Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Juan Martinez immediately gets copies of each and every media interview this vile convicted murderer gave during her recent media blitz.

Those interviews are a treasure trove toward hopefully achieving a death sentence in the next penalty trial.

YES .. NO NEGOTIATION .. they're still going for the DP .. Juan has more time to get those interviews in, and more time to strike down mitigators with evidence .. I think it's going to be fine people! The jury did their best, at least they didn't all cave and go with life :)

BBM . . . that's exactly what I said on the previous thread - I was looking for something positive, and I do believe that is it - I also believe that JM will be even more ready for JA the second time around, especially with those charming interviews from May 21st!

So she wins, in a way. The sociopath wins again. She hasn't gotten everyone convinced, but she has shown perfectly how it works. Keen twisted mind. I think it would take an actual videotape of Jodi slitting his throat to convince some people that she is beyond help. :pullhair:

Introducing evidence of a gun and two knives in her possession after the murder would have helped.

Alexander family needs to file the civil suit, pronto!

All I'm hearing is how HUGE of a win this is for JW and Nurmi. How sickening.

This is NOT a win for the defense, it is only a delay
There will either be a re-trial of the penalty phase or a plea agreement by the County Attorney of Life (whether LWOP or LWP)
Doesn't matter because she will be in PRISON. And you can bet Mr. Martinez will be at all of her parole hearings if she get LWP.

Can we please, please, please stop bashing the jury. Some of the talk about them is downright cruel. JA is a convicted murderer thanks to them.

I thought we were better than this.

:twocents: Yes this jury CONVICTED ... BUT ... they did NOT finish the job were supposed to do !

In other words, they passed the ball, IMO ...

I do not understand how criticism of this jury is the same as "bashing" them.

It would have been a real help to get some sort of statement from them this evening so we could at least know SOMETHING -- ANYTHING -- as to WHY they were NOT unanimous ...

I wish at least ONE of them would have spoken immediately -- at least to help squash some of the speculation ...

So we have no statement to go on ... we can only assume that at least one of those jurors either did NOT tell the truth when questioned about the DP, or we can assume that maybe one of the jurors "bought" JA's LIES during her last "performance" in the courtroom ... and no telling what the reason could be why one or more juror(s) could not render the DP ...

The DP is what the Alexander Family wanted ... they did NOT get Justice, and neither did Travis ...

Someone on that jury let Travis and his Family down today ...

It's a very sad day for Travis and his Family ... and it's NOT their fault ...

It's the FAULT of someone [or more] on that jury ...

MOO MOO and MOO

:moo:

Last time with the trial-that-shall-not-be-named, I logged out without commenting when the verdict was read and didn't come back until Trayvon Martin was shot (I'd like to follow that case, but I couldn't handle a not guilty veridct). THIS time however I am much more calm. Because the state got that conviction. She was found guilty of murder in the first degree. And I'm not saying this to comfort myself. Even before the verdict, I thought LWOP would be a very very hard sentence. Some people think JA would thrive in prison. I doubt that. To be locked up in a cell for the rest of your natural life, when it hits her, it's gonna hit her hard.

Here's hoping for a new jury that will give her the death penalty. But if not, JA will grow old, childless and die in prison.

Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute
EXACTLY ! This is a BIG WIN for them
And I bet Jodi is sititing there SMIRKING and SINGING :
"You can mark my words, no jury will ever convict me."

They did convict her, though. If the creature and her defense team are celebrating, it's very short-sighted. Sort of like winning the lottery, then finding out everybody else won too, and you only get 32 cents.

She's not getting out of jail. She's going to prison, whether it be death row or life. Either of these are going to be horrible for her.

I'm very disappointed, but this is not the Pinellas 12. And it disturbs me to see the "they" when referring to how ashamed "they" should be, etc. It's clear that some, probably most, did want the death penalty, and they weren't willing to risk her getting paroled some day by going with life. They have no idea how the judge would rule in a "life verdict."

We also have no idea what went on in that jury room. Right now I'm counting the blessings that there was a guilty 1st degree conviction, and there was an extreme cruelty conviction. That's a good place to start on July 18th.

So I'll take a break from all this creature's nonsense, and I'll do all the things she can't do, like: go to the drive-in theatre and watch a movie with my family, go to church on Sunday and fellowship with my family and friends, take my son for ice cream one afternoon "just because we feel like it", have an ice cold beer on a hot summer day after spending the whole day working in the yard, relax in my porch rocker on a warm evening and listen to the crickets sing (and fight off the mosquitoes, lol), curl up in bed and read a book on a rainy afternoon while watching a scary movie, pull out a board game and have a rousing game of Monopoly AND let my 7 year old be banker - ha!, get on iTunes and buy music until I realize how much I've spent and have a mini-heart attack. The list is endless of all the things I can choose to do.

I pray the Alexander family takes this time to completely forget about the creature. I hope they relax and enjoy their lives, and remember all the good things about their brother and take joy in the family they still have with them.

This will all end eventually. It's not over today and that's sad, but this is not the end. And the creature didn't win.

Just MHOO.

P.S. I'm not bringing this over from the closed thread because I think my thoughts are so awesome, but I spent about 15 minutes composing this only to find out it's durn near the last one before the thread closed. :facepalm: I just want to post how I feel, and I hope one of the sleuthers here who are feeling really let down, or feeling like Jodi Arias won some great victory today, might find some comfort.

While I hate the events of today...Travis was a man of great faith and so many of us prayed, somehow this was not the time or the jury to seal her fate.

They now regroup, go at it again....hopefully following every letter of the law.

I know I was on a jury that acquitted a man I feel was guilty of sexual assault on a child.

The state of Texas lost a major prosecution witness & we didn't get any indication of that til post verdict.

It was horrible ...I sat with older very nice women who truly felt no rape had occurred because child herself had stated he shoved her pajamas aside & was never naked. I kid you not ...I was so baffled, I am very cold natured & even in my committed loving marriage am rarely nude when intimate...and yet these women were sure NOTHING went on cause she was in a gown?

We discussed this for a full damn day....and only after verdict got to know so very much more.

So it is hard.

I am disappointed that a DP qualified jury was split ....it was by the letter of the law a DP Case.

This stinks for all who want justice.

Kathy in Dallas

I would be happy if pros took the DP off the table and agreed to LWOP. She would probably never be executed anyway! DP is a crock! I agree with DP, but it is a crock!

The problem is the DT is going to demand LWP in any kind of deal, so either the PT agrees to LWP or the DT will say NO DEAL.

This is really sad. They did not make a decision that they were asked to do.

She earned a death sentence...

Either way she will die behind bars.

The thing I think she's worried about are those two sentences. That she's earned a death sentence and that she will die behind bars.

What she can't control now is whether she dies of natural causes behind bars or if one of the prisoners with a murdered brother causes her death behind bars.

But as I said in the other thread, she's a simple minded creature who can't see beyond the front door.

As my great aunt would say, "Hard-headed people always learn their lessons with either tears or blood."

I knew this would happen, they would render something while I was in class. I'm just disgusted and my heart breaks for the Alexander family.

Is there any way we can have a thread here at WS inviting the jurors to come and watch and see everything they've missed, all Jodi's interviews, all the stuff that they weren't privy too while serving as jurors.

I truly want those who wouldn't agree to the DP to feel horrible, I want them to literally feel the Alexander families pain.

Who does this? Who during voir dier says they could render a DP verdict, then when the time comes to do it backs out?

I'm just furious as I know most of you are as well!

God bless the Alexander family!

They've seen the autopsy photos, JA's stories of self-defense and her slandering of Travis post-murder. If that doesn't do it then nothing else will.

I don't blame or envy the jurors. It wasn't her "locks of love" mission or art work that spared her. It was all of the garbage that the DT threw at the wall during this trial.

She is a psychopath/sociopath and she succeeded in doing what she set out to do...twist, contort and manipulate to evade punishment. I fear that when the jurors (or single juror holdout as I believe) gets home and sees who they freed they will be devastated.

She thinks that she has won (which is the most sickening thing) but this is justice delayed, not denied. She's going to get what's coming to her.

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.o...ney-Comments-on-Outcome-in-State-v-Arias.html

County Attorney Comments on Outcome in State v. Jodi Ann Arias

PHOENIX, AZ (May 23, 2013) – Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery released the following statement in response to the lack of a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of State v. Jodi Ann Arias:

“We appreciate the jury’s work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment.”

###

Well everyone, I'll be here. How about you? Let's keep those donations to the family going so that they can be there and continue this to the end as well. If that is what they want, which I personally believe they will. MOO

Well, my frustration is that they couldnt reach a decision after convicting her in a 4 month trial. They gave it 14 hours or so. And then said, sorry done.

I am really puzzled. Guess they were just tired. I am sure the Alexander family is too. :(

I don't think they were tired. I think when anyone who has to decide life or death doesn't understand the magnitude of that decision when they are questioned during the selection process.

Someone or a few just couldn't give Death despite the horrific and brutal nature in which Murderer CMJA slaughtered Travis Alexander.

I don't know what else to say and I don't know what I would do in their shoes.

I hope juror 5 comes out now also. I would love to hear her story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

waiting for the next batch of t-shirts.
actually, maybe we should not be surprised at the jury's non-decision. all of us know a sociopath. one sits next to us at work, or is our boss....or one is in our family, or lives next door, presenting the face they want us to see, but totally in it for themselves, no matter what. Perhaps some of us here, as well, know exactlly how the sociopath thinks, because we live in that skin. :twocents:

I'm hoping the worried look on JA's face was b/c of her attorneys warning her about doing interviews:

"Sure, do what you want...but be careful...if the jury is hung everything you say could come back and bite you...your interviews could be used against you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member