Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
General question asked prior thread but would like to see others opinion. Is Jodi a threat to society if she were released? Was travis's death an isolated event?

I believe she is a threat. Who knows if she would pull this again on another poor guy.

She showed and shows no true remourse. Marks of a true predator/vicious kind.

Plus imagine what she would have done to a guy who actually treated her like dirt?

Ugh.

The brain is really a frontier left to uncover. Though many brains have been viewed scientifically ie/ Einstein, hitler. Little data was collected and seemed normal for all intense purpose. The key might lie within the electrons in the brain and the wiring studied in a working brain. One area that I find fascinating is concussions from sports and the effect of the brains frontal lobe. Concussions have been linked to aggression/rage. The brain of a Canadian wrestler that killed his family and himself was examined. The results support the link between the two.

General question asked prior thread but would like to see others opinion. Is Jodi a threat to society if she were released? Was travis's death an isolated event?

IMO she wasn't finished. He had another score to settle. she was arrested ... In her car, duct taped to the engine block was a 9mm gun and she had knives hidden in books packed in boxes. ..

If she were released, after her media tour and gallery opening... She'd hit the road to finish what she started.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it may well be that neuroscience is not as important as metaphysics, in the end. In that case, the current stressing of it may be a trend: What it is espousing is true, but not true enough, as it were.

I think true altruism may be seen in animals, and is in fact very rare in humans ( egoism, lying, cheating, extortion, dereliction of duty, rampant capitalism and competition : Daily news would seem to point to its being the exception rather than the rule). In cases where people send money to flood victims or help save a drowning person, Nietzsche would say that this is only some community/herd bond instinct.

I am stunned at how quickly people tend to label others or join in contempt for a scapegoat -- to me, this instinct for projection is the strongest human instinct there is, socially.

So yes, metaphysically speaking, there may be some sort of grace versus evil. But it would preclude any emphasis on brain science, as is the current rage. Not that the brain science is not true---but does it have the whole truth, or only a part of it?

Ahha so this is where the action is, hello everyone:seeya: Hello to Sir Cate lol and my friends all, I hope life is treating you kindly.
The other issue with neuroscience is that it's a biological medical model, and a hard science, there needs to be a meeting between the hard and the soft.
There is also some evidence to suggest that trauma may be inherited, and contained in the amygdala, so that might sit between the two polemics of science and metaphysics regarding cause and effect.

Hip2BSquare: it concerns me when mental illness is viewed as spiritual possession. It was not that long ago that seizures were viewed as possession by spirits. The disservice to those living with or affected by mental illness is great when using the term "evil" in a clinical diagnosis. I do not refute the possibility of possession but i do question whom the person is deeming one as evil.

Hey Sir, I agree with you to some extent, but wonder if 'spiritual' (non religious) is true?
Anyone/animal that is abused can be referred to as having a broken spirit, that is the have no connection to themselves. The might have highly critical super ego parents nagging in their minds continually, that prevents them being a whole spirit, and that is a demonic possession of self critical thought that for some is very destructive, but in no way akin to perceived 'demons' and 'possession' in the classical sense of understanding.
Carl Jung, is the only theorist in psych theory who understands the quest for spirituality in psyche of all people seeking relief from broken 'selves'.
A that a psyche exists is a conceptual idea, so it may need conceptual answers from more conceptual places that are not a hard science.:seeya:

I think No, and yes. MOO:moo:

Ahha so this is where the action is, hello everyone:seeya: Hello to Sir Cate lol and my friends all, I hope life is treating you kindly.
The other issue with neuroscience is that it's a biological medical model, and a hard science, there needs to be a meeting between the hard and the soft.
There is also some evidence to suggest that trauma may be inherited, and contained in the amygdala, so that might sit between the two polemics of science and metaphysics regarding cause and effect.
Excellent point. And well said :clap:

Narcissists cannot accurately determine how their behavior rewards/abuses others. They can see that reward and abuse only in relation to themselves.

It's most as if Jodi understood for the first time the outcome/affect she had on the lives of others only when Travis's own 2 siblings gave their victim statements, as if that part of her brain that determines the affect of her Behavior on others didn't fire or click until those statements. Very sad she can determine only her own rewards/punishments/abuse.

I read a quote-maybe on the former armchair thread-?-and it was something about how there is no such thing as a self-aware narcissist.

As my Dad once said: Crazy people don't know they're crazy.

JA doesn't "get" it. She just doesn't. To her, she's normal.

However, I'm not a fan of this bloodthirsty mentality. To me, it is disturbing.

Being a relatively "normal person," it's so hard for me to picture the moment that the attack started :stormingmad: (I suspect he'd been taunted for a while, though). HOW in the world do you go from taking pictures to attacking? It's just unimaginable to me.

But my burning question is, based on what you think her pathology might be, what do you think she said (if you think she talked/screamed) to Travis when the attack started or during the attack. Do you think she said anything at all during the whole thing (or was she too focused on "getting the job done"). If he was screaming, I wonder if she could even make herself heard and if this upset her (darn it, he's not hearing my eloquent speech). You'd think that she would want to say something to him because she didn't just shoot him in the head while he was turned around or sleeping--she wanted him to suffer, and mental suffering/revenge would seem to be most important at all to her. :(

Being a relatively "normal person," it's so hard for me to picture the moment that the attack started :stormingmad: (I suspect he'd been taunted for a while, though). HOW in the world do you go from taking pictures to attacking? It's just unimaginable to me.

But my burning question is, based on what you think her pathology might be, what do you think she said (if you think she talked/screamed) to Travis when the attack started or during the attack. Do you think she said anything at all during the whole thing (or was she too focused on "getting the job done"). If he was screaming, I wonder if she could even make herself heard and if this upset her (darn it, he's not hearing my eloquent speech). You'd think that she would want to say something to him because she didn't just shoot him in the head while he was turned around or sleeping--she wanted him to suffer, and mental suffering/revenge would seem to be most important at all to her. :(
I always believed she DID just want a simple shot to the head, no fuss , no mess (after all, who wants room mates and neighbors hearing a ruckus and calling 911 on you?)>>> the gun must have jammed, and then she went on an OMG panic attack, I must kill him before he runs for the neighbors or screams for them to call 911. I think she was silent and in a frenzy to disable him before 911 came with 2 squad cars and a firetruck.

Jodi: How does it feel to be stabbed in the heart, Travis? That's how I feel...I'm good enough to screw and bang in the butt but not be your wife? *stab* It's okay if I blow you *stab* *stab* but I'm not good enough to be seen in public with!*stab* You want to screw me and take Mimi on the trip and you think that would be okay? *stab* *stab* *stab* You thought you could have me live out your sexual fantasies and treat me like a *advertiser censored*? Well since I *stab* can't *stab* be your *stab* wife you must *stab* *stab* die! I let you nut in my face and it's over between us? . DIE! DIE! DIE! *STAB STAB STAB STAB* *GRUNTING LIKE A BEAST* DIE! DIE!.....DIE! We'll be together in heaven one day. Right now I've got a hot date waiting for me. *shoots Travis in the head*

I refute the possibility of possession. Jodi is very defective human being, an anomaly. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM
Jodi is a mistake of nature. She was born "broken" and for whatever reason, she wasn't taken to therapy or even to a counselor as far as I know. I also believe that had her mental issues been dealt with when she was 14 she most possibly would have become a different person. Unfortunately woulda, coulda, shoulda became DIDN'T. The Jodi in front of us in the courtroom, talking business to a Reporter setting up her interview and the Jodi that tweets (using Donovan as a conduit) is all we'll ever know. I bet we'd all love to find out what really makes her tick. Fascinating, simply fascinating.

Jodi: How does it feel to be stabbed in the heart, Travis? That's how I feel...I'm good enough to screw and bang in the butt but not be your wife? *stab* It's okay if I blow you *stab* *stab* but I'm not good enough to be seen in public with!*stab* You want to screw me and take Mimi on the trip and you think that would be okay? *stab* *stab* *stab* You thought you could have me live out your sexual fantasies and treat me like a *advertiser censored*? Well since I *stab* can't *stab* be your *stab* wife you must *stab* *stab* die! I let you nut in my face and it's over between us? . DIE! DIE! DIE! *STAB STAB STAB STAB* *GRUNTING LIKE A BEAST* DIE! DIE!.....DIE! We'll be together in heaven one day. Right now I've got a hot date waiting for me. *shoots Travis in the head*

Wow! Very, very vivid. I wonder if the accusations that he leveled against her a week before came into it--"you're a psychopath" and whatever that revelation was going to be about her to friends and family? The saddest part is that your scene (above) is missing about 13 "stabs" (to get you to 29). It's still impossible for me to imagine how you could do this to someone. I can imagine seeing it in a movie, but I just can't visualize it in real life. I guess that's a good thing.

I also think that she purposely dyed her hair to freak him out, disturb him, terrify him when she arrived. She had always been "white Jodi," hadn't she? But this time "dark Jodi" was in town. Can you imagine how freaky that must have been? You know someone as a blond, and suddenly they appear in your room with an evil look on their face and they have black hair?

I would find it hard to believe Jodi could keep her mouth shut even while killing. She would be blaming him of course.

Wow! Very, very vivid. I wonder if the accusations that he leveled against her a week before came into it--"you're a psychopath" and whatever that revelation was going to be about her to friends and family? The saddest part is that your scene (above) is missing about 13 "stabs" (to get you to 29). It's still impossible for me to imagine how you could do this to someone. I can imagine seeing it in a movie, but I just can't visualize it in real life. I guess that's a good thing.

I also think that she purposely dyed her hair to freak him out, disturb him, terrify him when she arrived. She had always been "white Jodi," hadn't she? But this time "dark Jodi" was in town. Can you imagine how freaky that must have been? You know someone as a blond, and suddenly they appear in your room with an evil look on their face and they have black hair?

Wow---does anyone remember the old "I Dream of Jeanie" where Jeanie (Barbara Eden) had an evil twin sister (also played by Barbara Eden sporting a black wig)?????

Yowza......like JA!!!!

:scared:

Often what we consider evil/spiritual is What we cannot make sense of or control IMHO.

As we discover the material mechanisms behind what we don't understand or consider evil, we develop the ability to overcome/control those mechanisms.

Last thing I'll say on my opinion of evil in context of psychology and my opinion promise! Lol

Excellent point. And well said :clap:

That's why I love neuropsychology. It bridges neuroscience and psychology and OMG there's Sooooo much we have discovered from neuropsychology and still have to uncover! I will go to a neuropsychogy thread somewhere else as to not get off base here and annoy others! Xo!

I read a quote-maybe on the former armchair thread-?-and it was something about how there is no such thing as a self-aware narcissist.

Interesting you bring this up!

There are two schools of thought with narcissistic self awareness:

The Narcissistic Awareness View

The Narcissistic Ignorance View (originally the most accepted view)

In a recent study, Psychs found that a number of Narcissists Seem to actually have much more self awareness than ignorance.

(Then again, I'd like to know the sex,age,ethnicity,IQ of the participants before taking the study as a definite theory on narcissistic Awareness.)

Nonetheless, the test concluded with the following results:

"Consistent with prior studies:
Narcissists saw themselves very positively (positive self-perceptions)
Narcissists saw themselves more positively than other people saw them, whether the other person was an acquaintance, a close friend, a classmate, or a coworker (more positive self-perceptions than other-perceptions)
As in prior studies, others saw narcissists less and less positively as they got to know them more over time (deteriorating other perceptions)
New to this study, Carlson also found:
Narcissists rated themselves more positively than they believed others would rate them (self-perceptions more positive than meta-perceptions)
Narcissists were aware that others see them more positively initially and then like them less over time (deteriorating meta-perceptions just like other-perceptions)
Narcissists rated themselves somewhat higher on negative qualities that are associated with narcissism (e.g. conceited). That is, narcissists were somewhat aware of their narcissistic traits."

http://sciencereview.berkeley.edu/narcissists-know-theyre-narcissists/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member