Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope a new Sequence of Events thread will be opened, maybe we can sleuth things a bit further now that we have been given an unforeseen extension in the finality of the case.

I hope not...lol

Have to agree to disagree on that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm inclined to believe that the juror(s) who could not vote DP were swayed by the crap about CMJA's family and NOT anything about the CM herself or any of the actual mitigating factors. Someone who focused on CMJA's family (apparently not giving equal weight to Travis'?) and the impact the DP would have on them.

I wonder what they thought when their non-verdict was read today and her family was absent from the courtroom. How does that even happen? The defense is going to argue that her family is her everything now and their lives will be devastated without her and they can't manage to make it because they're sightseeing on the day their family member is being sentenced (theoretically) to death?

Wow.

On the other hand, Travis' family sitting there like they have been every single day. Completely wrecked. Always there for their beloved.

BBM: That is exactly what I am "leaning towards" -- UNTIL we hear from the jurors as to WHAT REALLY HAPPENED during this phase ...

And pffftttt ... and the convicted murderer's family was no where around ... and IF that was the case, I hope they noticed her family was not there ...

I mean, if that was your daughter/family member, wouldn't you be in close distance -- just in case ? I think it speaks volumes, IMO ...

JA's family was brought in as "props" IMO ...

MOO ...

Will she be on 23 hour lockdown during off days in the new trial?

A year ? What's that nonsense? Because both sides, having only a penalty phase this time, will go all out and make it last 10 times longer ? Surely a year was a gross exaggeration. Right ? :|

I was speaking with a friend today who up until 2 years ago was a nurse in one of the prisons. She told me Jodi would not live a happy comfortable life if she got LWOP. I won't go into the graphic description she gave me. I will just say Jodi is too pretty, too famous, and too mouthy. She will be forced to quietly endure things until today I couldn't have imagined. I would have been okay wth LWOP. I just can't believe there was no decision!

Per our court watchers on DrD:

Juror #9 was being followed as he left the courthouse today by reporters and people who recognized him from the courtroom.

I'm exhausted from this trial. Bet you are too.

Prayers to Travis, his Family and Friends, and everyone who loves them.

Wish she would continue to give inter views. The more the better. A new jury could see who she really is. She tells the interviewers not to show her cuffs or prison garb. I wish they would. They could capture her reaction on film.

Or it could be as simple as a juror believing they could apply the DP but when the rubber hits the road, they couldn't. Nothing to do with Jodi plea, gag, or the defense team, they just could not do what they thought they could. moo

When Jodi mentioned her friend not wanting to testify because of death threats to her and her daughter I thought that is going to make some of those jurors a little fearful. It was just the way she said it. If that was an issue for any of the jurors I would hope they would be truthful and say something.

They will NOT have to go through the whole trial again.

Thank you. Is there certain things that they will or will not be able to discuss or is everything up for fair game? Would Juan be able to use these last interviews, the comments from twitter and all her other antics against her?

Side note: I feel for this jury. How must they feel right now? Bet with negative comments form the public they feel like they completely let the Alexanders down along with the public. Hope after the shock of today people realize they have been busting their butts and just like our emotions their emotions are running high. We basically have all of trial to talk it out with each other and listen to each others opinions hash and rehash all the testimony as much as we want. Things that we may have overlooked we have hundreds of people who did not over look it. To be honest things went right over my head until someone said it and then it hit me in the head and thought OMG how did I not catch that. Hope they can find peace with their decision and hope that soon they feel comfortable talking about the case as I want to know how they are feeling right now.

The only thing she won today was a one way ticket to 23 hours of closed custody, with no interviews in Estrella jail instead of prison (for now).

She is still facing the death penalty.

You really can't even compare the two. There was loads of evidence at the Arizona crime scene, hair, prints in blood at the scene, pictures of the crime scene almost as it happened, prisoner #2013 admitted to killing Travis. It was a no brainier. The Fl. jury didn't even have a cause of death. You can't convict someone of murder, if you don't know how the victim died.

Well, that's not really true. Laci Peterson is a great example of why.

Hello dear friend,

Oh, while my heart is in such pain for the Alexanders tonight...and tomorrow...and the next day...

I'm going to counter that pain with the thought of Juan strategizing on how to approach this again - and using her "new" videos! OMG, I am soooo going to watch every single one of them over the weekend, thinking of what parts may be used in the next go-round. :rockon: Thanks, Jodi! :drumroll:
Yes, I wonder if Juan can ask her if she thought maybe Travis should have documented stuff better?

I wonder if the Alexanders can do their own media spree. Maybe get their side out to the general public that may be sitting on the next jury.
Why would they need to? In all the polls I've read ~97% of all respondents sided and empathized with the victim and his family while they stayed classy and silent.

Per jodi... Asked If she is set free, she says your safe as long as you don't abuse her
At about 8:20 here

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightli...-jodi-arias-jury-cant-agree-on-death-sentence

Kind of goes against self defense for the next jury IMO.
FAR FROM REMORSE!!!

She seems to be promoting "kill to get out"

Add that to JM's stake of stuff to add to the penalty phase re-trial, along with the WHOLE photo of her and BJ with those illicit "lines" of powder.....I don't believe CMja will have anyone show up in her behalf, AGAIN. Her mitigation factors will fall apart......JMO

Did anyone catch what Nancy said to Bering on HLN? I missed it, just heard she got a slap-down.

Hello dear friend,

Oh, while my heart is in such pain for the Alexanders tonight...and tomorrow...and the next day...

I'm going to counter that pain with the thought of Juan strategizing on how to approach this again - and using her "new" videos! OMG, I am soooo going to watch every single one of them over the weekend, thinking of what parts may be used in the next go-round. :rockon: Thanks, Jodi! :drumroll:

Keep a barf bucket handy luv ! :D

Here's the statement from Sheriff Joe folks:

"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

http://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/480142382061909

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member