Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on HLN that if a hung jury & new penalty trial, it might have to be held somewhere besides AZ. If so, We here in TEXAS would like to volunteer.

The court tweeted the question- I have faith that it was a question-

https://twitter.com/courtpio

Someone please tweet to Vinnie Politan.
HLN is running with "the jury can't come to a unanimous decision.'

and also tweet Katiecoolady. She can contact the Alexanders. Maybe they are suffering needlessly.

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

I have a question. How does MKiefer know the exact content of thr note? He didn't give a source in the article.

BBM maybe this doesn't imply that they are done with deliberations? Just providing a status report? Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

OP cites AZCentral with this information...

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

I wonder if anyone is reading the above quote like I am...

If I read the above quoted information right, it looks like the question may be related to confusion as to the forms anddocumentation process in the EVENT they cannot reach a unanimous decision, RIGHT?

Yes...that question came in pretty fast--i think its entirely possible that they were still going over instructions....moo

Had Chinese for lunch today

My fortune cookie says "good news will come to you from far away".

So I M determined to take that as a good omen!!

The note sent to the judge said, 'they were unable to come to an unanimous decision'....not a question...a statement....Keifer is WRONG....go back and listen to it. I wish it was a what if...but it was not.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 2h
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

I think it's kind of odd that the jurors were seen carrying in bags of food, as if they expected a long day. Then the judge calls them into the courtroom to read the instruction that she missed yesterday. Then only a short while later they sent the note saying they couldn't come to a unanimous decision -- it's not as if it were a long amount of time. I find it hard to believe that they came to this conclusion so quickly. I'm wondering if, like some have said, it was just a question of what if, not that they can't. It all just seems bizarre to me. On the other hand, I can't imagine the judge misreading what they were implying. :dunno:

Oh! About Jodi stating thT she will never have children of her own. Bull crap! I promise svery last one of yous (yes, I said "yous") that Jodi will become pregnant by one of those correctional officers. She will then sue the State and get a lot of money. We will never hear the end of Jodi if she doesn't get death. Please don't think that Jodi will not be able to squeal like a cat with a man again.

I thought the same thing!!!!! She will live her life in jail, just as she did on the outside. A leopard does not change it's spots.
:stormingmad:

How YOU doin'?
:floorlaugh:
:blushing:

Seque...
You're killing me...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

...but... Darling naive Rose...
I think there are maybe 8 total men on this site...
Darling emu man, sweetie sleuthy...and majestic mr. Midnight being three...

I don't think the judge would say 'I understand your hung' if it wasn't the case.

If I read the above quoted information right, it looks like the question may be related to confusion as to the forms anddocumentation process in the EVENT they cannot reach a unanimous decision, RIGHT?

I agree but I also concidered what the court tweeted. I need a nap!

https://twitter.com/courtpio

"By Michael Kiefer The Republic | 12 NewsWed May 22, 2013 1:28 PM

Two hours into deliberation Wednesday, the Jodi Arias jury informed Maricopa Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens that it was unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison. "
Also, he has been wrong on the facts of this case, many times He has it wrong. Trust that the judge knows how to read and take what the judge says verbatim and throw away any MK reporting as amateur at best.
MOO[/QUOTE]

Re snip from the article- what exactly is he referring to in that Nurmi pulled the plug? What does that mean??

Well, sad to say but it looks like there is going to be a hung jury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take is they felt deadlocked and were asking which is the correct way to inform Judge Stephens, via note or verdict form

But I'm no lawyah, TX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member