One Year Later: Remembering Mickey

I still think of Mickey and Charlie often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickeyShunick-whenshehadpassed_zpsf6811e3b.jpg

Michaela "Mickey" Shunick
May 21, 1990 - May 19, 2012

When she had passed, it seemed like the ceasing of exquisite music.
Evangeline, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Photo from mickeyshunick.com

Mickey, you are often remembered.

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Plus one makes the 21st rose for a 21-rose salute to Mickey!

:rose:

(Websleuths icon limit is 20 I discovered.)

KATC 3 interviewed Charlie, Mighty Mick's sister tonight. Part 2 will run tomorrow night. The family's courage and positive outlook is amazing.

Mighty Mickey still is one my mind and always will be. She faced the ultimate evil and although she lost her battle for life, she ultimately won because her wounds to him proved to be too much for him to cover up. Now he is behind bars forever and will never harm another woman again. I KNOW Mickey saved the lives of future victims. And for that, she is an amazing guardian angel.

Even after all this time (though it is not that long at all actually), Mickey still leaves me with a feeling of awe. She was an incredible force to be reckoned with! BSL got NOTHING from her that he wanted, NOTHING!

I know that her family still suffers in dealing with losing her. It has got to be so heart wrenching. I hope they can take pride and comfort in knowing that Mickey helped ensure that BSL will NEVER make another family go thru the anguish that her family has.

Rest in Peace, beautiful Mickey. You will forever be remembered. You are the very thing that legends are made of.

It's hard to believe that today has been one year already . . . but in some ways, it feels like forever. :( I can only imagine how Mickey's family and loved ones feel. My continued thoughts and prayers are with them.

OAchQij.jpg

At www.theadvertiser.com, today's _Daily Advertiser_ features a memorial commemorating Mickey Shunick.

In addition to the article by Mickey's mother that Crimson clover noted, the issue includes

--a video of reporter Claire Taylor who has been corresponding with BSL since February
--a video of LE's first interview with BSL (mostly conducted in the "good cop" way); those interested in body language and so forth might find it interesting to watch the changes displayed throughout the 9 minutes; unsure about whether this footage has been previously aired
--an interactive timeline of the case that lists the milestones (those who followed on websleuths knew about many more milestones!)
--an article about Lisa Pate (no new revelations)

Thank you for posting this. I think of Mickey often, especially in these past few days. It is heartbreaking to think of how one year ago today, Mickey was vibrant & alive, about to celebrate her 22nd birthday. How could a monster steal it all away? :(
As always, my heart goes out to Mickey's family & friends. May you find peace someday.

One year ago today. if only we could go back in time and change it.

Mickey <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys!:seeya:

Just wanted to peek in and say hello. It's been a year since "The Summer of Mickey."

I drove her bike route yesterday and passed by the Ghost Bike Park. The university has updatted/improved it with lighting and landscaping. Friends had left new flowers in pots underneath the bike.

Also, I ran into Chicken Fried last week. He said to tell everyone hello!

Impondering

Think about Mickey often and am grateful that her heroic fight helped put away that monster BSL for good and keep other women safe.

Did anybody else watch the video of BSL's police questioning? I did & now, I can't get the distaste out of my mouth. To think that was the last person Mickey saw...to think of her fear, terror, panic, pain...it's too much. Her case haunts me. I can't imagine her family's pain. :( Just needed to share.

Fly high, Mickey Shunick. I bet you have a fabulous gold sparkly bike where you are. :)

Thinking of you Mickey. Always and forever your kind passion and zest for living will be on my heart and that blonde curly hair like no other. This earth lost a light among us that day and heaven welcomed an angel.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back