Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaky pi

Reaction score
I don't know how local most of you are to bosma house , I live 10 mins away..

940 pm they leave on test drive
Tims house to Brantford where cell phone dumped roughly 15 mins
Brantford to Cambridge farm - roughly 30 mins

so 45 mins tims to farm ,, this is a short time line , im sure Mrs Bosma hadn't even considered calling cops yet .
Now they say Tim dead by time reached farm , these guys wasted no time killing him if that's what happened. they must have blood evidence .

Did they insinerate Tim right away ,, out of truck to the terminator , makes you wonder now don't it , so start of test drive to the terminator could be an hour and a bit , bet cops not even called yet , just sayin possibility here . but if killed in truck , get rid of body . funny to have incinerator and no animals to put in it .

so 45 mins tims to farm ,, this is a short time line , im sure Mrs Bosma hadn't even considered calling cops yet .
Now they say Tim dead by time reached farm , these guys wasted no time killing him if that's what happened. they must have blood evidence .

Did they insinerate Tim right away ,, out of truck to the terminator , makes you wonder now don't it , so start of test drive to the terminator could be an hour and a bit , bet cops not even called yet , just sayin possibility here . but if killed in truck , get rid of body . funny to have incinerator and no animals to put in it .

Please provide a link to "who" says Tim was dead by the time they reached the farm. I haven't heard that at all.

One important detail to remember, LE stated his phone was turned off within 1 mile of his home! Battery gone dead? OR they didn't waste time and took action against Tim shortly after they left.

They had this planned, no doubt about it.

One important detail to remember, LE stated his phone was turned off within 1 mile of his home! Battery gone dead? OR they didn't waste time and took action against Tim shortly after they left.

They had this planned, no doubt about it.

The phone may have turned off within 1 mile (1.7km) of his home, however this does not directly translate to an amount of time. They could have driven around for a while and then returned to a location within a mile of the house when the phone was shut down, right? Correct me if I'm missing a detail here.

The phone may have turned off within 1 mile (1.7km) of his home, however this does not directly translate to an amount of time. They could have driven around for a while and then returned to a location within a mile of the house when the phone was shut down, right? Correct me if I'm missing a detail here.

The missing detail would be the cell tower logs. If TB's phone hung around in the area and then later returned to within a mile then the logs would reflect that and LE would still be combing the area in and around TB's home. They would also have a rough triangulation of where the phone was in that time.

It's interesting that the two pieces of info from Brantford (spotting of the truck at ~22:10 and the phone recovery) were the lynchpins in this investigation (IMO). How often does someone report a found phone to police? Even then, it's the report of the truck that made LE pay attention to that area and then the phone was recovered which is a lucky break. AFAIK no description of TB's cell phone (make/model/IMEI) was given to MSM. Someone happening on a phone is more likely to try and charge/power it and find out the identity of the owner. Even a batteryless phone can be run on a USB charger.(note, LE has not told us the state of the phone when it was found).

One other possibility -- and it's a remote one, given the coincidence of the burner phone going off the grid at the same time -- is that TB's phone was critically low in juice and went dead on it's own just as they were leaving the area.

The missing detail would be the cell tower logs. If TB's phone hung around in the area and then later returned to within a mile then the logs would reflect that and LE would still be combing the area in and around TB's home. They would also have a rough triangulation of where the phone was in that time.

It's interesting that the two pieces of info from Brantford (spotting of the truck at ~22:10 and the phone recovery) were the lynchpins in this investigation (IMO). How often does someone report a found phone to police? Even then, it's the report of the truck that made LE pay attention to that area and then the phone was recovered which is a lucky break. AFAIK no description of TB's cell phone (make/model/IMEI) was given to MSM. Someone happening on a phone is more likely to try and charge/power it and find out the identity of the owner. Even a batteryless phone can be run on a USB charger.(note, LE has not told us the state of the phone when it was found).

One other possibility -- and it's a remote one, given the coincidence of the burner phone going off the grid at the same time -- is that TB's phone was critically low in juice and went dead on it's own just as they were leaving the area.
have we ever been told how the phone was found? was it found because of the searches that were conducted by LE as to where the truck was last seen in Brantford, tower pings etc? I dont recall someone turning in the phone or calling LE about the phone..I was under the presumption that it was found during all the searches LE did combing different areas? any links on references to how the phone was found?

On Friday, police found Bosma’s cellphone and tracked the phone they believe Millard used to contact him in Brantford. They believe Bosma’s truck, a black Dodge Ram with the Ontario licence plate number 726 7ZW, was in downtown Brantford around 10:10 p.m. last Monday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...kes_mothers_day_plea_for_his_safe_return.html

Also from the Star:

"On Thursday afternoon, police found Bosma’s cellphone in an industrial complex in west Brantford – the direction he was last believed to have been heading with the two men."

They had a news conference Friday where they announced the find

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/10/tim_bosma_cellphone_recovered_as_police_family_hold_out_hope_for_hamilton_mans_return.html

Also from the Star:

"On Thursday afternoon, police found Bosma’s cellphone in an industrial complex in west Brantford – the direction he was last believed to have been heading with the two men."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/10/tim_bosma_cellphone_recovered_as_police_family_hold_out_hope_for_hamilton_mans_return.html

There is a big difference between 'Downtown Brantford' and the industrial area near the Hampton Inn west of Brantford. There's likely something else that LE hasn't revealed which pointed them to where they found the phone. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack. That is a big area to search and would not have been covered even in four days. Perhaps some security footage showing the truck came to light that narrowed the search.

It is also possible that someone other than LE found the phone and contacted police but chose to not get involved for reasons of safety. Hence the 'police found the phone' statements.
^--- The above is MOO and should not be quoted as fact unless revealed otherwise ---^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooperDuper
Also from the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...ns_return.html
I have just watched a recording of the press conference and Det Sgt Kavanaugh said
"Late yesterday afternoon Mr Bosma's cell phone was recovered in an industrial area of West Brantford, last night police conducted a ground search of this area "
He did NOT say that the police had been the ones who recovered the phone.
This is an example of how facts get changed by the press, as they stated that the police had found the phone, when they did not say that.

I believe that once TB realized what was going down, he threw his cell phone in the parking lot of the industrial area.

You would think DM and MS would be smart enough to have physically destroyed the phone...

You would think DM and MS would be smart enough to have physically destroyed the phone...

They weren't as smart as they thought they were, otherwise, they would have taken T's phone away from him from the get go.

imo

Again, just my :twocents:.

There is NO defense, absolutely none! They knew exactly what they were doing, don't care what diagnoses either one may have ... there is no excuse.

A heinous crime, premeditated and carried out by two spoiled brat hoodlums.

They were both in on it start to finish. DM was no dupe imo!

I believe that once TB realized what was going down, he threw his cell phone in the parking lot of the industrial area.

DM and MS thought that had pulled off the perfect crime and didn't expect LE to find T's phone.

RIP Tim

LE has said that TB was killed very close to his home and his phone was also shut down in close proximity to home. The location the phone was found was a ways from TB's home and it is understood that he would not have been alive at that time.

Random thought, but are there any theories (or maybe known facts) on how LE ever made the link with DM and his crew in the first place? Someone calling in a tip on the tattoo maybe?

Nobody really knows just yet, but LE could trace all previous calls and there is absolutely no doubt that kijiji would have provided IP information of who visited the site for TBs dodge ad. That does not meAm DM was present on the site or called TBs phone. It is also possible that they just showed up at tbs house

So basically, a cel phone was found somewhere in an industrial park somewhere in Southern Ontario and this successfully led to the resolution of this terrible crime. I'd say that would have to fall under the category of amazingly lucky breaks for LE, (and thank goodness for lucky breaks.)

May 9, LE recovered TB's phone, and separately, received the results of a production order for the burner phone (showing everyone that had been called)

See LE's May 10 update on the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonPolice?fref=ts

Again, just my :twocents:.

There is NO defense, absolutely none! They knew exactly what they were doing, don't care what diagnoses either one may have ... there is no excuse.

A heinous crime, premeditated and carried out by two spoiled brat hoodlums.

They were both in on it start to finish. DM was no dupe imo!

DM and MS thought that had pulled off the perfect crime and didn't expect LE to find T's phone.

RIP Tim

BBM - IMO, TB's physical phone likely had very little, if anything, to do with identifying and ultimately apprehending the suspects (well DM at least). We don't even know what evidentiary value the phone holds, besides placing TB and/or the suspect(s) at the location the phone was found (i.e. we don't know if there were any prints or DNA on the phone linking it to the suspects).

When SB reported her husband missing, one of the first things LE would have done was order TB's phone records (don't need the actual phone to do this -- the phone number or even just the subscriber's name/address is sufficient). Once they received those records, LE identified the number that called TB to arrange the test-drive. They then ordered the records for that number, and upon receipt, started calling all the numbers that phone had called. This led police to the man from the first test-drive who provided the description of the ambition tattoo which, IMO, led to DM's arrest (though we don't know the specifics -- did someone call in a tip about DM having that same tattoo?).

Had DM & company called TB from a pay phone or an unused burner phone, who knows where the case would be right now. MOO.

Other than Newone's confirmation, I don't remember the other source of them walking to Tim's.

Also for anyone local to that area....I need to know the location of an old Timmies or a an old Waffle House at or near Wilson-2 and Trinity-52.

Can anyone help or remembers the location when the building was a Waffle House?

Other than Newone's confirmation, I don't remember the other source of them walking to Tim's.

Also for anyone local to that area....I need to know the location of an old Timmies or a an old Waffle House at or near Wilson-2 and Trinity-52.

Maybe you are thinking of The Egg and I on Garner Rd? Theres also a Tim Hortons (just down the street from the Egg and I) accessible from both Wilson St. and Garner Rd... Both are about 5 mins away from TB's house..

ETA: Sorry - talking about where Garner Road and Wilson street merge together..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 9.55.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 9.55.07 AM.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 17

I am fairly certain that in initial reports made when Tim went missing it stated that the perps were on foot.. I will search for a link.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...is-key-to-mans-disappearance/article11824693/

This one says they appeared on her doorstep.

http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/674469/tim-bosma-murder-six-unanswered-questions/

This one says they arrived on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member