Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to distract myself....Watching some tv and posting here.

I feel like a fool. Why do I assume that most everyone on here is male? The few that I assume are female turn out to be male. :waitasec::dunno:

FEMALE :seeya:

Really... Truly..

Maybe the jury just wanted the instructions on that point since the judge had given them some other ones earlier and they just wanted to clarify that as a just in case situation occurs.

If those jurors cannot look over at the family of Travis' in tears vs Jodi in her pony-tail sans glasses now, sitting there all smiley-smirking and decide justice is death for Jodi. Will they ever get the way she sawed at Travis' throat out of their minds? Lured him in that shower, intending to shove that knife in his chest? Stomped his lower legs along with slashes to keep him in the shower? Stabbed the back of head and back while he cough up blood at the sink? Shooting him in the face...to give the illusion of two intruders? (Was she setting up Chris and Sky?)

She had not come up with the two intruders lie until over a month later after being arrested on July 15th, 2008.

She also had not come up with a domestic violence/abuse story until two years later, and then added the pedophilia angle as an embellishment.

She has proven to be a poor liar and a bad (sloppy) murderer.

But I still believe that she was preparing to kill again as she had loaded up another rental car with new higher calibre gun and several knives, but the cops picked her up for questioning before she could "go quietly into the night" to continue her new lifestyle as a (now experienced) murderer on the run. Her next victim(s) would be dispatched more efficiently, since she already had one murder under her belt.

Think I'll astral project the serenity prayer to the jurors:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Emphasis on "wisdom," please! If ever a case screamed out for the death penalty, it's this one.

That was beautiful

from old thread:

well, i believe talking about it and doing it are two very different things for some people. i can say it would be easy for me to give her death, but i'm not on the jury!!

and juries can do what they want. they can nullify----they can just do what they feel and not even follow the law. they CAN do that. the OJ jury certainly did.

they may agree on something. we just don't know. but what i DON'T want is some juror calling KN next week and saying they got strong-armed into voting for the DP and now they regret it.

trust me. we do NOT want that.

This is interesting because this is not the first or even 50th thing I would think of. It's not black or white.

The usual way to convince a juror is by logic and evidence, no? This jury has seemed reasonable from the get go, and thoughtful. And now they're capable of 'strong-arming'? Not IMO.

I still think a juror who is weighing with the heart and not according to the law is not DP qualified. Because logic in this case suggests that there are NO mitigating factors. If the juror can argue there are, that's a whole other story.

katiecoolady
"Just held a prayer circle outside the courtroom for strength to handle whatever comes #solidarity #AlexanderFamily"

So many friends are with you all in spirit and praying from wherever we are Katie! :please:

:floorlaugh:Male. Why do I feel like a Mouseketeer?

Here is the actual question:

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

Trying to distract myself....Watching some tv and posting here.

I feel like a fool. Why do I assume that most everyone on here is male? The few that I assume are female turn out to be male. :waitasec::dunno:

LOL. I know I was one of the ones you assumed was male. But I know what you mean I think WS is predominately female.

Lets not second guess this jury or heap complaints on them. They've taken this case and their duty very seriously. They've also been intelligent and sensible. Their task can't be easy. It's hard, but please lets be patient.

LindaMatson ‏@It_sLinny 30m

@katiecoolady God be with the grieving. Let this end
Retweeted by Kathy Monkman
View conversation

Retweet
Favorite

Tess46 Tess46 ‏@tess46 26m

@katiecoolady Let Alexander's know our collective hearts are heavy and holding them all up.

Sherri Hiebert ‏@Sheryl1112 3m

@katiecoolady praying with you. May the peace that passes all understanding enter within

Fatima4Maria ‏@Fatima4Maria 2m

@katiecoolady My kids and I are praying for the Alexander family and that the right penalty is given. #Justice4Travis

Off Topic:

For what it is worth, there is also a verdict watch going on in the Shaniya Davis thread. Her killer was equally as monstrous and equally self involved. He has spent much of the trial making origami creatures out of post it notes. Guess he is an "artist" too. :burn:

LINK HERE

I don't know what to think anymore.
I have decided not to read any sort of meaning into what happened in court today.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18. "

I. am just surprised that they gave this decision so little time to decide they could not agree on the sentencing. One would think this would not be an easy decision and it would take perhaps days----why come back within hours so certain they were hung. It is like they just ran out of steam and decided to punt.

Not at all what I would expect from this jury.:moo:

Your user name is very appropriate for this jury lol and I agree with you. I'm thinking justice will prevail.

It makes me ill to think she may live to a ripe old age. I will admit I'm not horrified by the idea that one day, in prison, she'll annoy the wrong person and learn what 29 stabs (albeit with a shiv) feels like. :facepalm:

Remember, in her post-conviction interview when she wanted death she kvetched about how awful life in prison would be because longevity runs in her family and she's pretty healthy and she doesn't smoke so that would be really terrible for her to live a long life. Well I don't think those factors have changed so her new found goals of recycling and book club leadership make life in prison seem like a real joy. She does not deserve a long life of being self appointed Oprah behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong