Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the call times...the 1:00 calls to DM most likely went to his voicemail i would think and maybe the 2:00 was LB leaving a message

What was going on in Vegas? What type of work? DM was in Vegas too wasn't he? His gf was there in 2012 at some point.

May have, I was sent a tip to watch tweets there.

I'm guessing if he has been in contact with the police, they might have asked him to remove those tweets as they might have had information they don't want out about the current suspect (s) they are watching and gathering evidence against.

Just curious, but how would the ex-boyfriend have obtained her cellphone records if the police didn't cooperate with him?

Just curious, but how would the ex-boyfriend have obtained her cellphone records if the police didn't cooperate with him?
If he had access to her mailing address, could have just asked for an itemised bill to be sent, maybe ?

She was using his address because she was living in a hotel? She would have needed a reliable address for her bills. The exbf helped set her up in a hotel, lent his ipad to her, and probably was letting her use his address as well moo

My phone is under my fiance name. The bill statement, with numbers, are mailed to our house.

Saddened and sickened that this young ladies disappearance wasn't a big deal back in the day! How does someone just drop off the face of the earth and only 1 person notice or become alarmed. How scary and sad! I hope she IS in Vegas working, although I find it hard to believe that someone gives up every single person they have ever known..but again, who knows the state of mind. So frustrated!

I'm a friend of Laura's from university and I can say that more than 800 people were alarmed when she went missing, as is indicated by the number of people in the facebook group that was created when she disappeared.

Laura and I had a conversation on facebook a month before she disappeared, and I even sent that to the police. Even though all the information in the conversation was vague at best, it painted a picture of something not quite right with the people Laura was telling me about. I wish I could go back and send the police that conversation before her disappearance.

I really hope the authorities get to the bottom of this.

We can thank Toronto Police for the fact that LB's disappearance was not on everyone's radar screen. They completely blew off friends and family. All they did was issue one press release at the time but even that has been scrubbed from the Toronto Police website!

This is absolutely disgusting! I would bet that most police forces in the world would not bury information on missing persons the way that Toronto Police has done. Quite a contrast from how they handle investigations into the murder of gang members. In these cases publicized press conferences and rewards are the norm! Sickening!

Did the family even file an official missing report? I know the ex-boyfriend tried to report it, but was told that it had to come from family.

It could be that LE contacted LB's family and were told that that she was no longer living there and they didn't know where she was. One would hope that after the ex-boyfriend told the family that she was missing, that the family did get involved, but I haven't read anything about it, if they did.

We don't know what the circumstances were, or if they were actively looking for her. It could be that they didn't approve of her lifestyle and she left with bad feelings all around. They might have assumed that she was out there somewhere.

An item of interest that has been found on Tim Bosma thread which is being cross-posted here as it is related to Laura.

Here is the link to the MSM article noting DM's photography work on suicidegirls.com:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

Here is a link for a picture of Laura:
http://capezia.tumblr.com/post/27355038270/missing-woman-laura-babcock-23-toronto

It has been noted in news article today that DM was a photographer for pictures of a woman named Josie that were placed out on suicidegirls.com.

Here is the link for the Suicidegirls.com website with these pictures.

Warning: This is adult material - do not click the link if you are unsure

http://suicidegirls.com/girls/Josie/photos/Cockpit/

This may be something and may be not - being put out here for further scrutiny by all WSers.

Here is a side by side comparison from the pictures as taken from these two sites for comparison purposes:

Attachments

• Comparison of Josie and Laura.png
    Comparison of Josie and Laura.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 136
On the Millard / Bosma thread, it's been mentioned that LB resembles a model on a *advertiser censored* site who was photographed by Dellen Millard in 2005 at a Millard Air plane hangar. Her pseudonym on the *advertiser censored* site is "Josie". (I believe another poster will be posting comparisons photos here. EDIT: I see they have been posted.)

Having looked at the comparison head shots, I think it's the same person. If it is, and her age is listed correctly in this thread, she would have been under 18 when the photos were taken. I'm kind of torn on this--I won't be surprised if her photo shoot disappears from the site soon, but I can't well recommend anyone screenshot/save it, because if she was under 18 at the shoot, wouldn't possession of the images be illegal?

That *advertiser censored* site has been around a long time, it's a commercial venture, but I don't know how thoroughly they vet the models.

Edited to add: I mentioned in the other thread, but the reason I think it's the same person is not just the overall similarity, but other details like the part of the hair, the nasolabial folds (the lines from her nose under her cheeks), what looks to be similar eye color, etc.

Did Laura have any tattoos - any identifiable markings on her body? Body piercing, tattoos, scars, ear piercings and what about dental work type of markings - like caps on teeth - anything which may help to identify her?

Does anyone know what language this is ???

האפליקצייה המנצחת שלכם

Does anyone know what language this is ???

האפליקצייה המנצחת שלכם

According to Google Translator it's Hebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie