SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the time the snow is gone, until it comes back- i'm in flip flops. :seeya:

Me too!!! That is so funny... (but I've also worn them in the snow too! My husband hates it!)

The jury was sent back to deliberate after the question. They didn't come out. That's a very good sign so far. I'm just glad they didn't come back today. I hope it goes on as long as they need it to but think we might have an answer tomorrow. I sure hope so. Claifying the death penalty needs questions asked so it's good for now to me.

Thanks Elle Elle!

IMO Travis has very nice clean groomed hands. The penis hands are just not...

I've been the foreperson a coupla' times and sat on a murder trial jury. In every case, the jury wanted to go over the instructions before the first vote to be certain our discussions were not forbidden in some way. After putting in the time and attention for the whole trial, no one wants to screw it up on some technicality. I think this jury is really trying to bullet-proof their verdict and even though it may seem "simple" fromthe gallery, reading and discussing the instructions is time consuming. If some juror(s) needs some convincing to feel OK about the death penalty, it will take time to hear from other jurors and questions may come up. Let these twelve people do their job. I will be OK with any outcome because they are the only ones who have to live with their decision.

i just realized who Jodi reminds me of! Rodney Alcala! Same diagnosis too... and a photographer.. only difference is, Jodi got caught right away.

Snipped by me and replied to KCL on the other thread. Sorry but I don't agree KatieWick was the only one to discover this.

Who cares who discovered it? Does it appear that KCL or KW needs a pat on the head? All she was trying to do was get information out.

If I remember now; Juror #18 is a good-looking blonde woman. :what:

I think some jurors are getting ancy.

My whole thing with the is the jury deadlocked or aren't they is: in their note to the judge, they specifically ask WHAT FORM TO CHECK OFF if they can't reach a decision. Now let's say this really was a what-if kind of question, but then why would they ask what form?? I mean, why go so specific?

This is my personal theory: That the foreperson quickly realized there were one or two who were going on a path that he/she didn't want them to go on...what I mean by that is that if he/she had let the deliberation drag on that way, he (i'm just gonna use he b/c I think we're assuming its no 18?) knew they would get nowhere. That these one or two would eventually lead them to nowhere-land. And he wanted to nip it in the bud and kind of shock them into realizing HEY, FOCUS and get on board with the rest of us. SO he suggested let's send a note to the judge.

snipped by me:

Jury: Your honor we have reached a verdict. The defendant is to be given the death penalty.

JA: Whaaaa? You just said yesterday you couldn't agree!

Jury: Yeah, well, you see... we REALLY meant it when we said it but we've had "a change of perspective" since then...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yeah, not funny imo. Not even the tiniest little bit funny. jmo

If I remember now; Juror #18 is a good-looking blonde woman. :what:

I think some jurors are getting ancy.

Juror 18 was known as the Artist. Male who had a sort of sketchbook type binder underneath his notebook. Observed to have his hand on his chin a lot and hardly took notes.

That's just what I needed to hear. It's the shoes, it's all about the shoes. I knew I was right. Different clothes need different shoes. We can't both be wrong. :floorlaugh:

A friend gave me good advice on packing. This method is the Most Critcial first, and then work your way backwards from there.

She said you first fantasize dressing yourself from naked to your final main outfit and place everything on the bed.
Like underwear first, then socks, then pants, then shirt, etc.

Once you have the main outfit layed out on bed, then just replicate it with however many copies of outfits you need. Lets say 3 sets for a week.

Then, throw in extra pairs of underwear and socks ONLY for the extra days because the outfits can be re-used, but underwear cannot.

Then go right to main KEY things like billfold and/or purse, money, passport, etc. which are your main key items that you absolutely have to have to get on and off plane and rent a car. Once you have those things,

Then, it is just a matter of the extra hygiene products like toothbrush, combs, etc.

Dont pack the suitcase until everything is out and you are all done because you dont want to have to try to remember if you packed it already. And if there are any items you need to use during the day before you leave, just write those down on a piece of paper and be sure to pack them before you leave.

Here's what I do but keep in mind I'm an organized type person. I go by categories: grab your undies, socks, stockings, etc. and make a pile. Then think about your jeans, shorts, tee shirts or whatever you wear with jeans and shorts and put them in a pile. Then think about slacks and blouses and do the same. Then dresses, etc. I keep my slacks and blouses on a couple of hangers to avoid wrinkles. After the clothes are picked out, get your shoes together and handbags. Then get your make-up, medications, shampoo. etc. and put those in a tote. Hope this helps!

That's just what I need, someone organized to guide me. I become overwhelmed very easily. I am going to put this and some other practices gleaned here from my fellow websleuths, to use.

Oh, and something else you mentioned that I really like, is that you used plurals rather than singulars when you referenced shoes and handbags. That means more than one, right? Yes, now I am tremendously relieved. :giggle:

Samantha was really hurting today. That was hard to watch. I'm exhausted from the case on my part from a great distance. Sending whatever thoughts of strength I can.

I am looking for the clip they keep showing with Jodi talking to guard in court today using her hands

OMG have you seen the video of that? They had video of it for about 2 minutes, it was after JSS read to them some jury instructions she had missed earlier (NOT the heart-attack inducing time when camera were on during the jury "question" or note or whatever it was)....CMJA and the officer were laughing and carrying on...it was mostly CMJA doing the talking, but the officer seemed to be very receptive to what she was saying and also laughing. CMJA was doing a lot of motions with her hand, and you could tell even just from the video that she was flirting with him, and he is after all human, he was falling for it.

BBM~ ITA. This is not a slam dunk case; and there are crossing their T's and dotting their I's.

I've been the foreperson a coupla' times and sat on a murder trial jury. In every case, the jury wanted to go over the instructions before the first vote to be certain our discussions were not forbidden in some way. After putting in the time and attention for the whole trial, no one wants to screw it up on some technicality. I think this jury is really trying to bullet-proof their verdict and even though it may seem "simple" fromthe gallery, reading and discussing the instructions is time consuming. If some juror(s) needs some convincing to feel OK about the death penalty, it will take time to hear from other jurors and questions may come up. Let these twelve people do their job. I will be OK with any outcome because they are the only ones who have to live with their decision.

Yeah, not funny imo. Not even the tiniest little bit funny. jmo

Didn't mean to offend anyone.
It is satirical based on JA's "change of perspective" on whether she wanted the DP or not.
Obviously I don't expect (or want) the jury to actually do this) it was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname