Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this today by JA.
I was deeply in love with Travis.
I became a Mormon because of Travis.
When our relationship fell appart I wasn't myself.
I never imagined in a million years that I could hurt Travis.
Something happened that day that I will never fully understand.
I often think about going to heaven so I can be at peace with Travis.
Here is some of my art work I would like to share with people.
My parents tried to be good to me and I owe them everything for letting them down.
I feel so bad for the Alexanders and hope someday their pain will subside.

HLN coverage of JA has deteriorated. HLN has become a favorite “Trash Arias” cable outlet. Journalistic objectivity has long since gone out the window. HLN At Night is nothing but a carnival side show where the talking heads gleefully mock and degrade Arias. The levity shown by these so called experts when this trial is at a potential death sentence stage is shameless.
One need not show sympathy for Arias but to continually “hang draw and quarter” her on national TV as is the case with HLN signifies that these HLN sponsored programs have joined other cultural trash similar to the Jerry Springer Show.

The HLN guest lawyers mocking simulations of the Arias last word statement were degrading and unbecoming professional decorum. This kind of performance is equivalent to a 21st century public lynching. (IMO)Pollitan et al are guilty of cynicism, sanctimony, and gross hypocrisy.

SHAME ON HLN.
SHAME ON Pollitan who has lowered himself to the status of a circus huckster.

KMouse "
DB: " I can only speak to my case, it seems to me there has been a lot of harassment and bullying on the side of the prosecution".

Really....so cross examining you is considered "harassment". Ummmmkay

DB feels that JA can still be a productive member of society behind bars. WTH. JA gave up that chance on June 4, 2008. Society doesn't need or want anything from her."

In my opinion, this is the way society is now. If you challenge anyones beliefs, you are harassing or bullying them. It seems to be against the rule of society now to question anyone...because everyone is allowed to have any crazy idea they want. If I truly believed JA was innocent, there is nothing Juan could throw at me that would stop me from trying to save her. Our view of what is right and wrong has gotten fuzzy. What Jodi did was wrong, pure and simple. The fact that she helped someone bake cookies for a fund raiser is meaningless when compared to what she did. Society has changed a lot. There is no wrong or right now. IMO

Thanks Khaki - yes money talks. The question is, who's money ? Mr. Brewer claims he has none so it wasn't his. I don't want to think Nurmi did this, I just don't want to think a lawyer would do this because of whatever reason at the expense of the AZ taxpayers no doubt. It seems possible to me the murderer could have once again arranged an interview, even if it wasn't with her. Some powerful aged fish associated with this interview IMO.

Super TMO said: Emergency petition for what? A mistrial again? I think they will throw everything at the wall today in a last ditch effort. Dumb move. KN and JW should just focus on salvaging their careers by finishing this off in a dignified way.

That ship has sailed. They have dam*ed themselves for the love of money and worship of Jodi.

Arrgh on the broken quote feature..makes it hard to make sense in a reply. I'm outta here and headed up,to court. Wonder if Brewer will be in the gallery now that he's been used for his interview style testimony.

I don't get what is in it for DB. I really don't.
I am with the others that think that he knew way more in 2008 than he told police.

I would sure like to see his phone records and emails between last Thursday and yesterday.

The emergency petition is a special action to have Judge Stephens recused. It won't happen.

I suspect...actually I believe...Mr. Brewer was asked by the DT to do an interview. Why? Well let's think about it. They get his statements out in the world, they believe some portion of the jury is following this case in the media, and in essence it allows Brewer to "testify" without being in court or being cross-examined. Brewer, who has no desire to see JA get the DP and in fact is hoping she'll only get LWOP, knows this is his one and only chance to help her and he goes along with it. He still cares about JA, which is his motivation.

Quote from TXProfessional: (quote button still not working for me)

"So what does everyone think, will she...

not give a statement today
ask for the death penalty
make a very long statement
say I'm sorry"
(bolded by me)

I will be shocked - SHOCKED - if she doesn't go this route and do a "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille." She's like Casey Anthony in that she relishes the attention. Can't see her going down for the count without a fight.

Really hope I'm wrong!!

ILikeToBendPages

Morning all from Dallas, yesterday was another terrible day for Moore Oklahoma. I lived in Moore many many years ago (before we moved to Texas) and spent many nights in a storm cellar. If you can, please donate time, money and blood. You'll never regret it.
My son went up there early this morning with Operation BBQ and to help with clean up and to feed as many as they can. They'd appreciative any and all donations of time and money.

http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/donate

Bless your son. I donated. And while I had my Paypal open, I sent some to the Alexanders as well. :heart:

sacrablue: I see this today by JA.
My parents tried to be good to me and I owe them everything for letting them down.

:sick:

Posted by Sacrablue:

I see this today by JA.
-------------

She may take this route, but say it with that weird "I hope I look like I'm crying but I'm really just happy!" face on...

I'm not bashing, just curious.
A man 20 years older than his trophy g.f. That alone makes me squick.
I wanted to marry her..but my son came first..
what a guy..

Meanwhile, back in her holding cell...
"Warriors...Come out to playeeeee....

Between the memorial (personal) this weekend and six flights across this continent, I've missed a bit. Did Daryl give any reason for not standing up for his prior lover? And this harassment claim; someone mentioned don't we care? Show me proof of harassment and then we can talk :) I mean that too; what harassment? She didn't show because she realized she would have to face cross exam and her whole life would be put under a microscope. Her drug abuse claims or issues would be front and center ergo; the jury wouldn't have been able to believe her.
This defense team, my assessment has not changed: Worse I have ever seen.

GoAskAllie: Did you watch/listen to his interview? DB explained why he chose to go on camera after requesting that his face not be shown during his testimony. Nothing nefarious about it, IMO.

I've seen two of his interviews but didn't hear that. Is there yet another one floating around? Or is there a full-length one with all of this stuff in it? TIA.

Addressing the Jury has seen coverage: Not Possible. What happens on a jury if a juror HAS seen or heard anything and that info comes into that jury room all the other jurors would out that juror because they would have info no other juror had. It's nonsensical that any "defense" team would "think this". JMVHO

Sorry, my quote function isn't working, so I did this by hand:

From his interview it appears that DB is an easy going type of guy. I'd say he showered Jodi with attention when his son was not around and that is why they never had problems. Plus he added maturity to her life and kept her on an even keel. Travis was not as mature as DB and unable to handle Jodi. Big difference, too, was the fact that DB let her live with him.

I've heard several of the TH shrinks on Dr Drew's show say that Jodi mirrors the group she wants to infiltrate. DB seems like a level, hardworking, measured sort of guy, and Jodi mirrored those traits while she was with him. She was good at it, and she was apparently good at maintaining the facade until a different guy/group attracted her attention and she started to mirror PPL/Mormons. From his perspective it probably did seem "out of character." But those changes didn't seem out of character to JA's parents, who really knew her.

When a witness lies on the stand, should we dismiss this because they are not the defendant, they are just testifying for her?

If family members sit in the courtroom and laugh and smile and smirk while the victim's family are admonished to make no expressions, should they be off limits for comments, since they are not the perp, they are just related?

I didn't understand this forum to be limited to discussing only the defendant. It seems to me anything that goes on the courtroom is fair game for discussion, so why are we not allowed to have opinions about these other components of this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73