KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Finally back after a long long day at the courthouse.

I worked this morning and came out of my last session to find a ton of texts about the "deadlock", rushed down to the courthouse to find my pals in fight or flight...we all ran back upstairs and immediately held a prayer circle, led by Katie Wick in a small hallway. She led a beautiful prayer and we tapped in to the collective good energy and prayers coming from around the world and to be led in the ways to be supportive and helpful to the family in all the best ways.

So we were just mingling, talking to various journalists from Beth Karas to Jeff Gold to WildAboutTrial (who got me in a fit of hysteria over the word "blouse" asking me "What is a blouse? I thought it was a bird").

I was standing over at the wall charging my phone with Katie and we saw this article Kiefer wrote which included apparently a verbatim account of the note the jurors sent out, including the signed "foreperson". I found that odd as no other journalists were reporting on this set of details and usually notes like that are NOT released to the media/public. I'm sure you all know my feelings on Kiefer and of course I lean to thinking someone from the defense wanted that "out there" so they got that info to "their man".

Anyway, suddenly Katie turns to me and says "have you actually read this note?" and goes on to have this lightbulb moment asking if I thought maybe the jurors were just asking a question about the instructions, clarifying how they are to handle things if certain decisions were made/not made. Not necessarily saying they were THERE but how to handle it if they ever GET THERE.

Here is a copy of the note as Kiefer reported it:

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

So it caught my attention and we sat there kind of chewing on this idea, the timing, etc. What we realized is that with the timing of how things went down today, is that this note/question came in about 40 minutes after they started deliberating today. Kind of a quick timeframe to get "deadlocked". What if they were just asking a question? Not indicating they were not in agreement!

We discussed it with another journalist who kind of poo pooed the idea as, apparently it was just drummed up by lowly "trial watchers" and not REAL JOURNALISTS (I'm not gonna name this person but not one of my faves and in Kiefer's back pocket imo). He actually got a bit aggressive when we were having the audacity to question this. He showed us Judge S's words on his cell phone but we kept saying "but that's not what the jury said!". What they asked was IF they are deadlocked. A whole lot in those two little letters.

IF

So we float this idea to both Beth Karas AND Mike Galanos (super nice guy) and Ted Rowlands who are all ears and saying "you might have a point there!". Imagine that, a journalist who is listening and open to a new idea than the one they've wedded themself to.

Lo and behold, on Dr. Drew, Beth Karas floats this exact theory! We coached Katie all thru the dinner hour to say this on Dr. Drew which she did! Even though Beth had already suggested this idea.

All the hystrionics and drama today abated in one little two letter word.

So we ended up dining with Harold and Tanisha, I talked to Sam on the phone...they are all doing ok, all things considered.

I also passed messages to them from Janine Driver and Wendy Murphy that came my way...and a sweet message about God from our dear Jayarohh.

After we left I think we were all feeling pretty good.

I DO NOT THINK this jury is "deadlocked". I think they will reach a verdict tomorrow and sentence Jodi Arias to death.

I'm told that every juror looked in the direction of the family today when this went down as they left the courtroom. Jodi's family was not even in the courtroom. This is all good. I have never seen them do this even once.

Let's all keep breathing and surrounding this jury/family/ourselves in all the strength we can muster. This is where the rubber meets the road.

I'll say the words that said to my friends the moment I saw them today.

Now we have to dig deep.

Now is one of those life moments when you understand how strong you are.

Sweet dreams all.............:seeya:

Ya know, I thought...if the judge was interpreting the "question" incorrectly...what was the jury supposed to do...say, "Hey Judge, ...um, that's not what we meant." (LOL)
I, too believe, that it was WAY too early for the jury to be "deadlocked". I pray tomorrow will bring the truth.

Have a wonde4rful DINNER DATE tomorrow night. :loveyou:

I so love all of you here! I don't post much, as I'm always playing catch up and reading non-stop.

I'm really quite sad that this small portion (well, not so small) of my life is almost over. I don't wish for more crimes to sleuth, yet I do wish for more roof-top happy-hours with crime 'sleuthers'!

I'm so sad this is all coming to an end, yet so glad this is all coming to an end. Does that make any sense? :dunno:

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”
Assuming this version of the note is accurate, the judge's reply was rather baffling.

1. First of all, I don't understand why she didn't read the question in open court once the jury was back in the courtroom. She had previously done this for all juror questions in every other phase of the trial. (Perhaps it was because this was not a question for a witness.)
2. Secondly, why was her statement to the jury in the form of an 'Allen charge' made if the jurors were posing a hypothetical?

All I can figure is she may have inferred that the question from the jury meant they were deadlocked and they wanted to know how to proceed -- i.e., what is the next step.

Or is our dear Katie Wick showing more attention to detail by emphasizing the word IF?

Perhaps we'll learn more on Thursday given how important this point of contention appears to be -- especially to the Alexander family.

Regardless, kudos to Katie Wick for raising the issue.

My posts do come with a disclaimer at the bottom of each and every one. I think pretty much everyone can read it, including Kirk Nurmi in his "close reading" sort of style. :drumroll:

And we LOVE your opinion!

(we'll be sad if you don't have the time/energy for updates but we TOTALLY understand... Plus, we can still find you on twitter!)

I'm pretty much a newbie here and don't say much. But I can so clearly see the fatique in others that I feel in myself. I want so badly to get back to my life. KCL, your posts have meant so much to me. I don't trust the talking heads, except Beth. So getting your take on things provided me with such a down to earth perspective. I guess I want you to know that by doing this for us, you have provided such a service and comforted many. Don't let the few snarky ones drive you away!! Trust me, many times your words helped keep me grounded.

As far as the Jury note, does it matter? It's done. We will find out today. It will be interesting after this is over to find out if they had been deadlocked or not. This jury has been amazing. They will do what is right.

God Bless.

This makes so much sense to me. I don't believe they are deadlocked. I really believe that it was meant as written...IF. Maybe the Judge answered in such a way as to impress upon them the seriousness of that situation should it occur? No way after 4.5 months this jury will allow themselves to be hung.

Hi guys,

Finally back after a long long day at the courthouse.

I worked this morning and came out of my last session to find a ton of texts about the "deadlock", rushed down to the courthouse to find my pals in fight or flight...we all ran back upstairs and immediately held a prayer circle, led by Katie Wick in a small hallway. She led a beautiful prayer and we tapped in to the collective good energy and prayers coming from around the world and to be led in the ways to be supportive and helpful to the family in all the best ways.

So we were just mingling, talking to various journalists from Beth Karas to Jeff Gold to WildAboutTrial (who got me in a fit of hysteria over the word "blouse" asking me "What is a blouse? I thought it was a bird").

I was standing over at the wall charging my phone with Katie and we saw this article Kiefer wrote which included apparently a verbatim account of the note the jurors sent out, including the signed "foreperson". I found that odd as no other journalists were reporting on this set of details and usually notes like that are NOT released to the media/public. I'm sure you all know my feelings on Kiefer and of course I lean to thinking someone from the defense wanted that "out there" so they got that info to "their man".

Anyway, suddenly Katie turns to me and says "have you actually read this note?" and goes on to have this lightbulb moment asking if I thought maybe the jurors were just asking a question about the instructions, clarifying how they are to handle things if certain decisions were made/not made. Not necessarily saying they were THERE but how to handle it if they ever GET THERE.

It was signed by juror No.18.

So it caught my attention and we sat there kind of chewing on this idea, the timing, etc. What we realized is that with the timing of how things went down today, is that this note/question came in about 40 minutes after they started deliberating today. Kind of a quick timeframe to get "deadlocked". What if they were just asking a question? Not indicating they were not in agreement!

We discussed it with another journalist who kind of poo pooed the idea as, apparently it was just drummed up by lowly "trial watchers" and not REAL JOURNALISTS (I'm not gonna name this person but not one of my faves and in Kiefer's back pocket imo). He actually got a bit aggressive when we were having the audacity to question this. He showed us Judge S's words on his cell phone but we kept saying "but that's not what the jury said!". What they asked was IF they are deadlocked. A whole lot in those two little letters.

IF

So we float this idea to both Beth Karas AND Mike Galanos (super nice guy) and Ted Rowlands who are all ears and saying "you might have a point there!". Imagine that, a journalist who is listening and open to a new idea than the one they've wedded themself to.

Lo and behold, on Dr. Drew, Beth Karas floats this exact theory! We coached Katie all thru the dinner hour to say this on Dr. Drew which she did! Even though Beth had already suggested this idea.

All the hystrionics and drama today abated in one little two letter word.

So we ended up dining with Harold and Tanisha, I talked to Sam on the phone...they are all doing ok, all things considered.

I also passed messages to them from Janine Driver and Wendy Murphy that came my way...and a sweet message about God from our dear Jayarohh.

After we left I think we were all feeling pretty good.

I DO NOT THINK this jury is "deadlocked". I think they will reach a verdict tomorrow and sentence Jodi Arias to death.

I'm told that every juror looked in the direction of the family today when this went down as they left the courtroom. Jodi's family was not even in the courtroom. This is all good. I have never seen them do this even once.

Let's all keep breathing and surrounding this jury/family/ourselves in all the strength we can muster. This is where the rubber meets the road.

I'll say the words that said to my friends the moment I saw them today.

Now we have to dig deep.

Now is one of those life moments when you understand how strong you are.​

Sweet dreams all.............:seeya:

This is what tee's me off about those TH's... a lot of us were bright enough to figure that out, that it WAS a question and not a fact, but these TH's kept screaming all day and night, "HUNG JURY". :facepalm:

I kept muting and/or screaming at the TV, "Uh, no they're not!"​

:floorlaugh:​

I didn't see that version - wow. Sorry if my post upset you - I thought maybe the court observers could tell it was the foreperson.

:banghead: Now I feel I upset you. If I did, I hope you know - I would never mean to and I am truly sorry.

:crying: :seeya:

I want you to know that even though I don't know you,you deserve so much credit for all the Graphics and everything you have done here on WS...I always look for your posts and your creative ability.Some WS'S stand out.You're one of them...Now that this trial is winding down I wanted to make sure I told you that...:tyou:

Morning! Katiekoolady, I do so understand your fatigue about the trial. I don't know how you have managed so long with your super-multi-tasking over all these months. You have reported back to us, giving us the real facts vs. what we hear in the media blare. You've supported the Alexander family to extraordinary levels and helped be a conduit for donations, financial and emotional. I am in awe of the Websleuthers who have sent thoughtful gifts to the family.

You have taken tender care of Alfonse in his time of need, carried on with your work, and been in court. Your spare hours are devoted to the family. I am so glad you have had HH's with other court-watchers on the roof. You have given yourself opportunities to vent, which is a good thing. You have had the opportunity to make connections with Beth and others in the media and used them as a sounding board to cross the barriers between those of us who have followed and what is broadcast. You have made so many new friends who will impact your life in the future.

Now, as we all sit, awaiting the ultimate outcome of this case, the level of anxiety has ratcheted up to an unbelievable level. I am a voyeur, so to speak. I watch and read. But I also feel all the anxiety and tension that is occurring right now.

I agree with those here and with you that this needs to be over, hopefully today. I have never believed that the jury was hung after less than 2 hours of deliberations. I do believe there was a misunderstanding as to the message sent to the judge and her reaction.

This jury has sat since January 2 and faithfully listened and questioned to an extraordinary level. They know the convicted murderer for the liar she is. They saw her student council speech. They know the horror of what she did and that she planned it out. All 12 jurors believed that. They believe she stole the gun, borrowed the gas cans, and lured Travis into a false sense of security so she could plunge a knife into his heart.

They heard her vilify the victim and her own family. I know that not a one of them wants to take a chance she could be released back into society to continue her chaos. She is a dangerous woman. I have no doubt that the problem they are facing is whether to trust the people who will make the report to the judge if she gets a verdict of life. I would also say that they may not trust that the judge wouldn't follow a recommendation for life with the possibility of parole. As she is required to do, Judge Stevens has bent over backwards to make the trial fair to the perpetrator of a heinous crime. For those on the jury who have said that they support the death penalty, but now have to face the inevitable fact that the DP would be the only safe way to keep her out of society forever, it has to be even more anxiety-inducing. I trust the jury.

Again, thank you for all your efforts. Thank you to those who donated to the family in one way or another. And thank you to everyone here. We all care. We will get through this and then face real life, knowing we made a difference in the lives of the Alexander family.

Prayers for a verdict today and healing for everyone the trial has touched.

No worries. I'm not upset by you at all. It's been a long day and I've given and given and given and am reminded of the "Little Red Hen" story my sister often referred to in times like this.

I encourage people to follow me on twitter from here on out. And I will be posting if/when/what I feel like sharing. And I will certainly miss tweets, miss questions, have my own opinions others will not share and still, I will go on in support of justice and the Alexander family.

I'm all a Twitter cause I don't Tweet...its almost over...don't leave us now...:please:...We all appreciate everything you have done to keep us informed...for all the Love And Support you have given the Alexander Family and for them to know through you, that we here at WS love and support them too...

Can't see a Judge stating it was deadlocked if it wasn't, and I do believe what she said was what the jury presented to her today.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 18h
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

Just trying to understand this, are you saying a journalist got a hold of info from the jury???? And posted that they were deadlocked when they were according to the Judge but it was all coming from merely a journalist?

Makes no sense and I'd bet a Judge and jury would not all be participating so could you please explain further...Nor can I imagine a Judge stating it was deadlocked if it wasnt the case....Thanks

At first, I couldn't imagine Judge Stephens coming out assuming deadlock either. But now that I've seen the note (assuming it is true and accurate), I can certainly see the judge firing shots across the bow (in a very nice way) to ensure that they DON'T deadlock! Even if you don't believe the note verbatim, there was also the tweet from the Maricopa County Superior Court. So, my opinion is that Judge Stephens most definitely and purposefully used the IF as an opportunity to prevent a deadlock which was completely over-hyped and literally has not occurred.

This is what tee's me off about those TH's... a lot of us were bright enough to figure that out, that it WAS a question and not a fact, but these TH's kept screaming all day and night, "HUNG JURY". :facepalm:

I kept muting and/or screaming at the TV, "Uh, no they're not!"​

:floorlaugh:​

They did that for ratings. You can't tell me, with how in tuned with social media that they are, they weren't aware this may have been a question of "if" and not "we're unable to come to a unanimous decision". They read tweets on air and I'm sure have a staff to go through all they receive and decide which go on the air. I'm sure many, many people tweeted them this info, but they didn't utter a peep about it.

Thanks for helping me spit that worm out. ;) Nite...

Worm? What worm? Katiecoo...are you sandbagging with a bottle of Tequila somewhere? No fair ! I would share with you !:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Seriously... thanks for all the inside info you have provided us with....
I think everyone is a little stressed right now waiting for this never-ending trial to end.
See...I dont think the poster meant to offend you and am sorry that it came
across to you that way.
I think y'all are right about the IF... I myself was at work yesterday and got a message about the "deadlock" ..... I found it a little strange as it was so soon and just accepted it as there were one or two who adamantly were opposed to giving her the DP...then I started doing a little more investigating and found out thru twitter (I think) (forgive me if my source is wrong).... I am on my first cup of coffee here...
Anyhoo... I was nowhere near WS...and I kinda started thinking along the same lines...wondering about that IF that was in that message...
Hopefully we are correct and we will get that DP verdict soon...
It is just so hard to predict what a jury will do...
No offense to the great state of Arizona, but I wish it were left up to a judge who is use to doling out proper punishment and knows and understands the laws inside and out ...
On second thought maybe I heard the IF part off of HLN? I know I put it on for a bit while at work...idk :banghead:

Katie, God bless you. You are an Angel for the Alexander family. I truly believe that, God lays it on someone's heart to come into someone's life at a set time, for a short time, do God's work, and then go on. It could be for one moment, or in this case six months. You have been a rock and your unwaivering, I believe in this jury. I believe they will find premeditated, murder one and the death penalty.....has been the strong loud message that they needed so very much. More than you will ever know. You are beloved and they will be grateful for you for the rest of their lives.

When we are old, we often look back on our lives and ask what have we done that really mattered here on earth?

Well Katie, I am here to tell you today that what you have done here has mattered, so very much. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Justice for Travis is coming in the death penalty today. A verdict that speaks the truth has already been rendered by them. God bless you in the future whatever you do.

Attachments

• BKaUMP8CAAEjaZs.jpg
    BKaUMP8CAAEjaZs.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 17
IF!!!! :skip:

YES!!!! There’s NO deadlock!!!! :great: (so far!)

Just getting caught up & I’m SO excited, ty KatieCool and especially eagle-eye Katie Wick!! :loveyou:

The judge clearly didn’t catch the IF, erroneously announcing deadlock rather than a question from the jury. I have a feeling jurors were MORTIFIED that she misinterpreted their note when they saw the devastated reaction from Travis’ family, whom they all looked at as they exited, correct? They know the monster planned & tried to cover up Travis’ vicious slaughter and has zero remorse, I have complete faith they’ll come back (probably today) with the ultimate punishment. :gavel:

And how ironic that Kiefer inadvertently revealed this all important clue that’s NOT positive for the defense; he thinks he’s so smart, secretly obtaining & publishing the original note... *snicker* moo

I’ve been listening to parts of killer’s recent interviews and one comment that jumped out was when she’s asked what Travis’ last words were, and she says “idle chit chat”!!!! As she’s stabbing him 29 times they’re having idle chit chat???!! AARGH!!!! #deathtojodiarias MOO

All MOO

:juanettes:

5/22/13 note from jury per M.Kiefer, AZRepublic:

“IF the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?” ... signed Foreperson, Juror 18

Thanks Katrina..you know I love ya right back. According to the conversation I had today with the PIO she said she hoped there would be no deliberation Friday at all. Part of why I think a verdict will be tomorrow.

I also discussed with her my concerns about info getting leaked out..she's looking in to it.

Thank you, Katie! You are very much appreciated. In one of the cmja press tour interviews, the inmate was asked about a new jury for sentencing. cmja replied 'Good luck finding an untainted jury pool', with a smug smirk.

I believe in this jury - they are smart and careful. I sincerely hope a verdict is reached today, and that it is cause to cease further interviews - at least for a while.

In the meantime, you need to take care of you! Stay calm, and breathe - Sending positive thoughts and big hugs - we Scorpios have to stick together! :seeya:

PS - the courtPIO tweeted the 'If' statement yesterday, I choose to believe the PIO (and KCL)

I think we are all exhausted and frustrated right now. It has been a long trial, lots of distractions and tricks and frankly now that the end is near it's natural to feel a little anxious. I find the passion on here great. Like it or not folks, we have become a family. Even though we might not all agree on the small details and are getting a little frustrated with each other, we all have the same goal and that's justice for Travis. Lets not let our frustrations with Jodi and this defense take our focus away from that.

Thank you.....It's about the Alexanders, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard