SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now - I am watching Dr. Drew and they are showing part of the ABC15.com interview.....
Interviewer: "What were the last words Travis said to you?"
Jodi: " I don't remember theeeee, it was just idol chit chat, the pictures you know.. oh no, that one's good we'll keep that we'll delete that one... it was just COMMON STUFF ...."

:waitasec: I thought she TESTIFIED TO:
The comment about a 5 year old can take better pics - then the last words being 'F-in kill you bi$ch.'

Hummmmmmm - interesting slip up there!

I think they will come to some kind of a resolution tomorrow afternoon. I cannot imagine them leaving and heading off into a 4 day weekend, w/out telling the judge what is up. They will either 'hang' or come up with a verdict by tomorrow afternoon, imo.

I agree with you 100%. I think that prosecutor on NG was right in that 7 hours isn't a long time to deliberate over a DP case.

The jury is fully aware of how tightly strung the Family is right now and if they can get a unanimous vote before the close of business tomorrow, they're going to do it because I know they don't want to make the family wait for yet another long weekend only to have no verdict to offer on Tuesday.

I think they decided before they left but they're all sleeping on it tonight.

A unanimous decision is coming tomorrow to send her to DR.

My family jokes that the new wing on the hospital was paid for by my family! Six older brothers and, later, two younger sisters - there was always someone needing stitches or a cast :) We grew up in the country and there was just SO much to explore!
I remember two of my brothers had the bright idea of starting two model cars they built on fire so they could crash them together and they would stay smashed together after they cooled. Such a "great idea" until the fire didn't go out and the porch floor was destroyed! Just another day in our life :floorlaugh:
Gotta give my mom credit - although she spent at least half her time wanting to beat at least one of us to a pulp, she took it all in stride in the long run!
:floorlaugh:

You've got me beat! I'm the youngest of seven, with three big sisters and three big brothers, but my closest brother in age is ten years older than me.
Being so much older, my brothers were very protective of me, but one of them "hired" me to help him with his paper route when I was 4 and he was 14. I helped him by sitting in the basket of his bicycle and handing him the papers to throw. I still have flashbacks of him speeding over the hilly neighborhood while I bounced up and down in that basket, holding on for dear life.

For that, I was paid one piece of candy a week.

Hi Rosemary :seeya:

Busy week so I have been sporadically on and off the boards. How is Kyle? How are you?

He's actually good today, of course they don't start the chemo until tomorrow and it will run for 48 hours. MM, I am worn out. I have moments when I lose my chit....but not in front of him.

What the heck is up with Jodi's cause of wanting DV victims to document their abuse? Uhh...say what? If you care so much about DV, why don't you encourage victims to leave?

So in the rare circumstance that a victim has to kill their abuser in self defense, you want them to be covered? Sounds legit.

LOL Klackers. The object was to hold he metal ring, and moving your hand up and down (I'm not making this up), swing the balls so that they would klak up, then down, continuously.

The actual result was often facial injury, scalp lacerations, broken teeth, and occasionally, exploding klacker balls requiring trips to the ER. This is why they were banned in my JHS. Oh, that and the fact that Bruce Lee was really big at the time, so using them as Nunchaku was particularly popular.

I had to get in on this and relieve my stress from this circus. :banghead:

My mom used to work in a factory in NJ where klackers were made. She would bring home al the rejects including the ones that missed getting the string put in, we aways tried to think of what we could do with those as we had boxes of them, my thought back then as the "hippie" I thought I was , was to somehow make a window using all the pretty stringless balls :floorlaugh: Needless to say it never pnned out.
Its kind of ironic that Klackers were brought up ,because my husband and I had a discussion about them last week, as we were
packing for our vacation, he mentioned he had found some Handi-wipes in a box , yes, over 40 years old, my mom also packed those at the same time they packed Klackers :drumroll:
The whole thing brought back such great memories for me as a teen, especially memories of my hard working mom that worked hard in a factory for our family to make ends meet.
And by the way, Mom did NOT like us playing with the Klackers, it was one of those sayings that she"d say " no one will be happy till you put someones eye out with those", So of couse we would wait till she went to work to try them out. :facepalm:

Evenin' All:seeya:

2 things-

1) Is the observers thread closed or on lock down? I went to see if KatieCool had posted yet tonight and it said I did not have permission to access:scared:

2) FrayedKnot I was laughing when I saw your post on the last thread (Cake or Death?). My son and I were literally doing that bit last night!
Except we always do the guy who chooses "death" first...

"You! Cake or death?"

"Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..."

"You said death first, uh-uh, death first!"

"Well, I meant cake!"

"Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!"

Wish Eddie would do another stand up special, he is hilarious.

Hi Rosemary :seeya:

Busy week so I have been sporadically on and off the boards. How is Kyle? How are you?

(((Rosemary))). (((Kyle))).

I haven't been on much, but I have been thinking of you both. :loveyou:

How about the swings with the metal seats held by heavy chains. I remember one summer day being at the park at the beach. It was male cousin and I and we met some other boys. We all went on the swings, standing not sitting of course. I being the only girl had to go higher then all of them. Well, the chains buckled and I fell off. Flat on my back then sat up a bit to look back and BAM. I got hit right in the head!! Knocked me right out. That's what I got for being a show off. OUCH:floorlaugh:

OH MY GOD that is so damn FUNNY!

My 12 yr. old has cancer. Lol, that's funny because he asked for coffee earlier.

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Now I recognize you-- you posted that cute video of yourself watching the verdict. Sorry, I'm bad with names, but that was awesome. I have a daughter almost that age--I can't imagine--and I send you all of my sympathetic support via wifi and Tapatalk.

That's how I feel, too. I have sorrow for the families and am skeeved out by JA, but I became SERIOUSLY uncomfortable over some of the uber angry posts and what worries me is that there are posters tend to "follow" the lead of those posters who are lashing out at people who are NOT Jodi Arias.

JA killed Travis. Nobody else. Not Kiefer, not Judge Stephens, not ANYONE. Jodi the murderer did this. Nobody else.

Steps off soapbox. :(

WORD. Thou is wise.

In other news, guess who has massage therapy tonight? :D

well now - i am watching dr. Drew and they are showing part of the abc15.com interview.....
Interviewer: "what were the last words travis said to you?"
jodi: " i don't remember theeeee, it was just idol chit chat, the pictures you know.. Oh no, that one's good we'll keep that we'll delete that one... It was just common stuff ...."

:waitasec: I thought she testified to:
The comment about a 5 year old can take better pics - then the last words being 'f-in kill you bi$ch.'

hummmmmmm - interesting slip up there!
good catch.

Well now - I am watching Dr. Drew and they are showing part of the ABC15.com interview.....
Interviewer: "What were the last words Travis said to you?"
Jodi: " I don't remember theeeee, it was just idol chit chat, the pictures you know.. oh no, that one's good we'll keep that we'll delete that one... it was just COMMON STUFF ...."

:waitasec: I thought she TESTIFIED TO:
The comment about a 5 year old can take better pics - then the last words being 'F-in kill you bi$ch.'

Hummmmmmm - interesting slip up there!

Yes yes yes thank you....oh idle chit chat is right cuz Travis didn't know he would be slaughtered....ugh she is evil

Her words will seal her fate.....

Surely I'm not the only WSer of a certain age who played Mary poppins by jumping off the roof holding an umbrella?

I landed on my butt in a shrub but the boy whose roof it was broke his arm.

Then we invented a new game that involved sliding down the tin roof of the toolshed sitting on wax paper - we were smart enough to drag over an old mattress to land on. Fun and games until I sliced my arm open on the tin edge.

Never did the "Mary Poppins" :floorlaugh: , but I did convince my friend that we should play "Batman" and rappel down his chimney. :floorlaugh:

We ended up buying a good rope from the hardware store and rigged up our own 3-point harness around our waists. Then we attached 2 ropes around the chimney, and used some old T-shirts stuffed at the corners so the chimney would not cut through the rope from our weight. Then as we slowly worked our way to the outside of the chimney, we both were doing great until the 3-point harness gave us the worst "wedgie" we have ever expereinced. We rapelled down super fast like pros. Not because we wanted to, but because the wedgies were killing us. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Evenin' All:seeya:

2 things-

1) Is the observers thread closed or on lock down? I went to see if KatieCool had posted yet tonight and it said I did not have permission to access:scared:

2) FrayedKnot I was laughing when I saw your post on the last thread (Cake or Death?). My son and I were literally doing that bit last night!
Except we always do the guy who chooses "death" first...

"You! Cake or death?"

"Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..."

"You said death first, uh-uh, death first!"

"Well, I meant cake!"

"Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!"

Wish Eddie would do another stand up special, he is hilarious.

Quite simply. FUNNIEST. Comedian. Ever. :floorlaugh:

And I have a huge crush on him. Don't tell Mr. Knot!

and walked away for a while. I had missed a lot of exactly what happened earlier as I was, darn it, working. After looking around more and using some rational thought I decided it was more likely than not that the jurors just had a question.

They had been deliberating a very short time, less than 2 hours. That is the time when they would be reviewing the jury instructions. I'm sure at this point they have a process they follow which likely involves first understanding what they need to do. That's why it took longer than people thought it would for the aggravation determination. I think they first make sure they understand exactly what they are supposed to do and only then begin to undertake the task.

I'm not sure they will be back tomorrow either although they might. Their two prior decisions showed, to me, a jury that goes through the process and doesn't just vote on their "feeling" or conclusions.

Anyway, thanks to the posters who gave me the idea that the question was likely an "if". Putting that in the context of the prior jury behavior it seems really unlikely that they would pronounce themselves deadlocked after less than two hours. I maintain my faith in this jury.

Im really sick of hearing....."deadlocked" and "the jury's not gettin along" seriously....I've eatin an entire bag of pizza rolls...2 choco tacos.... AND smoked an entire pack of cigs watching this coverage. I can't stand how they blow everything out of proportion. Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288