Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is KILLERS attempt to gain sympathy with DB not taking the stand. I really think this is Killers way to get all the attention in the final way infront of this jury. You Know the jury must be mad and exhausted from this and they know Juan is ALWAYS PREPARED!!!

I'm betting the jury is beyond frustrated! Like Jeanie wine throb said! Where's her mom falling on the sword? Where's the MIT lady why hasn't she done anything she's had all this time. Is it strategy or just disorganized DT? What a mess.

Ok, her witness has been threatened. Like that's never happened before. What do they do with mob witness' who are afraid? Didn't Wilmott get threatened by some kook? She still showed up. One witness wasn't shown by face in testifying, If her witness' won't testify it doesn't have anything to do with fear. JMO

I don't think that's the case. The more I think about the more I think there are people begging her to let them speak and she is saying no. I also think that they've already gathered a strategy for mental issues. With her being suicidal, migraines, borderline issues. I think they are going to day that she was a detriment to her own case and appeal.

I think that her mother, sister would get up for her. Daryl was definitely willing.

Absolutely! This is The Jodi Show, in the killer's mind. She's running everything, to her own detriment, as you said so well. It's gonna come back and bite her in the butt......and then she'll blame someone else. ;) That's the killer's MO.

I've decided that the choice to put no mitigation witnesses on the stand was CKJA's and nobody elses. Her family seemed pretty dressed up IMO. Her sister could have shown the jury the t-shirt that her big sis designed to fundraise for a shelter, blah, blah. I wonder if they arrived expecting to testify or to say good-bye?

She never changes. She would make excuses for the most degraded murderer.
She makes herself look totally ridiculous.

Oh I agree she did the same in the Casey Anthony case. She's very into herself if you ask me with her snarks.

I have a question already. Does Jodi's prison have air conditioning or evaporative cooling (swamp cooling) or anything like that?

I know this was asked. I never found the answer.

I don't know how they can stand those 100 degree days.

there is no a/c and very closed quarters.
non-stop noise 24 hours a day

You know, just hit me, what have we heard JA tweeting and saying over and over every chance she gets off the stand.....that the prosecutor is a bully! She said it in the interview following the verdict. I think she insisted that her DT go after JM. She didn't get a fair trial because the prosecutor is a bully.
I don't think JM was in the least intimidating to any of the defense teams witnesses. It appeared that most of the defense witnesses were hostile. But JA has decided it's because the prosecutor is a bully that she got Murder 1. I think JA is pulling all the strings.

This^^^^ This is what the DT is trying to avoid. They do not want the jury to know just what a waste of space JA has been all her life. She made no friends, helped no one, loved no one more than herself, advanced no cause, contributed nothing to life, and did not make this world one whit better for having been born into it.

That is one of the saddest facts of this trial.

Agree completely.

Are there any limitations as to how long JA can talk in this mitigation phase? TIA

Please tell me she can't just ramble on for days and days and days ...

:truce:

Absolutely! This is The Jodi Show, in the killer's mind. She's running everything, to her own detriment, as you said so well. It's gonna come back and bite her in the butt......and then she'll blame someone else. ;) That's the killer's MO.

It's also very rude that the DT would hold Daryl brewer hostage! He's in the hotel lobby waiting to testify and the DT throws a. Hissy and the man is in limbo. He can't leave and he has no idea what's going on.thats very rude of the DT to do this to him.:banghead:

Ok, her witness has been threatened. Like that's never happened before. What do they do with mob witness' who are afraid? Didn't Wilmott get threatened by some kook? She still showed up. One witness wasn't shown by face in testifying, If her witness' won't testify it doesn't have anything to do with fear. JMO

Judge S gave the witnesses the option to testify outside of the courtroom, on camera, sealed. This is a whole lotta blustering BS.

I'm betting the jury is beyond frustrated! Like Jeanie wine throb said! Where's her mom falling on the sword? Where's the MIT lady why hasn't she done anything she's had all this time. Is it strategy or just disorganized DT? What a mess.

I think all their hands are tied by the killer. They can advise her until they are blue in the face, but she's convinced herself she is smarter than everyone else. She's manipulated everyone in her life for so long, she thinks she can here too. The problem is that her family and friends let her get away with a LOT without calling her out on her behavior, I'm sure. More than we'll ever know, I would be willing to bet. That ain't happening here. The jury and Juan have her number. She just won't face the facts.

The court is bound to demand of a convicted felon such as Arias, what she has to say as to why the court should not proceed to to judgment against her. That demand is the allocution (also known as the allocutus) & is entered on the record.

The Moon will be 13°16' Libra when Arias is scheduled for this allocution, and that is a degree of crisis, matters coming to a fraught culmination. The Moon will be moving in the House of her statement, H. 3 and it will be peregrine, i.e., in a Sign where she has no standing. The content of her response to the challenge of allocution will be irrelevant, aimless, pointless & off base because peregrine. None the less, what she has to say will cohere with her self-appreciation because the Moon will trine dispositor Venus in perfect harmony. Deep in her interior, she will be sounding an ode to self, a Jodi Ann love song. Goddess of the bubble bath, the same. A font of talent, a bruised beauty, martyred by a life of abuse. Are you buying? Is anyone?

dunno about anyone else but DB gives me the willies in that interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member