Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Hwhile driving hwild saw the marlboro man juror walking all the way back from 16st and washington. Bout 6 more miles to go man! #JodiArias

Have they started deliberating? I heard all different start times and I don't have a TV here.

ETA: Never mind, got my answer.

Hey HO! :)

They start deliberating at 10:00 AZ time - in about 40 minutes.

ETA -Oops - answered you anyway. :)

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Hwhile driving hwild saw the marlboro man juror walking all the way back from 16st and washington. Bout 6 more miles to go man! #JodiArias

:waitasec: I guess he could NOT give marlboro man a ride ...

100% agree! :seeya:

Don't want to hear anyone berating this jury! They have gotten it right the whole way.

I saw someone post yesterday that they would refer to them as the Maricopa 12 if she didn't get the DP?! Really?! THIS JURY? They ROCK :rockon:

Is that how it is now, whenever a verdict doesn't go the way people want, they get labeled/called names?

No. I hope I am wrong.

I think they will remain deadlocked and I am sick with worry over it.

I don't know much about Arizona law but it doesn't seem right to have to choose a new jury for just the penalty phase. If the jury is deadlocked it should go to the judge IMO. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I agree, it is rather like two bites at the apple for the death penalty and given the seriousness of the punishment that just doesn't feel right. You know, one doesnt agree on death so we will find one that does. It just sticks in my craw and should anyone's no matter if they favor dp or not. The judge should make the decision after a hung jury

Key words here are "abuse me" (BBM). Her perception of abuse is anyone who disagrees with her or stands up to her. :stormingmad:

SunniTx, that is a GREAT observation and in all the discourse on her mental health, you said it best IMO:seeya:

Quote:

(moving from wrong thread, in reply to nonsense HLN is babbling about this AM)

I won't watch HLN talking heads till someone talks them all off the ledge. Good grief. Katie Wick tried to tell DD last night that the media likely has it all wrong about a deadlock, but noooooo, he didn't want to hear her. Patted her on the head, essentially, and moved the camera away.

I'm choosing to trust my own common sense, and that if the many posters here yesterday saying... wait a minute. This jury has given no indication whatsoever that they would throw up their hands and quit just a few hours into deliberation.

These jurors are so dedicated that even after members are kicked off the jury they still are adamant to remain involved until the end, even in the face of public criticism and invasion of their privacy.

The remaining jurors have twice brought back their decisions in a time frame that indicates they weren't rushing to get it over with and weren't delayed by contention and division.

They are less than 8 hours into deliberating the most difficult phase of the trial. I would hope that this group would give each juror the opportunity to speak to their individual decision.. what went into it, and how they feel about making such a momentous decision.

I doubt that any of them will readily find anyone else in their lives who will understand what they have gone through during this trial, or how difficult it is to make this final decision.

Prayers to these jurors today. Thinking long and hard about Mormon Attorney's compassionate post yesterday about this jury, for myself I've found peace with whatever they decide.

I still hope for the DP, largely because it seems clear that all she has left is her savage and ceaseless desire to cause pain to Travis' family, and given life she will continue doing so.

Thanks to Mormon Attorney, I also will understand if one or more of these jurors decides they just cannot be responsible for helping put another person to death, even this one.

Praying for peace and healing to everyone on the very long list of people this murderer has so profoundly harmed and wounded.

From WAT :

Geez, that's a LONG walk :(

She didn't even cover his body.

She firmly believes Travis deserved it. She has no remorse for killing Travis and in her little mind it was all his fault. She assumes no responsibility for the murder.

She would/will kill again.

From WAT :

Good for the Marlboro man. Probably feels great to him to walk and think, to take his time getting there and to burn off some anxiety along the way. I wouldn't have stopped either, out of respect for his privacy.

Anyone else think they had a verdict when they left yesterday....and, did the same "sleep on it" thing and will announce shortly after they arrive?

I do! And since court is dark on Friday's and Monday's a Holiday, it's going to be today. It may not be the verdict most of us want but as long as they don't hang I don't mind.

God, may this be the FIRST HOLIDAY that Travis' family finally has Justice.

Afternoon peeps...

Said many a prayer last night, for many people, and included this jury and Travis's family!

Can't mix jurors and media. Would cause all sorts of hub bub and blow the trial. So, hwild could not give Marlboro Man a ride.

Yeah I can't take HLN anymore because its like they won't let Travis Alexander rest in peace. Just lock Arias in her cell for however long she should be there and let the Alexanders have peace and stop giving her all this attention. It's like telling her good dog. I get the curiosity but the price is too high. Rest well Travis. I'll be checking for a final verdict. This forum is amazing and I am grateful for it. It's classy and a place for intelligent discussion. Props to the mods.

On HLN while ago, Dr. Drew said that the jury usually gives the death penalty to serial killers and those that kill little kids. The panel was talking about Jodi only killing one person. Some of the lawyers do not seem to be considering facts such as Jodi driving about a thousand miles to kill Travis, planning the murder for over a week at the very least, staging a burglary to steal her grandfather's gun, cornering Travis in the shower, murdering him in an especially cruel way, etc. They don't seem to realize that she did not only assassinated his character on the witness stand, but she continued to assassinate his character during her allocution and in interviews. Each time she speaks about Travis abusing her, it's like she's sticking that knife into his chest again and twisting it around. These lawyers don't seem to understand that Travis WASN'T her boyfriend at that time either.

Text "BREAKING" to 23765 (CBS 5; has worked for me last 2 verdicts)

Wow, made it; it's getting crowded in here; glad we are all good friends and showered this morning!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!

thanks, sunni, I got a confirmation text back!

From our "Buddy" at WAT :

58m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

hWild is heading down to the courthouse now and hwill check in hwhen he is up in the hallway. #JodiArias

:great: What a trooper ...

Do you know what's with WAT adding the "h" in his words?? I don't get the inside joke... TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea