Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to JA's TV interview with the bogus Ninja story.....I thought it was really sick when she said that although Travis was writhing on the ground saying he couldn't feel his legs, her next move was to "grab her purse" and then escape.

not directed at you, but who the heck would grab their purse or even think about grabbing their purse when trying to escape? lol

only 1 person, Jodi lol

eta, my purse would be the last thing that i would be worried about lol id be trying to flee get the heck out of there..

Not being snarky but I just noticed that JA has a skin eruption on her bottom lip and another on her chin. I'm not bashing, just observing and wondering if she's really feeling a tad stressed despite her calm and poised demeanor in those interviews...

Going back to JA's TV interview with the bogus Ninja story.....I thought it was really sick when she said that although Travis was writhing on the ground saying he couldn't feel his legs, her next move was to "grab her purse" and then escape.

She's vile. I do think her ninja story had a grain of truth in it and unfortunately I do think that he did say he couldn't feel his legs. The thought of that just makes me sick.

I have to take puppy to the vet today for his shots, hopefully the jury reaches a verdict. I caught one of Jodi's interviews where she said "as long as you don't abuse me you're safe". If there is a God in heaven, this monster should never get out of prison.

According to a twitter message from MC Superior Court:

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 22h
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction.

There is also the alleged question that the jury sent out to the Judge. Some reporter was able to get a hold of it I believe. I'm not sure how reliable that source is.

I wonder if the alleged question came BEFORE they actually sent the note they were deadlocked.

That's what I was thinking yesterday. That the question came out, the judge answered it and told them what to do...and then they did that, and the judge said what she said.

That's my take on the situation. I could just as easily be wrong.

However, I find it hard to believe any judge would misconstrue a question of "what do we do IF..." to "you ARE..."

If she did in fact make this mistake, we could be very sorely disappointed if something in the appeals process comes up with her rulings. I mean, that is an elementary mistake to make, if indeed that is what happened.

So I find it hard to go with the whole tweet vs. what we actually heard from her mouth. My above scenario is what fits in my brain. LOL!!

Chris Williams@chriswnews

No reason given but #JodiArias pros Juan Martinez just arrived on 5th floor. I asked "how are you feeling?" Answer: "good"

IF it were a hypothetical, there would not have been an Allen charge.

This jury was deadlocked.

I don't think they were, this jury deliberated over 2 hours in the aggravation phase, and that was a slam dunk. There is no way they would decide they were deadlocked after only a couple hours in the penalty phase.

Kiefer may have an agenda and a bias, but he was asked if he saw the note, and he said he had. He's known other things before it hit the media. He's got a source.

Based on some other DP deliberations, it wouldn't be unusual if jury deliberations go much longer in this phase than they did in the guilt phase.

:seeya:Good Morn', Afternoon, Evening all, wherever you may be!

Was thinking about the screen shot I grabbed yesterday, the expression on Killers face, so I did some editing. I know this is a dated reference but it made me smile most of last summer.

NOTIMPRESSED.jpg

I have to take my old dog to the Vet this afternoon, so I feel sure they will announce a verdict just as I need to leave the house....:banghead:

Hugz to you and a clean bill of health for your dog. And maybe they won't need that long to decide! Please!

OK,,I just asked in the other thread but then saw this link after I posted. Is this where we are supposed to be????

According to a twitter message from MC Superior Court:

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 22h
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction.

There is also the alleged question that the jury sent out to the Judge. Some reporter was able to get a hold of it I believe. I'm not sure how reliable that source is.

okay. so if that is legit. the fact is, they DID come back and they DID say: we cannot reach a unanimous verdict which prompted the judge to give them further instructions on how to reach a unanimous verdict and sent them back to deliberate.

so not sure why people are against what im saying when I all I did was quote verbatim the very last bit of live feed that aired yesterday which anyone can hear for themselves. im not pulling stuff out my *advertiser censored* lol clearly there are three separate issues that happened yesterday with the jury. two were aired live, one was not apparently....

not directed at you, but who the heck would grab their purse or even think about grabbing their purse when trying to escape? lol

only 1 person, Jodi lol

eta, my purse would be the last thing that i would be worried about lol id be trying to flee get the heck out of there..

Makeup must have been in there.... !

Not being snarky but I just noticed that JA has a skin eruption on her bottom lip and another on her chin. I'm not bashing, just observing and wondering if she's really feeling a tad stressed despite her calm and poised demeanor in those interviews...

I noticed that eruption between her ears.

This post gave me a chuckle. I think I may be in the minority, but I kinda like JVM. She's very energetic - IDK that I could stand outside a courthouse all day every day for 5 months. Her facial expressions crack me up. I've enjoyed her recent coverage of this trial.

I agree with you that today will be the day, although I can't predict what the verdict will be. Whatever the verdict, I'm convinced there will be a record number of folks trying to post & I'll get stuck in the spin cycle lol.

I'm still praying for Wisdom for the jurors, Justice for Travis, and Peace and Comfort for Travis's loved ones.

May Justice prevail.

I kinda like her, too....most days. However, I wish she would stop yelling and stop interrupting when Beth Karas is speaking.

Bottom line, I wish I had some of what Jane is on (but not as much!). She's got high energy and spirit.

... Jodie Ann Arias has NOT been diagnosed with a Mental Illness. She has been diagnosed Character disorder and is fully responsible for her actions. Her sociopathic planning & carrying out of the brutal killing of Travis Alexander, makes her a dangerous person. She is a cold blooded murderer.
She should be held fully accountable for her actions IMO.

I found it hypocritical for Willmott to rely so heavily on Dr. DeMarte's testimony and diagnosis of Jodi throughout her sales pitch to the jurors during this penalty phase.

I also needed to mention that Jodi's idea of starting a recycling program at the maximum security prison was silly ... they've been recycling things in prisons for years. e.g., toothbrushes have been recycled into shivs, paper towel and toilet paper cardboard tubes and magazines have been tightly rolled up into spears/stabbing weapons, dental floss has been recycled into garottes, etc.

There are many creative "MacGuyvers" in lockdown.

only 1 person, Jodi lol

Exactly. Of course she probably thought of the purse first because the murder weapons were in it.

OT I have been following this trial from the beginning and just realized yesterday that Travis was murdered on the same date, different year, that my best friend died. It will be a year this June 4. I will never forget that date and Travis will always be in my prayers along with my best friend.

(((ljs713))), I'm so sorry you lost your best friend...

I can't even imagine losing mine...

I haven't posted here since the CA trial but I wanted to chime in to say- the jurors probably took an initial vote and were deadlocked. They probably didn't know what to do and that's why they asked the judge. I don't think they realized they had to be unanimous so they thought they were done. The judge then told them they need to be unanimous and gave them the charge and they have been hard at work since. I think we will get a unanimous verdict I just don't know if some will cave or not. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong