everything else the DT does.

As for DB being a mitigation witness, I hope JM rips him apart. He is such a wimp. So now his son can say he is so proud that his dad tried to help a convicted murderer? Geez. For all we know DB has been visiting Jodi in jail. The jail won't release a list of her visitors. Heck, maybe MM goes to see her too.

If the father of my child chose to expose our child to someone such as Jodi, then to take the stand on her behalf, I would have very very serious reservations in regards to allowing our child to ever be with his father without being monitored.

Jodi Arias was in costume yesterday wearing exactly the kind of mask I'd expect to see at this stage of her life. It is the mask of true desperation as the horror of her fate descends around her.

"Costume" - that is the best description of what I was watching yesterday - definitely. Somehow, someone got it through her head she needed to at least pretend to have some compassion. I'm thinking that trip to the p-ward and now her continued isolation may have tightened up a few screws...

BBM

Looks like a new tack, moving from the fabricated Travis's gun -- which the Prosecution correctly stated that Travis didn't own -- to JA's grandpa's .25 caliber now, which was my original point.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Evidence? What evidence did the Prosecution present that the lying torture-murderess stole that gun or committed the burglary?

They appeared to have no more evidence for JA being the burglar than they did her being the author of the terroristically threatening "whoredom" email which wasn't shown to the jury.

They presented circumstantial evidence during testimony. Jodi had accesss. Burglary was within days of Travis's angry IM and the murder. Only one item taken from each room. Cash lying about in the open wasn't taken.

What would be the reason to object?

BBM

To me, Juan was definitely referencing that she stole the gun from her grandparents...and yes, he definitely was unable to "prove," it, and therefore, it was a circumstantial piece of evidence. As such, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize she stole it. Also, IIRC, Juan never emphasized the felony aspect of the charges as she stole his gun, rather he emphasized the idea that once she started killing him, she became an unwelcome/intruder in his home.

Very interesting that nurmi didn't object when Juan called her "the burglar," yesterday, I actually hadn't noticed.

Alright ... I've heard enough!!

I grew up in NJ ... Been living in Arizona for THIRTY FOUR long-azzed NJ pizzaless years. There is NO OTHER GOOD THIN SLICE SOFT ENOUGH TO FOLD IN HALF WITH ORANGE GREASE DRIPPING DOWN MY ARM PIZZA ANYWHERE BUT NJ AND NEW YORK!!

There. I said it. Yes, I get emotional about my pizza.

Oh and for the record... Please don't gimme no freakin' spinach and sun-dried tomato gourmet crap on my pizza!!

Whew. I feel better.

:therethere::therethere:

Just remember lotsa NYers moved to NJ. :floorlaugh:

(Thank goodness, because I was born and raised on LI -- and at one point lived in NJ for *gasp* 15 years. The pizza was damned good. Thank goodness #2)

Ok, yes I am from California, but I swear that the best pizza I ever had was from Papa Murphys which is a take&bake chain. They have these multi-layer pizzas that are the bizzomb :) :blushing:

With Patti not appearing, there'll be no one but JA to speak of her supposed childhood abuse. Goodbye mitigation factor 5(a).

1. She was 27 years old at the time of the offense.
2. She has no prior criminal history.
3. She was a good friend.
4. She lacked support from her family.
5. She suffered abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult.
6. She tried to make the best of her life.
7. She consistently tried to improve herself.
8. She is a talented artist.

I think this time JA will claim her mother used her as an unloved drudge tasked with minding her much-loved younger siblings.

BBM - this made me chuckle. I thought she was a professional photographer and that was her passion? How come tracing ads from a magazine can be a mitigating factor, but they conveniently left out her talent as a photographer.

Oh, maybe because of the photo of her killing Travis? Can they be any more obvious!

MOO

Mel

I suspect Jodi is going to tell the jury that she forgives them for not understanding her.
I do not think she will show any remorse.
Jmo
IMO, Arias will not show any remorse nor go back on any of the allegations she made about Travis during the trial. Whether she gets the DP or LWOP, surely Arias is planning her appeal and any deviation from the story told at trial will certainly doom that appeal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Arias family regroups, hires some PIs to dig up some "dirt" on Travis, and presents that "evidence" at an appeal hearing. Or some new psychologists will present a diagnosis that will explain away Arias' actions prior to and during the commission of the murder.

Remember, Arias is the queen of premeditation as demonstrated by the murder and also by planning the Troy Hayden interview after the verdict.

If the father of my child chose to expose our child to someone such as Jodi, then to take the stand on her behalf, I would have very very serious reservations in regards to allowing our child to ever be with his father without being monitored.

Amen to that. Maybe his ex is on that already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993