Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the smokers on the jury have left to smoke in a while

HMMM-I don't think I could go that long without a smoke

esp on a case like this

The conversations must be heated! :floorlaugh:

you know it occurs to me that the folks who run prisons and jails are not so fascinated with jodi...jails and prisons everywhere are filled with women just like her....

remember bambi bembenek? the manson brides, susan smith, susan polk...

she's a run of the mill con artist, jodi will have many friends in prison, because in prison reality dosn't matter...people can chooseto beleive jodi for their own reasons, sort of like choosing to be straight when you know you are not...you can choose to go along with jodi's fantasy of innocence...even though you all know it's a lie. because everone in prison is innocent,

so who cares...

just get her outta here...

One of the interviewers from last night asked her about when Juan was cross examining her on the stand. When he asked about her not backing down from him, part of her answer included "because I was secure in MY truth"

You'll notice she didn't say she was secure in THE truth, just her truth.

She never thought she had apologized.

Juan had it right.

It's not her fault. Someone... anyone... everyone else is responsible.

We're the ones who didn't hear her apologize.

See, that means it's our fault.

She has lived her entire life this way. When someone challenges her she says they're crazy, calls them weird, dumb, stupid, etc. for not remembering things the way she claims they happened.

Her own mother believes that the murderess was/is a genius and couldn't be challenged on anything. Example she gave Det. Flores: How could someone butcher-slaughter a man and then come home and behave normally like nothing happened? [Ergo, she obviously couldn't have done it.]

The murderess lies as though she believes it. So that when you don't, it's your fault, not hers.

It worked with the prior boyfriends for a few months. The sex helps.

It worked with Darry Brewer for four years, until the sex went away and so did she.

It worked with Travis off and on for a year and a half.

But when the sex wouldn't 'turn' Travis to her permanently she had to make sure that he went away permanently.

It's starting to rumble outside here too.
Sky is getting creepy looking.
Severe thunderstorm warning issued here too. (same state as you are)

Once this front passes thru ... Temps will drop pretty dramatically for the next week (highs in 60's and lows in 40's)
My lawn needs the rain badly and the farmers were hit so hard last spring/summer ... 90% of cherry and also high # of apple crop were lost.
Think I'll just hunker down here ... Stay safe!

My weatherbug went off for SE MI. I'm in a basement apt. It must have thundered, it knocked this horrible dish tv out( back on ). 1 thunder that's all we got.

Don't have all the links and can't get them right now because I am ellipticallling (word or not?!), BUT I have a theory about the jury's ? This AM:

If you watch the judge reading jury instructions on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 2 starting at 14 min (final jury instructions), she reads the paragraph quoted earlier in this thread about letting the judge know if they are not unanimous.

Then watch when the judge gives the final, FINAL jury instructions about the verdict form on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 4 (rebuttal and charge to the jury) starting at 10:44- there she describes three boxes for the jury to choose from to check for their verdict (death, life, or "no unanimous agreement").

iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification.

Also, someone earlier posted that they asked "at this stage" in the note to the judge - I think they meaty have meant "at this phase" - ie during the PENALTY phase ("stage") do they let the judge know if they are not unanimous as they would have done during the GUILT or AGGRAVATION phase ( verdict forms on those did not have a box for "no unanimous agreement" IIRC) or do they check the daggum box on the verdict form?

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

Sorry if this is crazy with typos - hard to elliptical and type on iPad "contemporaneously".

Thanks for this. I'm going with this line of reasoning till we get some major news.

Question? Why do you all think the jury came back after just a couple of hours saying that they could not come to a decision?

NO, No, NOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I quit this past January?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I will "vape" for the cause, and ignore you enablers!!!!! :floorlaugh: mmmmmm, "Peanut Butter cup" Ejuice, yummy, and you kids have to suck stinky sticks, he, he, he!

Vaping is soooo awesome and more gratifying, Love my ejuice!

Remember all the things we know that the jury doesn't? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513

Gauntlet I respect you very much! You are one of my favorite sleuthers!:seeya:

I cannot get over what the jury does know...
Verdict 12 - premeditated M1
Verdict 12 - Especially cruel

I'm might just be a little old school, like medieval old school. :blushing: I do not know the Alexander's, but they have demonstrated the nothing but the true definition being the of the salt of the earth, and I want nothing but justice for them. With everything that is happening in our society today, I feel strongly that every jury should know that they are responsible for setting the precedent for future cases. This case causes a social FEAR because of the "what if it happens to someone I love."

Jodi did not play the "I might have some BPD, or a touch of some mental heath issues." She went straight for annihilation of the victim, and thinks its ok because she has a defense that says its ok. I was fortunate to have parents (that are by no means perfect!) that taught me right from wrong, and when I thought I was smarter than them I had other teachers in my life that taught common sense. Jodi is a product of our vastly changing social environment where there is no accountability anymore. If a jury isnt able to give the maximum punishment for one of the maximum un-holy's, were in for a bumpy ride. I know that the DP is not a part of every state's law, but she left the comfort of that state behind when she went on her mission to AZ...:moo:

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

SBM. Yes a few of us have raised those thoughts now. I hope we are right :please:

Just need to say ...just because one doesn't get the verdict or sentence that one wants does not mean our system of justice is broken. It just shows that different people see things in a different way. We are guaranteed a trial by a jury of our peers. If this criminal is sentenced to life in prison then we will all just have to accept that. :moo:

Accepting might be a little easier to accept if that happens. Prison officials are watching her behavior. They have a cell waiting for her. They said there will be no book clubs or contact with other inmates for jodi. The same rules will apply wheather she gets life or death. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she finds out.

I don't think they were allowed to

But Steven's comment about not ever seeing her again was a major hint for the DP IMO

Yet CM was allowed to say that her friend was there last week to testify on her behalf but didn't return this week "because she and her nine-year-old daughter were threatened and harassed if she came back to the state."

It seems like this was a way for her to tailor the DT's strategic decision not to call any mitigation witnesses.

Okay so it's been awhile since the jury question, and they are still deliberating (worked through lunch, skipping smoke breaks) so I think we can safely assume that they are there to see this through. Didn't JSS say that they could ask the attorneys for help with any issues? If so, it doesn't appear that they have asked for any further help. No news is good news.

First post : ) I quit almost two years ago. Vaping Black Cherry Marshmellow right now LOL!

Congrats on your first post and on quitting!

Welcome to our group Rosepetal, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

Less than an hour left to this day...come on jurors, fill out that paper, get it to the Judge and let's get the Death Penalty rolling here! She could be in Perryville before 10pm!

By the way...anyone take a look at Jodi's mess of hair today? Yeah nice uneven BANGS! Yet I'm sure she still thinks she's "smokin' hot." What an evil wench. I feel so sick about all this. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23