Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Really??? Do they get conjugal visits on Death Row? I know some prisons allow them for married people who have a chance to get out of prison, but I thought people w/ life sentences or on DR aren't allowed? I also thought the prisoner had to be married or living w/ the person for a certain period of time. Yuck I personally don't think conjugal visits should be allowed at all.

Florida may have at some point. It doesn't now, as far as I can tell on line. Neither does Arizona.

As of now only California, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, and Washington allow any conjugal visits, and then only to prisoners NOT on death row.

http://crime-punishment.yoexpert.co...states-allow-prison-conjugal-visits-3543.html

In those states, the visits aren't a right, they're a privilege. In Bundy's case he was married to her; Jodi is currently single although there are people out there who marry inmates so who knows.

From what I can find on line, currently no state allows conjugal visits on death row. Bundy's wife got pregnant well over 20 years ago, closer to 30, laws may have been different then.

Geesh. JA is just so smug in her interviews last night. She's loving all the attention. I wish I could wipe that grin right off her face.

Speaking of smug, did you see that smirk on JW's face when the jury was leaving after JSS sent them back to deliberate some more...I wanted to slap her so bad! Especially after seeing Samantha, Tanisha, and Steven in so much distress at the same time. Also, I'm sure she said something to KN about Samantha...Not a lip reader, but I could swear she said Samantha's name to him as the jury was leaving...Right after that, she asked if they could approach. Probably to complain about the jury seeing Samantha sobbing....so "prejudicial", dontcha know?

An adenoid is a useless gland. I'm a useless man. Subtle distinction.

Useless? Not by a long shot my friend, you keep this forum up and running all the time! You're probably the most useful member here.

Thanks for all you do!:rockon:

I'm going to be away from a tv and the computer for the next several days. Is there a text alert available so I can watch on my phone if there's a verdict this week? Thanks!

(If not, would someone be will to text me? Pretty please? :) )

You guys reminded me yesterday I went to folks house to scan some docs..

I looked at time I said OH I got to go it's 9:15 court starts in half hour (hee hee) and that Murderess going to speak.. My Step mom put on HLN at like 9:50 I said DT still not in courtroom I should have enough time to get home before starts and left..

Last night had to go back re-scan docs (don't ask) and Step Mom says.. Yeah you left TV on & on HLN I come in here your Dad is watching that woman speak I said What are you doing? Dad said Watchin news She said No you're watchin HLN to which he jumped up said What?? Where's my FNC? <insert :panic: > that he thought the people talking weren't regulars :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

That happens with me and my mom too. She only watches FNC and when I come over and change the channel it throws her. A couple weeks ago I was over and put on this show about choosing wedding dresses. She came in the room and after a bit said, "This is a WEIRD segment."

Is this what you r looking for?
https://twitter.com/courtpio

No, another poster said that the County Atty's twitter was saying that the prosecutor was going to pick a new jury because this one was hung. Stating it as fact.

The twitter I found is the County Atty's twitter. It has nothing about the jury.

The one you provided is for Superior Court. . .and they haven't stated any of the things the other poster mentioned either.

Story from KPHO:
http://www.kpho.com/story/22378720/jury-says-they-cant-reach-unanimous-decision-on-arias-sentence

Story from Keifer:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

Juror instructions from Judge if they have Questions (start @ about 9:45):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1PE4YhP-h8w

How is Keifer privvy to what Juror questions are to the Court? Beth Karas explained a long time ago that the media will not know when or what the questions are from the jury until they are discussed in the courtroom IIRC

I have a question. When the jury works through lunch will they quit at 3:30 instead of 4:30 today?

I really think this trial has caused me to not sleep as soundly as I normally do, I wake up exhausted every morning..
The thing is, I don't think about this case nonstop to the point its making me stress over it, when its done for the day I may watch one of the nightly shows Dr. Drew but that's it..

I Can't wait for this trial to be over with

I'm going to be away from a tv and the computer for the next several days. Is there a text alert available so I can watch on my phone if there's a verdict this week? Thanks!

Just sign up for CNN news alerts or CBS5 in Phoenix or ABC15. You'll get a text, probably an hour or so after the actual reading, if the history holds true from the guilt phase verdict.

I'm going O/T again..

I'm disturbed by what alleged attacker said on Amature video of 'hacking' British soldier to death in middle of London street. He said 'I'm sorry you have to see this but our women see this in our countries all the time.. You have to get used to it'

Sorry that worries me that we may have many more individual attacks happen than 'big' events. IDK? Worries me little.. I know O/T just had to say something..

Back on thread..

Jury was just askin have faith in Jury that has made good solid decisions thus far..

NO, No, NOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I quit this past January?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I will "vape" for the cause, and ignore you enablers!!!!! :floorlaugh: mmmmmm, "Peanut Butter cup" Ejuice, yummy, and you kids have to suck stinky sticks, he, he, he!

I've been chomping Nicorette. I don't like gum, but it helps. Here, take one. :seeya:

can say ANYTHING she likes as can her lawyers but not the victims. Of, no, their statements are circumscribed so as to not appeal to the passions of the jury. They cannot indicate what punishment they prefer.

Why did Steven and Samantha not say directly that they want JA to get the death penalty? Were they not allowed?

IIRC

Yep, Ted didn't have official visits. He won a lottery among the prisoners. They pooled their money and bribed the guards to let him take his wife behind the water fountain in the visitors room.

OMG that is disgusting. I did not know that happened. What is wrong with people????? AND why would anyone want to have a baby with this man?

I've thought JA's tried to portray her prison self as Karla Faye Tucker who WAS executed even though she had reformed herself.

I think that is EXACTLY what she is doing! Dang...wish she was here in Texas...BAM!

hln: "we've got a hold of another interview,take a look at this!" *sigh* I can't take more of her talking, talking,talking. Taking a break. I'm loving the posts here though :)

I need a cocktail. Any suggestions?

Premeditated extremely cruel murder sounds like DP to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni