Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and that officer was just falling completely like prey falling in the hands of a tiger. I am just thinking that he must have spaced out during the whole trial b/c I SAW him sitting there day after day but apparently he didn't HEAR anything.

Doesn't he have a gun (no innuendo meant)? He's also got the stun belt button. He can smile at her all he wants. He still has the capacity to take her down, and she's stuck with a golf pencil.

Seque...
You're killing me...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

...but... Darling naive Rose...
I think there are maybe 8 total men on this site...
Darling emu man, sweetie sleuthy...and majestic mr. Midnight being three...

You forgot Bobloblaw, he's a verified male-despite our gender, I think we're on this website because we care about justice....

Wait. Really??? Do they get conjugal visits on Death Row? I know some prisons allow them for married people who have a chance to get out of prison, but I thought people w/ life sentences or on DR aren't allowed? I also thought the prisoner had to be married or living w/ the person for a certain period of time. Yuck I personally don't think conjugal visits should be allowed at all.

I agree as it relates to people on death row or LWOP.

I guess for all others who are married, I could see allowing the wife (or husband) to visit. I believe that would also be crushing to CMJA. We all know how she enjoys her time adjusting people.

The shelf life of the Oklahoma tornadoes tragedy on HLN was about 4 hours and that was only because CMJA's trial adjourned early that day so they had "free time" before evening programming. :facepalm:

ITA there's so much going on out there in OK, so many stories to be told, people need help, the town levelled, kids lives lost, but the community has shined bright.

I'm not sure HLN has covered any other story since January. Maybe the Boston Bombings got a few days. I remember when they were a "News" Station... sigh....

HLN isn't covering the tornado(es) (there were several others that same night and next day across several states), but other national MSM are going into overtime with it, thank goodness. Our local networks are really covering every aspect. Of course we are fairly close as the crow (and sadly as the tornado) flies. Our town was even mentioned on ABC this morning because we got so much damage from the remnants of the Moore storm. AND we have debris that no doubt got blown here from Moore. :(

As for HLN, they are dead to me and have been for awhile. They treat these trials as if they are just more versions of Real Housewives "reality shows," and it is disgusting.

He didn't have conjugal visits....found a secluded corner in the visitation room and...

and how kind of ted to leave a young woman in the world who knows her father liked to rape and murder young women.

:stormingmad:

It would have been nicer had he said in response to being a hater "why yes I am".

Actually the appropriate response is, "Can you rephrase that? I don't speak 12 year-old."

Why did Steven and Samantha not say directly that they want JA to get the death penalty? Were they not allowed?

I just hate that JA can give pre-sentence interviews from jail still flogging her poor little me story..she's disappointed in her defense team, disappointed with the jury verdict, feels like the media's been trashing her and thus prevened her from getting a fair trial...it's unbearable. And still alluding to Travis' behaviors being the reason for what she did - as if any reason could minimize or condone the slaughter of a human being. I think the jury should have freedom to hear all of this so they can make a more informed decision. I wish....

Quote JA interview last night she said "death penalty would be revenge, not justice". Egad, does that chick have chutzpah!

I'm assuming "Einsteen" missed the chapter about "Hammurabi's Code"....whoopsie, my mistake, things like that are irrelevant in JodiLand if it doesn't serve her purpose.

I am confused: these two posts contradict each other. Are they really from the same poster?

LOL! I know, my wheels are turning over what the question meant. I think my second theory is right, FWIW. That's just too early for this jury to call it quits.

Dana Perino just said Re: Arias trial..

She keeps going back & forth about Death I don't know I'd rather die than see her again!

LOL thought I'd share ;)

May I entertain you all with a story?

I was on the phone, paying a credit card bill. I was speaking with the rep and she said she was originally from the same state as me. She continued that her husband was in the military and they settled in Phoenix. Small World huh? I told her I was watching the trial and she knew the jury was still undecided. We talked awhile and she finally said " I wish they would just give he the death penalty and get it over with". She hated that it might cost the state even more money if the jury remains hung.

Best time I have ever had paying a bill!

It seems she is really clueless as to how she is perceived by 99% of the population. Has everyone somehow kept that from her?

She thinks they are talking about someone else....of course.

Geesh. JA is just so smug in her interviews last night. She's loving all the attention. I wish I could wipe that grin right off her face. Come on jury...vote for the death penalty! We're waiting. :banghead:

I kind of disagree with my friends on here who think that life would be a walk in the park for CMJA. Prison isn't jail. And guess what? After the sentence is meted out and the next big trial comes to town, CMJA won't be able to beg people to interview her. She will be a forgotten relic someplace. I hope that isn't what happens, but I have to live with the fact that BTK isn't on death row, so I can live with Jodi buried in a prison somewhere for the rest of my life, if I have to.

ITA. I have a female relative who has had several incarcerations in both jail and prison due to drug addiction related crimes.
Jail and prison are a WORLD of difference, my friends.

Jail = people waiting for their trials and possible release or transfer to prison. The inmates are there for shorter times;
*bonded out quickly
*released after trial (time served) or found not guilty
*transferred to prison after conviction.
The majority are in for "non violent" crimes; like drugs, shoplifting, dui, financial crimes, etc.
Most just want to get their cases decided and move on with their lives.

Prison= Many who have been there a LONG time already. They don't take well with a "newbie" coming in thinking they are the queen diva or gonna change the status quo.
She will be mixing with many who are violent and, if they are in for life, have no real reason to reign that in. They have little to lose if they already have life. Yes, they can go to "seg" for a stint if they assault another inmate but honestly, many of the long-timers appreciate the occasional solitude and break from the chaos of the dayroom.
It is true that there are inmates who have done horrific crimes that are actually quite docile and meek once in jail, but the majority would rather hurt you physically than allow you to feel "above" them or to have anything they perceive as "special".
My relative was in jail with Marilyn Lemak (docile, meek and very self-protective) but most were more like Jacqueline Annette Williams who doesn't "look scary" but is a very cruel, mean and violent person toward other inmates.
JA is in for a very RUDE surprise. (although for the first few years she will be alone until she earns a lower security level and if given, DP she will never truly mix with them).

http://murderpedia.org/female.L/l/lemak-marilyn.htm
http://murderpedia.org/female.W/w/williams-jacqueline.htm

Well, we just hit the time I was predicting they would come back with a verdict.

However, the longer they are out now, I think the better the chances are they will reach a verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher