SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the ol...six of us kids packed in the car waiting for half an hour
for mom to come out and take us to the lake to swim. So ma comes out to the car and says "Your older sister decided she coming with us, so two of you get in the back window".....Remember that?!? :drumroll:

OOOHHH yeah...seatbelts were not the in thing back then. Amazing that we survived childhood.

Remember the ol...six of us kids packed in the car waiting for half an hour
for mom to come out and take us to the lake to swim. So ma comes out to the car and says "Your older sister decided she coming with us, so two of you get in the back window".....Remember that?!? :drumroll:

I remember "some people" used to cram others in their trunk and go see 'The Exorcist' at the drive in. lol

Happy Sunday everyone! I'd preface this by saying it's OT but I think that goes without saying on this thread :floorlaugh:

I need some help! I'm going to a 3-day music festival next weekend in Illinois and I have NO idea what to expect. I've never been to one AND I've never been camping! The temps look like they're going to be in the low 70's, is that warm enough to wear a tank top? I don't know what to pack. Any tips or advice? TIA! :seeya:

I would stay home in the a/c.

I graduated from high school in 1976...The Bicentennial year. Of this generation, how many of you had parents who were totally into Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass?

1976 Eureka High School, South St. Louis County

It's no wonder we have the same music.

Herb Alpert was my inspiration to play the trumpet.

Our stage band toured the Bahamas.

Big thrill for a 15 year-old!

Imagine we all can claim a " fog" from 1970-1976, however we do not..We accept ownership , albeit fun, and responsibility....

I remember "some people" used to cram others in their trunk and go see 'The Exorcist' at the drive in. lol

HAHA I saw Exorcist at the drive in. To this day, I'd love to open a drive in but like the old school with car hops. I think loads of people with kids would go cause kids and movie theaters ain't that great. Remember those tire shredder things at the drive in to prevent you from coming in from the exit? I hated those speakers too until they upgraded to the over the radio version.

Happy Sunday everyone! I'd preface this by saying it's OT but I think that goes without saying on this thread :floorlaugh:

I need some help! I'm going to a 3-day music festival next weekend in Illinois and I have NO idea what to expect. I've never been to one AND I've never been camping! The temps look like they're going to be in the low 70's, is that warm enough to wear a tank top? I don't know what to pack. Any tips or advice? TIA! :seeya:

ummm...ok...as a former Deadhead I can help you out here. Pack one pair of jeans, 2 pair of shorts, 3 t-shirts, one tank top, 1 hoodie, 3pair undies, 1 bra, deoderant, toothbrush/paste, small ziplock of laundry soap, hair scrunchies and 12 peanut butter/ jelly sandwiches to trade with other festival goers for what you may have forgot:floorlaugh:

1976 Eureka High School, South St. Louis County

It's no wonder we have the same music.

Herb Alpert was my inspiration to play the trumpet.

Our stage band toured the Bahamas.

Big thrill for a 15 year-old!

Ha ! How many of the ladies twirled the baton? Whatever happened to those? I was captain of our squad ...did the fire and all that stuff...I was just way cool lol..
Anyway my junior year school policy changed and you had to be in band to get credit for that hour and be on the squad. Our band director didnt want to lose myself and another girl and decided to teach us to play the clarinet..
God love that man ! He use to take our reeds away from us for concerts and tell us to fake it !!! After a semester of lessons that is exactly what he did for our lessons...faked it :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Brew with class of '82
Blue devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members