Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot get over they JW was continuing to act like the jury had accepted the abuse/"snapped" excuses for the slaughter. It's like she wrote this before the verdict (or as Jodi would say, "verdick") came down. Does she not acknowledge the jury found JA snuck into AZ to deliberately end Travis's life??

That survivor t shirt will certainly get her the death penalty. How bizarre was that?

MTE. Especially since this jury is the one that found her guilty of premeditated murder and believer her "survivor" crap is just that! Crap!

"KILLER" would've been a more fitting t-shirt.

I'm pissed Juan couldn't bring up her interview since the defense didn't present any witnesses and JA did not get on the stand. :banghead:

I don't think it will be today. I think this jury is smart and takes their job seriously. This is a big decision.. I think they will not come back til at least tomorrow.

<i>Her hair was below her waist a couple months before trial? And she's donated to Locks of Love3 times? </i><p> I noticed that lie as well....The minimum they will accept is 10 inches - and of course they would have left some hair on her head...so they say average growth is 1/2 inch a month - (plus her hair is now long again so if she "donated" it must have been awhile)......

It is so frustrating that CMJA and the defense team finagled those delays after the Alexander family's emotional victim impact statements. After seeing that murderer's show and tell presentation, it's clear more than ever they wanted to put as much distance as they could between the Alexander's pain and JA's delusional plea for her life.

I was appalled by her showing all those photos of her and her family trips in Hawaii (really hard life for her eh?), smiling with her friends, ex boyfriends...ugh! The Alexander's didn't get to show all the wonderful images and adventures of Travis, only a few for him but she goes and acts like she's campaigning for president! She is disgusting and I hope the jury remembers it. I hope they have the tears of the Travis' family and their VIS still fresh in their minds!

What is the big deal about 'designing' that shirt? It's just a tee that has the word survivor on it. It's not like she made her own shirt with a spinning wheel (she is just like Gandhi, dontcha know?) and then hand stitched that word onto the fabric.

Ya, no kidding. When someone says that they designed a shirt, I expect to see something creative. Like the "puffy shirt" from Seinfeld. Now *that* was a shirt I could spare a life for!

Yes-it was the one where his throat was cut-sorry

I thought so. I guess I just hoped he wouldnt use that one anymore. It upsets the family so much and there are other photos that he could use but I guess he's making sure he delivers maximum impact to ensure the jury remembers why the death penalty is on the table. Still, my heart breaks for the family having to still endure those awful pictures. Hope the jury comes back fast with their verdict. I'm sure the family is ready to be done with it.

Lord I hope jurors realize that ALL murderers start with their first crime...this one was HERS! by injecting herself and leaving evidence behind she got caught before she could do this again!!! please realize this...she may not have been convicted of previous crimes before this one (doggy boy has no one to speak for him) BUT this was just the FIRST one that she happened to get caught cuz she's NOT bright at all. She would have continued had she not been caught...jmo

Let's not forget she was caught with a gun and a couple of knives secreted in her getaway car. Amazing that that couldn't have been entered into evidence for the mitigation phase.

Just now on HLN JVM. Wilmont threw JA's parents under the bus during closing. Yet they are the one reason the jury may sympathize to vote for LWOP. Now how does that make sense?

Hard to tell when she yells so loudly, but I think that was her point. The defense had a slim-to-none shot using the Arias family to get sympathy for Jodi and yet the defense threw that shot under the bus saying they were bad parents that didn't get Jodi the help she needed, treated her horribly, grounded her repeatedly for no reason at all......blah blah blah.

So what's up with Nurmi's body language? Just totally pizzed off about everything? Sick to death of the whole ordeal? Bored? Disgusted by his client?

That survivor t shirt will certainly get her the death penalty. How bizarre was that?

that was an unbelievably BAD MOVE!!!!

as was willmott bringing up ALV during closing (does she really want the jury to think about alyce???----and ALSO pointing out that dr. samuels also found a personality disorder when they argued against that very thing tooth and nail for DAYS!!!!!!!

The idea of Jodi Arias "contributing" anything to this world scares the absolute HELL out of me. As far as I'm concerned, the only things that JA is capable of offering to her fellow inmates are lessons on how to be a more effective liar (even though she's a terrible liar), how to be a more convincing sociopath, how to work a more successful con (even though she's failed in all of these endeavors).

She's already demonstrated that she's a lying, self-serving narcissistic murderer.

She's been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (for which her defense attorney JM blamed her parents - I call total BS on that accusation. IME, there are plenty of people who are diagnosed with BPD who bonded with one or both parents during their formative years, and who were not "abused" as children.).

I'm outraged that JM blamed JA's parents. JA's heinous murderous actions are on JA and JA alone - regardless of a diagnosis of BPD, and regardless of the etiology of the BPD.

IMO, this murdering sociopath has NOTHING of value to offer society.

Not once in ANY of her journal entries that I saw did I see any spanish words...NONE! I DO NOT think she speaks or writes spanish. The only spanish she owns is Arias in her name...that's IT! Teach spanish...pfft! When we get upset (latinas) we instinctively cuss in spanish and we express our written thoughts in spanish at some point or another...it's just how I have always seen it. JMHO

She studied some Spanish while at the Estrella Jail. She's by no means fluent in it or qualified to teach it, but she could pick up a textbook and try.

:seeya:

I got a kick outta her saying she WOULD do this, that and the other during her life in prison, but "didn't have the time" to do anything BEFORE because she was "preparing" for trial....for FIVE years, mind you..."don't cha know"??!!!
(And I just LOVE when JM says that...he snuck one "don't cha know" in today...LOL)

AND, maybe it's just me, but IMO, she did NONE of those things during those 5 years 'cause she STILL had that same old "no jury will ever convict me" crap whizzin' around in her fog.

Is it just me or during FJA's allocution did it sound like she was speaking as some sort of mentor to female inmates rather than the inmate she is? She's not a mentor, she's not special, and she's not a redeeming person whatsoever.

Yes she was reminding the jury she is special, she would be teaching those inmates, not be one of them. For crying out loud, a recycling program? Does she think she is Brubaker sent in to reform the prison?

I thought he was perfect--the jury knows all the elements of this case. He just had to point out that since there are NO mitigating factors, the jury has to find death.

JW was too high-pitched and rambling. I don't think she had much to work with!

Exactly. He pointed out how every single mitigation factor they used was not really a mitigation factor, and even if the jury wanted to consider it, those factors had nothing to do with the horrific crime anyway. He consistently brought it back to the crime and the law. I loved his matter-of-fact delivery. I love Juan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4