Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the jurors do not agree on Death, say 10 to 2 or 11 to 1, they then would fill out the form saying not in agreement on penalty and then, it is my understanding, the Judge makes the final decision. Does the Judge get to know exactly how close they came to being unanimous before reaching a penalty deadlock and can the Judge use the majority of the vote statistic in weighing her sentence of penalty??? Am I making sense? So if the jury is 11 for death and 1 for LWOP, the judge has to sentence to LWOP or could the judge go renegade and decide Life with Parole even tho the jury was so close to a death verdict. Also, the judge cannot impose a death sentence if the jury wasn't unanimous on Death, correct??

Nothing that DT pulled today was a surprise. They have had years and months overall and a longer span of time since the guilt phase than most defendants have between stages. They have planned out their strategy with every possible outcome scenario, not that the verdict was a surprise even to them. They have been more than prepared since day one. These are just routine filings and contemporaneously trying to make themselves look less like a losing side in the trial. They will blame the loss on the defendant, which is exactly where the blame should be. They did their best with what they had, and have used or attempted to use every lawyer trick in the book. She had a more than an adequate defense. Their only huge error imo was leaving CMja on the stand for 18 days, but how can they be expected to 'control their client' when their client has lived her whole adult life and some of her teens refusing to be controlled by anyone.

There are no issues for appeal that I can think of or remember.

Maybe I should go to the Legal Thread and see if this has been discussed and dissected before I post it here. Hmmm no place to save a Draft. :banghead::banghead::scared::scared::scared::banghead::banghead:

No need to save a draft. Just click on your post #237. A window will appear. C/P that in the lawyer thread.
ETA: Click on the actual # next to the red triangle, to be clear.

I am inconsolable. So many innocent babies dead in OK, and the convicted murderer still holds court!

She is falsity; she is lies; she is an abomination; she is evil incarnate!

Please, God, let this be the day! Let us be done with her!!!!!

I agree. If she does testify tomorrow, I can guarantee one thing. She will bad mouth Travis again just like in the interview. That much I can guarantee she will do.

As we know, there are social relationships of choice where 'like kind' attract and interact with common values/ideas. There is a 'fit'. These disorders DO NOT develop overnight. One would have to wonder about those who remained in relationship with such a personality. Normally there would be 'red flags' appearing. This particular inmate could 'obsfucate' using her high verbal IQ which was probably greater that some around her. IMO due to ineffective relationships, people did not realise how dangerous she was becoming.

Yes. I wonder when the Mormon's came to the door?

So from Spring '06- September '06, she transformed herself into a Mormon trophy wife wannabe.

I wonder if Jodi was a blonde when she was with DB.

Heard she was and that's when she had the *advertiser censored* done.

I just watched the interview with Darrell. he said in the interview that he did not know she was going to Mesa ? Did not he say that on the stand?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130520jodi-arias-darryl-brewer-interview.html

Just carrying this over from the last thread, interview with Daryl Brewer .. I'm still watching it, but what stands out to me is his repeated mentioning of the 'magical thinking' Jodi started to display. I think that is Daryl describing her illness getting worse. It's entirely possible she became worse as she got older.
His interview confused me. He wanted to marry her and have a baby with her...he didn't want to marry her 'cause he already had a child???? Then...they never really considered it...but Jodi did when she became involved with the Mormon Church?? And all of this irresponsibility, this downward spiral...are we talking just a couple of months? They were thru as of December, right? She hadn't been involved with PPL all that long, right?
You have no money, but you move to Palm Desert? Seems to me both of them had magical thinking.

I am not as familiar with all the legalities as most on the board, so hoping someone can explain what the 'stay' was that KN asked for....what was it and in laymans terms, what does it meam? Thanks!

He was basically asking for the trial to be put on hold while he appealed JSS decisions to a higher court.

And that Moon will be approaching her Pluto square Sun: Highlighting Powerful EGO urges, and a compelling need/obsession with leaving one's mark and making difference in the world. Delusionally so...:nuts:

Well then, it's as it should be in the grand plan. She will be her own undoing, as I have thought for some time.

I've always been of the mind to "let her speak."

I don't think DB knew the details of Jodi and Travis' relationship.

Maybe she she was going to AZ but did not specify for what. Remember, she was crossing off the 1000's places to see list on her "road trip".

Well I certainly agree with you that she didn't specify 'for what'. However, she didn't just say Arizona, she specifically told him Mesa and that's what he testified to.

Also, I think it was a huge blunder on his part to give out his son's name today during the interview.

add...
$100/hour to tweet/play with cell phone (I saw her do this during the beginning of the CMja testiphony)

:seeya: Yes ...

Adding another one : $100 /hour and produced NO mitigation witnesses ... none ... nada ... zip ...

Yes. I wonder when the Mormon's came to the door?

So from Spring '06- September '06, she transformed herself into a Mormon trophy wife wannabe.

I wonder if Jodi was a blonde when she was with DB.
His ex wife was blonde. Dr. DeMarte said JA colored her hair to look more like his ex. Same with the boob job, the car she drove, and style of clothing. There is a picture they show of Jodi with Darryl and his son and she has blonde hair.

I just watched the interview with Darrell. he said in the interview that he did not know she was going to Mesa ? Did not he say that on the stand?

Yes. He said, on the stand, she was going to Mesa. Oops for DB.

I wonder if Jodi will be up late tonight coloring an EXTRA special picture to show the jury tomorrow? :facepalm:

Why do I feel like tomorrow is going to be Show and Tell time? :floorlaugh: I can just see Jodi trotting in her crayon tracings to show the jury how valuable she could be to society. I hate having such a hard heart when it comes to her, but she refuses to feel one ounce of pity or regret for killing Travis 3 times over. She seems to think we should all just accept that as a necessity and move on. It's not going to happen. When you take a life, you should lose your life. If a jury spares your life, it's because you show real remorse for your actions. I don't think she's capable of real remorse. She's just that cold. I hope tomorrow is her second to the last performance. If she's given death, doesn't she have a right to say something before sentence is pronounced? If so, she'll be in those "do these stripes make my butt look big" clothes. :floorlaugh:

Wasn't there a DT motion about a witness that Juan was gonna call this week? For some reason I think that witness was gonna rebuttal everything that the dt could offer. I think that is why they changed everything today. Jmo

there was earlier discussion it was Troy from the interview after her verdict. after today he is no longer necessary. moo

The DT and Jodi knew they lost this case long ago (Demarte sealed it along with Juan/Flores, ME). Everything, motion to remove themselves, stay, every motion is for Jodi to possibly get an appeal to her sentence. Jodi and JW starting writing furiously weeks ago. jmo

(Juan did this, Juan did that and others...)

Jodi seemed to morph into the boyfriend flavour of the month's ideal woman image.

She also dyed her hair brown, because, imo Mimi was a brunette. :facepalm:

His ex wife was blonde. Dr. DeMarte said JA colored her hair to look more like his ex. Same with the boob job, the car she drove, and style of clothing. There is a picture they show of Jodi with Darryl and his son and she has blonde hair.

:seeya: Yes ...

Adding another one : $100 /hour and produced NO mitigation witnesses ... none ... nada ... zip ...

Adding anothe one: 100 / hour for whispering in Jodis ear and giggling and laughing during breaks, and basically carrying on like high school immature buddies.

Interesting that DB said that Jodi became involved with PPL, Mormon church and the Secret in the Spring of 2006 and that's when she started to change - I thought she didn't meet Travis until the PPL convention in September?
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if he was trying to make mom's story fit into his own version of events. I believe her dad even said that he saw a change at least 2 years back. Leads me to believe, there were obvious signs of something going on. Maybe DB is having trouble accepting that. It wouldn't sync with him trusting his son with her. Can't even imagine what his ex-wife must think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas