Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you said. There will be motions galore. In the meantime the convicted murderer will be working the media through her "spokesperson" and her media friend, and losing more weight to look more frail.

Let the ***** starve to death I don't care. If the judge doesn't have the b*lls to confine her from Donanvan and the interviews shes doing, shame on her! Everyone ought to treat CMJA like a on their shoes.

I keep thinking of when JW was stressing that JA had a mental issue & that she didn't ask for it & couldn't help it. I think that stuck w/the jurors. They didn't understand the difference between mental illness & personality disorder.

I think Willmott did a good job in her Closings. If for some reason the County Attorney refuses to retry, Jodi can thank Willmott for saving her life so she can donate her hair and sell her t shirts.

Not me...I'm jaded...and believe "you never really know somebody".

This jury was given a reason why this crime happened. They were presented with evidence and from that they found her guilty of premeditated murder.

The jury wasn't given any reasonable mitigating factors. Their job during the penalty phase was not to try and psychoanalyze the "why" and what made JA's warped mind tick.

And it *feels* like one of them did. Specifically the jury foreman. It seems to me that he needed to find some responsibility in the victim because Jodi is a little itty bitty female and Travis was a big guy.

If he voted against the DP, he wasnt about to take her life because he found a mitigating factor to be applicable.

This is simply an opinion of mine.

After sleeping on the verdict I am still upset, but I am grateful the jury convicted her of first degree murder and we aren't sitting her having a complete different conversation. Just my opinion, but I think that if the jury found her guilty of first degree murder and also found her guilty that the crime was especially cruel that her sentence should automatically be the most severe sentence possible. I respect people that aren't in favour of the death penalty, this is just my opinion.

The only way I would feel good if JA didn't get the DP is if she was sentenced to life in prison with absolutely no chance of parole and she never be allowed to speak to the press, give any tv interviews etc. It's the least that can be done for the Alexander family...as long as JA keeps giving interviews, it will never end for this family. Prayers for the Alexander family.

I can understand the foreman's statement about connecting the brutality of the crime when looking at Jodi. Sometimes I look at her and I just can't believe she slit another person's throat. Just imagine what it takes to do that to someone?

I understand what you're saying, but I have no illusions about human beings. Appearance is no indicator of potential for violence. Nor do I imagine that women are less capable of violence than men. So for my part, I'm equal opportunity as far as threat potential goes.

Now that I believe the foreman was at least partially taken in by the murderer's spin and appearance, I feel a lot of pride for the 8 jurors who held firm against the foreman's determination to lead them down the path of CMja's manipulation. It will be very interesting to hear from "Trump" or someone like that. Of course, I have no idea how they leaned. MOO

I disagree, it is not at all reasonable. He stated that the abuse didn't matte in terms of the matter. We don't know how he voted yet people are making assumptions of why he voted for life? That's just silly. It's a real possibility he voted for death. Once again, ppl are speaking based on their emotions.

You are free to disagree, but my thoughts are not silly. I am not simply speaking based upon emotion. I didnt see his words the way you did.

Jury foreman says he is very "sure in his own mind that JA was mentally and verbally abused. Is that an excuse? Of course not. Does that factor in to the decisions we make? It has to." He also said she 'doesn't look like a killer'!!!!!!

Nurmi and ALV kept pounding home the fact that this monster, Travis Alexander, verbally abused the innocent little virgin by calling her a '*advertiser censored*' and a 'three-hole wonder'. They turned the May 26 text message into an indictment against Travis for expressing his rage about JA scamming and betraying him. He said she hurt him more than the death of his father. He called her a sociopath. All of this is a result of what the evil killer did to Travis - not vice-versa.

Travis finally discovered the truth about JA and expressed himself. How could any juror mis-construe this evidence so badly??? Everything contained in the emails, text messages and voicemails was an indictment against the killer herself!!! She orchestrated the sex tape; she recorded it without his knowledge; she planted the pedophilia lies; she stole money from him; she hacked into his bank accts., phone, and computer. She stalked him. She slashed his tires. She wrote threatening letters to ex-g/f's. Her final act was to cover her tracks and drive 1000 miles to slaughter him!

How this jury foreman can get it so wrong is beyond comprehension. Travis was the victim of DV, not Jodi Ann Arias! And then to say JA didn't look like a killer is the coup d'etat!!!! This is a travesty for Travis!!!!

I think a fast track DP should be reserved for those who ask for it as opposed to being given a sentence of LWOP they don't want to live out. Other than that, the DP should be removed in the states for practical reasons. It is so expensive and sucks states dry of cash. Much more costly than LWOP and in most cases takes forever to even carry out. More die of suicide or other illnesses before they are ever executed. (except in Texas!) I think LWOP is ideal. There should be plenty of closure knowing the perp will be locked away for natural life. I would rather die than be locked up until death, personally. LWOP is not getting off easy by any means. I hope the Alexanders consider this. They have been thru so much, are exhausted in every way possible and deserve to get back into their lives and start living.
My opinion only.. and I completely respect whatever choices the Alexanders feel is the best outcome, as I am not standing in their shoes.

Oh my gosh. Sounds like she will not give Jodi LWOP. For whom was she emotional for, me thinks Jodi. moo

No way! The judge knew all the facts of this case. She wasn't kept in the dark. If Sky or Chris Hughes had testified, the jury would know that Jodi was crazy, nothing that came out of her mouth was true, and they were not saying Travis was a bad guy, just trying to get that crazy b---h to leave their dear friend alone. The judge was crying for the Alexander family. I know a lot of people don't think much of her, but I believe she thought the case was so strong, she had to give the DT most of what they asked for in order for the decision not to be over-turned.

The DP is so controversial and polarizing, it makes it more difficult for juries to reach a verdict, and it is apparently a huge weight on the system considering the extensive appeals process when it is imposed. I'm wondering if it's really worth it. Then there are the numerous cases in which the convicted was found to be innocent, such as Kerry Max Cook that I mentioned earlier. AZWatcher is right, the DP definitely has baggage.

For people like Jodi LWOP would be great if kept in her cell 23/7 a day. Give those inmates enough rope to literally hang themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, she sure did. Frail Jodi worked. Abusive Travis worked. and sadly our Juanderful did not work because we know this juror in particular found empathy for Jodi having to sit on the stand for 18 days.

I will never understand what this man said.

one thing that really bothers me is that a complete picture of TRAVIS was never really presented. until steven read his blog, i don't know that the jurors understood what kind of person he was. they'd been saturated by the DT with all the tawdry sex crap, and they repeated the names he called her over and over and over again.

this guy was NAIVE. he was not worldly. he was an idealist. i think he saw her as someone he could HELP at first, and for awhile. his friends warning him only made him feel MORE that she was someone who needed him to help her----with work, with her life, with her spirituality, etc.

she saw all this in him and reeled him in with sex, threatening suicide if he left her, and appealing to him as sort of a life coach or mentor, which he wanted to be. she knew he was wiggling off her hook for good and she killed him.

i just don't know if they understood HIS motivations that well, other than the sex angle, which was real and powerful, but certainly wasn't the whole story.

Jury foreman says he is very "sure in his own mind that JA was mentally and verbally abused. Is that an excuse? Of course not. Does that factor in to the decisions we make? It has to." He also said she 'doesn't look like a killer'!!!!!!

Yes. This is what he said.

I think Willmott did a good job in her Closings. If for some reason the County Attorney refuses to retry, Jodi can thank Willmott for saving her life so she can donate her hair and sell her t shirts.

The only good thing I think she did was tell the jury they would be killing her. It may have been difficult for jurors to think that they would be killing her.

No. This would be horrible. It would be so warped with political correctness and just simply politics that there would be no hope of true justice. Just look at our "professional" legislators these days!

I think our justice system still has great potential, but one change needs to be made... Get rid of UNANIMOUS decisions. Seriously, there are just too many biased people (we are all biased in some way or another), with their own histories or agendas. All jury verdicts should be decided by a 3/4 vote. 8 out of 12 should carry a verdict. And I'm not saying that because that happened to be the split this time. It would prevent the mistrials from the majority of hung juries. It would reduce the jurors who later claim that they were pressured to vote one way or another. But it also still protects from a person's fate being decide by a simple majority, 50/50 split, coin toss.

I still would love to know what exactly is a 'professional juror'? Is that like a grand jury member? Someone who serves as a juror as a career choice?

What happens when a 'professional jury' doesn't give the verdict that everyone wants?

Maybe Jodi's emotion at the verdict was because she was scared she couldn't remember her lies for the retrial?

:please:

The jury is going to have the benefit of seeing the REAL JODI ARIAS in her recent interviews, and the snow will melt away. She thought she was so clever giving all those five hours of interviews. In the words of Judge Stan Strickland, "The irony is rich. Indeed."

Be of good faith today friends. Yes the family will have to go through a new mini trial, but they were geared up to go through the civil wrongful death trial coming up too. They have an amazing capacity when it comes to , as our Katie would say ( and so many reporters are borrowing her wise words ) "DIG DEEP".

We know JM and he is going to be on FIRE to re try this.

She will be thoroughly exposed next time, and largely thanks to her own ego to do the interviews. Meanwhile she is in lockdown 23 hours a day. That smirk will get knocked off her face for the next couple months in those conditions.

In the end, she is a convicted murderer and she will, imo, never be free again. Travis' siblings have the strength to hang in there. I honestly believe they will be showered, SHOWERED with love and letters from all over the world, lifting them up. It will be the bright light of truth that gives them strength.

Thank you to all of you who donated, all of you who send cards and certainly, all of you who pray.

I'm done, Hopeful. I'm through watching trials. I trust JM 100% to make the right decision as to what to do next. I'll accept whatever he does. I'm NEVER listening to that verdict (or lack of one) ever again. I expected ' we, the jury, fix the penalty at DEATH'....:anguish:

This makes me sad Rose, although I understand. I do hope however that come July when this picks back up again (if it does I'm sure Jodi and her team will request a continuance and I'm sure Stephens will give it to them so maybe it won't be July) you will return with us to see this thing come to a complete close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd