Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Jodi crying?

She found out her family wouldn't be there when the verdict (or what turned out to be the non-verdict) was announced because they were off sight-seeing at the Grand Canyon.

I'm tempted to say the family is weird and it's a shame anybody would go sightseeing when a jury could hand down a death setence for your child or sibling at any minute, but really, I just think this family is OVER Jodi.

Jodi Ann Arias played for the trifecta and nearly won.

She wanted to successfully butcher-slaughter Travis Alexander, and then to assassinate his character. WIN

Then she wanted to get away with it. LOSE

But if she's gonna lose, so is the Alexander family:

TortureMurderessSibs_zps0e9bf926.jpg

TortureMurderess_zpsdd89a04b.jpg

She clearly views this as a big win, a moment to be marked with tears of ecstatic joy.

This puts her one trial away from cheating the needle.

Congratulations to the especially cruel lying torture murderess, Jodi Ann Evilness Arias.

Bumping Truth, with TY's X 100.

im not surprised at all. as discussed earlier, they already said they could not come to a unanimous verdict. knew it was coming........

with that said.....can someone post again the link for donating to the alexander family. they are going to need all the help they can get :(

I hope the jurors see everything that we've seen; how horrible this killer is. I know it's not the jurors fault. They've done a very hard job, and it's terrible to think of having to make the choice to take someone's life.

But that's what this killer did. She made the choice to take someone's life. She planned to take someone's life. And then she did take someone's life, in the most heinous manner.

Each of these jurors said they could enforce the death penalty. Someone did not do that today. It's a very sad day.

That's my opinion on the matter.

Yes, this will be a Blessing in disguise IMO!! :rockon:

CMja has not WON
I refuse to compare this jury to the 12 in Florida.
The Alexanders are in pain, but they have asked for the Death Penalty.
The jurors have yet to speak and finding "Life" would have ultimately been in the hands of the Judge as far as LWP or LWOP.
The County Attorney, Bill Montgomery, has the opportunity to put it before his staff if a plea should be offered as far as "Life", or en-panel another jury.
She has been convicted of 1st degree murder.
This is not over.

Very well said.

why we are upset but I think ALOT of people here are forgetting something very important, SHE'S STILL CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

In some states, without the DP as an option, this is a huge win. We should still be celebrating. She's not walking free, she's a convicted felon. This jury did everything they could, we should be thanking them, not cursing them. I'm a little shocked at some of these responses...

:bump:
:bump:

Do you think JSS will allow the post-verdict interviews to come into evidence in the next phase?

We're NOT attacking. We are free to express our feelings....we have 1st amendement rights just like Jodi does. Or does she get more right than we do??

You get as much rights as the owners of this forum gives you.

What may really weigh on the decision to retrial vs sentence to LWOP/LWP may be what the split was. If it was 11-1 in favor of the DP, that's one thing. But if it was 6-6, then that's another. It may also depend on the family, and what the jurors say in the presser.

I understand the pain and anger and resentment, but do you all realize your angry at ordinary people who have given up their lives for this trial? Imagine being away from your job for 6 months.. not being able to openly express your feelings to your spouse for 6 months? This trial hastaught e to turn off, tune in and shut out. And Love what I have.
And keep searching for Audrey May Herron.
God Bless the victims.

We have to realize these jurors have invested almost 6 months of their lives. For them to reach this conclusion must be devastating to them as well. I just can't imagine and we weren't in their shoes.

Public statement coming shortly from the jurors

yes it is true they gave up 6 months ,,but that was the fault of the defense with all their delays .

I honestly would have preferred LWOP to this ...

I would have, as well. That said, the jury did not have the option of LWOP. They could select LIFE or DEATH. If they chose LIFE, the Judge has the call about whether Jodi would spend the remainder of her natural life in prison or be eligible for parole in 25 years (most likely only 20 years since JA has already been incarcerated for 5 years). This would not be acceptable to me, and I suspect it wasn't acceptable to a majority of the jurors. :moo:

whoa! juror public statement now? i'd be too ashamed to show my face.

WHY?

Hell! I WOULDN'T! I'd want to let the world know that I tried my da*n best to give JA the DP, but one or more of my fellow jurors would not budge on and wanted a life sentence!!!!!

I WOULD NEVER CAVE INTO "LIFE" for JA. NEVER! I'd stand by giving her the DP and possibly hanging the jury- and I guess ALL of you here who are bashing the jurors - would be bashing me if I did the same.

I am disgusted by some of these comments!

I heard on my way home. :( I just got here and logged on!

I'm really proud of the jury. I appreciate their diligence for the last 5 months! They did the hard part! They sat there for 5 MONTHS and listened to evidence. They reached the most important verdict of ALL... GUILTY of first degree murder, premeditated. The rest will fall in to place. She will still spend her life in prison. I don't think she'll ever be paroled.

I appreciate that each juror was heard and respected, and that nobody felt bullied into changing their position. I appreciate that the people who voted death didn't just vote down to life, in order to bring the trial to a conclusion. Just be thankful we don't have a Casey Anthony jury that acquitted her even though they knew they shouldn't have.

We all have our convictions and if someone doesn't feel the murderer deserved death, that doesn't mean they don't believe in the DP or wouldn't have given it to another criminal. I choose to be thankful for our jury that delivered the GUILTY verdict and gave Travis his first round of justice, instead of just claiming that there must have been someone who refused to deliberate and/or would never apply the DP.

I want to know what mitigating factor outweighed the agrivators.

I'm not too bothered by the hung jury on penalty. Jodi's a convicted murderer and she's not going anywhere EVER.

If the jury was going to hang, thank goodness this was the phase. Going forward, we know she'll get no less than life in prison. I feel awful for his family, but sadly this is our system, and its the same system that brought them justice in two out of three phases, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie