Troopers: Texting teen dies in first drive by herself

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://www.wnem.com/story/22276100/person-dies-in-wreck-in-cass-county

She had just turned 16 years old last week, and her family had allowed her for the first time to drive alone.

Savannah Nash was en route Thursday afternoon to the grocery store to pick up items for the family dinner when her vehicle slammed into a semi. She died at the scene.

She was texting when the crash happened, the Missouri Highway Patrol says

FB page remembering her: https://www.facebook.com/RipSavannahNash

This is so sad and preventable - and a parents worst nightmare, letting your teen drive off that first time alone. So very sad....hope you with teens share this story with them.

My heart just breaks for her family. How tragic....my gosh!

Even though it's a LAW here and I refused to do it even before there was a law, I have actually had a couple of people get extremely annoyed/angry with me because I didn't return a text message right away (I was driving). Even when I explain I was driving the inevitable response is something to the effect that I should just go ahead and nobody will catch me.

I don't text while driving (I don't even talk on the phone either, I'll pull over into a parking lot for a very necessary call) not because it's against the law, but because I care for my own safety and the safety of others.

I have always told people, if you don't receive a message right back I AM BUSY OR DRIVING. People still don't get it. I appreciate technology, but I also don't want to be a puppet of it, having to answer calls and respond to things that aren't emergencies. Just because I can doesn't mean I need to.

So damn tragic. I'm so sorry for this child and her family and friends.

This site needs a facepalm smilie.

(watch, I bet there is one and someone quotes me using it!)

Also, some good (should) come of this... all the teens in the general area (should) take heed of this girls accident and refrain from texting when they are behind the wheel. If some choose not to, well, you know....

I wonder what her parents and any driving instructors had her do with her phone when she was practicing? Turn it off? Put it in the trunk? Wondering is all...

I see many many grown women driving and texting or at least reading texts. Many are old enough to have a young teen or kids.

First time driving by herself, and texting? At least no one else was killed. This should be made into public service announcement.

This site needs a facepalm smilie.

(watch, I bet there is one and someone quotes me using it!)

Also, some good (should) come of this... all the teens in the general area (should) take heed of this girls accident and refrain from texting when they are behind the wheel. If some choose not to, well, you know....

I wonder what her parents and any driving instructors had her do with her phone when she was practicing? Turn it off? Put it in the trunk? Wondering is all...

I'd hate to see you lose a bet, so here it is. :facepalm:

Sad....when will people learn driving takes their complete attention?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back