Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got to watch today's proceedings (so this is a little belated) but my ears pricked up at something Nurmi said... He says something about Juan 'attacking the messenger not the message'. Im sure Jodi said the exact same words in her post verdict interview.

Might just be coincidence but it seems a little coincidental to me. If he did quote her, it seems odd to me that he would quote her from that interview when talking about media access being grounds for a mistrial. There's many ways to get that message across, why use those exact words?

IMO I don't think it was a coincidence, I think they have either completely lost control and Jodi is telling them what she wants them to say or that interview was scripted and the DT were well aware of it in advance.

I'm going to need way more wrinkle cream...for the lines that are going to form in my forehead today if JA shows her art work or says some of the ridiculous things I have a feeling she's going to say....I expect a whole day of my face being in WTH? mode....that makes wrinkles....I'm going to be prepared. Get ready for a day of shaking your head, screwing up your face and thinking things you can't say in public....

Morning all,

I promise I will not touch my keyboard when ja gives her statement. I am already grinding my teeth thinking about it. Smh

droid

snipped from Granny717~"someone posted a link to an attorney expert who said something to the effect of: "If you can convince a jury that a defendant abused a dog or a horse, you can convince them to give the death penalty." VERY interesting stuff."

the general population knows in their gut that anyone who abuses animals truly is among the darkest of the dark.... hearing this about a defendant in a DP case would tip the scales to DP imo

Madeleine74:

I don't see anyone really bashing so much as we just can't understand why he's defending her. Okay, maybe she appeared to be a decent person when he was with her but she has now ADMITTED to brutally murdering a man. Doesn't that give him pause?? If not, then something is seriously wrong.

WAIT! So DB did testify? I slammed my computer shut yesterday and haven't read any since then. Why can't I quote?!

Michael Kiefer jumps all over Martinez ONE time giving interviews out the front door of this courthouse. ONCE. Reports inaccurately like this is a regular occurrence- this ONE time thing. Then he is involved in this stunt that he would be ALL over if pulled by the State. I am really curious when this interview was filmed. I'm guessing before court began yesterday or maybe even over the weekend. Yes I do think its all that shady.

That's the 'end' of the OT for me, I don't want to get in trouble before the jury gets sworn in today.

Hopeful One: What I wonder is, obviously her parents saw lots of issues with JA very early on in her life. According to her dad, she seemed to get worse in the last couple years or so before the murder.

Now I watch that interview with Darryl and he had a very grandiose view of JA. But he said he noticed a change in her around that same time. So how come he didn't see any of the bad/crazy stuff her parents saw before this "change"?

...........................................................................................................
Oh I think he saw it...but over looked it...he was clearly charmed by ja and I think he may still be. If he had that DVD that was stolen from her g/parents I have no doubt it is long gone. But I do believe ja has something that he is fearful of being let out. And IMO it is more than the penis picture.
I watched his interview and I think it was carefully orchestrated. I think he is part of the plan..whatever that plan is....but I firmly believe everything we saw yesterday was part of that plan. I haven't a clue and can't even venture a guess about what is expected today. Yesterday was the first time I saw any real emotion for kn....and it was like a little boy who had been denied something. that little boy then threw a tantrum. If was obvious to me that JSS has been more than accommodating the d/t in their requests to seal things, etc. When she said k/n wanted this hearing in open court I thought..what is he up to? I still don't know, but have no doubt whatever it is, is gonna be as crazy as their client. JMO

Not to mention that in the interview DB says he was soooo close to marrying cmja and having a child with her but he barely had time for his son as it was. We all know they had financial issues and unstable housing. He even mentioned the financial issues later in his interview. Also, I have never heard of a parent following the other parent all around when they move to be near their child/children. jmo

I've notified the alien in chief about the board problems and she's working on it.

Hey all!

Something about JA wanting to get married and have children doesn't seem to align with her personality. I don't think she was/is capable of caring for a child in the way that a "normal" person would. I actually do not believe she wanted children, unless she used that as a way to control relationships she was in or as an excuse for leaving DB to gratify her need to move into a relationship with a more lucrative potential partner. I don't believe that she has the ability to love a child, nor any real wish to become a mother. It just doesn't make sense.

Madeleine74:

I don't see anyone really bashing so much as we just can't understand why he's defending her. Okay, maybe she appeared to be a decent person when he was with her but she has now ADMITTED to brutally murdering a man. Doesn't that give him pause?? If not, then something is seriously wrong.
If you're referring to Darryl, I've seen many people refer to him as "creepy" and worse. Not sure how that can be spun into a positive. Frankly, the thing that bothered me most about his interview was his statement that JA didn't get a fair trial--which we all know is complete and total BS.

His interview conflicts with his sworn testimony in that he says he was very clear up-front with JA that he was not interested in getting married again and had no plans for more children. Suddenly now in his TV interview he changes his tune and claims he was close to marrying her. Ummm nope. Sorry Mr. Brewer. You had your chance on the stand to get it right. The jury will go with that since you swore you were telling the truth.

I am beyond disgusted with Nurmi, Wilmott, Arias, Kiefer & Brewer. I understand that JA is on trial for her life. I DON'T understand why it is an option to lie, cheat, sneak & play dirty in order for JA to have a "fair trial" as Nurmi is constantly harping on.

Posted by Liebchenmutti JA has been Queen Bee the entire time--she has called all the shots, including her appearances in the media. JSS has bent over backwards to ensure JA is getting fair treatment, and all the DT has done is underhanded and dishonest stunts.

I'll be so happy to spend my day NOT seeing JA or Nurmi!!

And JA is totally basking in all this drama and chaos that her and Nurmi are creating together. Knowing what she is, and watching her with that evil little smirk on her face yesterday, she is reveling in it! I am holding my breath to see what kind of stunt there will be today. Hopefully, the judge will have had enough of them yesterday and will be ready to shoot down whatever it is. CJA, allocution now or never, then send the jury in for deliberations.

I'm so sick of this murdering lying killer..will be soooo glad when it is all over..but we all know there will be something she gets bored in her tiny cell...why hasn't KY or some other related product begun having her as their ad queen for the backside?.

With all due respect this is simply not going to happen. She's been in jail for almost 5 yrs. Who has she killed behind bars? (answer: no one). She'll be in an even more restrictive prison when this trial ends. She'll be segregated for intake and processing for the first month or so. Is there a claim that Perryville does not have the ability to control their inmates and doesn't know how to run a prison to protect guards, other inmates, and the public at large?
Too bad I can't "double" thank your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans