Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH called to tell me that he is stopping at Costco on his way home because I am out of Perrier that I drink by the boatload. I think he'll get wine, too ;)

He's listened to HLN on his car radio and is pizzed that this jury can't come up with a verdict. We both agree that this will give Jodi more impetus to do continuous media interviews. Jodi continues to play her wicked game of chess as she manipulates everyone around her, and she knows exactly what she's doing. No doubt that someone on the jury was smitten with Jodi's "power point performance" yesterday and thinks that her life should be spared. Borderline at its best! :furious:

Haha. On HLN JVM says everyone is afraid to leave to go to the restroom in case they might miss something. Come on people, I predict at least 30 min before verdict would be read if there is one.

"Nobody believes a word out of your mouth...why do you keep talking?"
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

"I didn't kow you were a hater when you came to interview me..."
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Good for Ryan Owens! No cream puff interview. No kissing her @ss.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549

OMG I love this! Ryan Owens is my hero! I wish all the interviews could go like this and maybe she would shut her gross diseased trap!

no!! because CA is a free woman, and JA never will be again. NO MATTER WHAT THE JURY DOES!!!!!!!

:seeya:

True, but she is deserving of the DP. If she is in general population she will have more freedom than she deserves in my mind. I thought this was going to be slam dunk. I guessed wrong.

If Jodi lives, we have seen a sampling from her interviews and her appearance in court after the jury left the room today (the que sera sera) of how "not remorseful" she will be. I have never hated her as much as watching her have "a good old time" talking to the officer in court. I wanted to give her an ounce of compassion yesterday after her speech...but forget it!! If only the jury saw how she acted out of their presence.

"Nobody believes a word out of your mouth...why do you keep talking?"
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

"I didn't kow you were a hater when you came to interview me..."
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Good for Ryan Owens! No cream puff interview. No kissing her @ss.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549
It seems she is really clueless as to how she is perceived by 99% of the population. Has everyone somehow kept that from her?

Per Co Atty's office:
#jodiarias jury deadlocked in am
*Judge tells how2 proceed
*Jury hangs - Co Atty may pic new jury
*DP phase do over

***From Live Streaming site tweets.

Ok Rose..after deductive sleuthing...I think king tut and jayb12 might be male...he,he

BBM

Is that a laugh or repetitive use of correct pronouns?

For that double meaning, I give you a...

:clap:

I'm choosing to believe that it is a good thing they are still deliberating. Going to make a pitcher of rum & coke to fortify and sustain that happy thought.

Loving you for remaining faithful to the first four letters of your name...cheers!

Remember all the things we know that the jury doesn't? [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513[/ame]

You still have friends??? I lost all of mine during this trial :floorlaugh:

they're probably like mine. if they're not into it, they just kind of give you the side eye and stay away a little. :floorlaugh:

i had my best friend down during closing arguments. she is not a trial person. she's a real person with a job and a life, unlike me. LOL. i just got an email asking me what's happening with the trial. so sweet of her to ask because i know she thinks it's crazy but she loves me so she pretends to be interested!!

I've put on 50 pounds...I'm still pissy. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thank you kindly for that laugh. I needed that. I have been sitting here worrying when I should be working. :blushing:

Ok, Ok, I'll go smoke a cigarette. Just for the cause. :)

This case wasn't complicated enough for this long of a deliberation.

rule and "feeling sorry" for Jodi or her family or whoever instead of just doing their job. I hope there are strong and articulate jurors who can use the facts and jury instructions to convince that juror or jurors that they have to follow the rules as they had promised to do. It's hard for me to construct a logical argument that would have any of the mitigating factors the DT used overcoming the aggravating factor of cruelty. And none of the mitigators are in any way related to the crime so they are, of necessity, of lesser weight. In other cases, mitigators have to do with the actual crime and may have a person playing a less prominent role than another and use that as mitigation. Here, there was absolutely nothing the DT could point to that was related to the actual crime that was in any way mitigating.

I have unhappy that the DT put on no witnesses as that really inhibited what Juan could say and do in his closing. I think it was unfair that he was not allowed to argue lack of remorse and that there isn't an additional aggravating factor of maligning and disparaging the victim. The DT manipulated the process so there was a long time between VIS and deliberations. I just really hope there are serious jurors left who aren't burned out and who will take the time to walk holdouts through the facts and law so they can achieve a unanimous verdict.

i hope you're wrong. if you're right, someone is making up their own case in there and not considering what they were actually given to work with.

i just have this feeling there's one or two women who feel bad for her mom or something like that.

i just wish they'd resolve their differences one way or the other so the circus can leave town!!

I just have to say this....if this goes for retrial of the sentencing part, I don't think I can watch anymore. I don't think I can go through this again. And imagine, I'm just a stranger...imagine how Travis' family feels. I feel sooooo bad for them now, I hope the jury comes back with the right verdict for them.

I haven't gained weight because it's been about 5 months since I ate real food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48