Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi had makeup on in court. Looks like she waxed or severely tweezed the brows, too. She never had makeup on before the makeup demands for the media tour.

Several of the reporters have said Jodi demanded they give her base, powder, shadow and waterproof mascara; not film her putting it on; not film the prison stripes and cuffs.

Now, what I want to know is why she was allowed to keep this stuff in her cell. No pencils or fungus cream, but makeup?[/QUOTE]

BBM

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. She probably never washed her face after the interviews, lol.
Maybe willie keeps a zippy bag full of cosmetics for the star client?

Morning all.

Last night I dreamed that Vinnie Politan took me and my parents out for Chinese food then drove us all home in a big white van, which we later had sex in. What does this mean?????? :panic:

Hahhahaha...omigosh@! Did you actually dream about the sex part too?? LOL!!! That is so funny!!

He is handsome, but heard he is kind of short....not that there's anything wrong with that.

You know what? If she had done this to a total stranger, there is NO WAY she would have gotten anything less than the death penalty.

So is that the "standard" for death penalty? It has to be cruel AND be done to a total stranger? Becaues I guarantee, any two people who have some kind of association with each other, especially a closer one, you are gonna be able to find SOMETHING between those two. For example, my husband and I , yes there are angry text messages which would be in our phones. Yes, there are outside people we will have vented to in moments of tension/anger. But you know what? that's normal. that's reasonable. That is not something abnormal. Even the words in Travis' texts, to me they are not that far out there considering what they wree having was AN ARGUMENT. THe jurors are supposed to see the evidence through the lens of reasonable people. So are we to believe that the jury foreperson has NEVER SPOKEN OUT IN ANGER TO ANYONE, in the heat of th moment? I don't believe that. I highly, highly doubt that. They are supposed to see things based on their own life experiences and common sense.

I wish I had never heard his interview.

It shouldn't matter that there were some angry text messages there. What she did was CRUEL, and if Travis had been a stranger, she would have gotten the death penalty.

I haven't watched the foreman's interview. I'm gleaning enough from posters here as well as several media articles that I've read this morning. Sometimes it's best not to see and hear, but I read and take what I can from the printed word. :moo:

It won't be long folks until we find out which guards she's banging for favors. (Do the male staff get to watch her go potty?) The sherriff seems to be enamored of her as well! It's truly a sad commentary how so many bend over backwards for her!!

Morning all.

Last night I dreamed that Vinnie Politan took me and my parents out for Chinese food then drove us all home in a big white van, which we later had sex in. What does this mean?????? :panic:

It means you need to get out more often.

Hahhahaha...omigosh@! Did you actually dream about the sex part too?? LOL!!! That is so funny!!

He is handsome, but heard he is kind of short....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Lol, yeah, I did, he was quick!

rose, thanks for posting this....JVM took so much verbal bashing because she too ran him down....she wasn't alone!!

They all do that. I don't mind as long as they report the facts accurately and sympathize with the victims rather than the criminals.

Morning all.

Who had sex with who?

I hope that the next few days allow everyone who has become emotionally invested in this trial a chance to reflect and gain perspective. Some jurors looked at Jodi's life and her relationship with Travis and couldn't sentence her to death. You and I may disagree with their assessment, but they sacrificed months of their lives to this case and earned the right to make that call.

To anyone who sees this as a victory for the defense, if that's true then it's the most hollow victory imaginable. JA was found guilty of premeditated murder and the jury determined that the killing was done in an especially cruel and depraved manner. Those findings are now facts in the eyes of the law, and if the sentencing is ultimate decided by a judge then that will be taken into account. The possibility of a sentence that allows for parole is vanishingly small. It bears remembering that JA's pathos filled appeal to the jury was true: all of the things that she talked about losing are truly gone from her life forever. This is not a small, compromise punishment. Her life will never be what you, I, or any normal person would choose to live.

The rebuttal to that is, of course, that Travis and the Alexander family lost so much more than freedom, and they lost it in an unimaginably horrific way. Sadly, nothing can change that, including seeing the killer sentenced to death. I know it's what they wanted, but sometimes what we want and what we need are two different things. I hate to think of them subjected to endless appeals that are part of the process when capital punishment is involved, and the zealots who will attach themselves to anyone who's be condemned to die would make a young woman like Jodi a celebrity. Activists don't care about fairness or the truth and they will gleefully join in a chorus of abuse claims. Imagine ALV with millions of dollars of financing and an international audience.

I've seen so much love and support come from this place and I hate seeing it perverted into sound and fury. I despise the killer as much as anyone, but for me the old adage "The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference" has come true. I haven't watched her interviews, I'm not interested in HLN's analysis of her, and I truly couldn't care less about her bizarre obsession with her appearance or her ability to copy other people's art works. I want the Alexander family to begin to heal and I simply don't think that the death penalty process will allow that to happen.

This isn't an idle wish from someone who hasn't lived through a traumatic loss. I can't compare my experience to the Alexanders losing a cherished family member, but an ex-girlfriend who was still a very close friend was murdered in an incredibly brutal fashion. Her name was Lisa Shivak. I think I was the last real friend of hers to see her alive. It was a chance meeting at a convenience store, and we made plans to have lunch and went our separate ways but later that night she was killed. I know what it's like to want someone executed, but I also know that it wouldn't have changed anything except to keep my thoughts focused on the murder instead of the LIFE.

I would never presume to tell anyone here or the Alexander family how to feel, but I can't help but feel like there's a gap developing between what is being discussed and what is really important. Our lives are fragile, and tragic events shatter them like glass. We have the choice to sit and stare at the broken shards and try to remember what they looked like before, or we can melt them down and make something new. Out of the searing pain of grief, a new life can be molded. It will never be the same as the one we had before, but it can be beautiful and it can have a purpose, and its shape can be inspired by the precious individual we've lost. This isn't about whether killer is executed, it's about whether the Alexanders get to live.

TRANSCRIPT of the interview HERE

Let's bring in now the jury foreman, bill zervakis. You said you had a hard time believing she would be capable of doing this just looking at her?

Yeah, that's true.

I mean when I walked in the courtroom the first time and looked at who the defendant was, you know, it's hard to put that in perspective when you look at a young woman and think of the crime and then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash. So it's very difficult to divert -- divest yourself of the personal, from the emotional part of it.
He did not say initially. He said that when he walked into the courtroom for the first time, the brutality of the crime and the defendant didnt wash. SO, its very difficult to divert-divest yourself of the personal, emotional part....

one thing that really bothers me is that a complete picture of TRAVIS was never really presented. until steven read his blog, i don't know that the jurors understood what kind of person he was. they'd been saturated by the DT with all the tawdry sex crap, and they repeated the names he called her over and over and over again.

this guy was NAIVE. he was not worldly. he was an idealist. i think he saw her as someone he could HELP at first, and for awhile. his friends warning him only made him feel MORE that she was someone who needed him to help her----with work, with her life, with her spirituality, etc.

she saw all this in him and reeled him in with sex, threatening suicide if he left her, and appealing to him as sort of a life coach or mentor, which he wanted to be. she knew he was wiggling off her hook for good and she killed him.

i just don't know if they understood HIS motivations that well, other than the sex angle, which was real and powerful, but certainly wasn't the whole story.
I agree. I wish more had been brought out about this. I wish too there could have been more work done on the emails to expose what was going on.
It was evident tho that he was looking for a stable marriage and not with her.

Can you please state how he did not prove murder one?

Have you seen the autopsy photos of Travis?

It's a long story and yes I have seen the photos.

But, I think this Jury bent over backwards to give the family a murder one verdict and they should be appreciated for that, not vilified.

Juan did not prove murder one, in my opinion.

A case is not about what happened, it is about what is proven.

A jury could think a person did the crime but if it is not proven, then it's not guilty.

But every time a Jury doesn't tow the mark of the outspoken public, they are vilified for it these days. It is the Jury who is the finder of fact, not the public.

Or why don't we just go back to lynch mobs?

IMO

Morning all.

Just you and Politan or the whole gang? Because OMG! (Just kidding with you!)

I have a few observations on the abuse claims. Even if Travis verbally abused her and became physical with her a few times, she still would not be a battered woman. Battered women don't freely move away from their abuser. That would have been a time to beat her if she was getting away from an abuser' s control.

Aren't men like that typically very controlling? I don't see any texts from Travis trying to control her. Where are you? What are you doing? Are you with another man? Aren't those questions typical from a controlling abuser?

Agreed. It sometimes seems to me that "prejudicial" just means it might give an accurate perception of the defendant. :facepalm:

:goodpost:
Exactly! This case has really shown that.

It won't be long folks until we find out which guards she's banging for favors. (Do the male staff get to watch her go potty?) The sherriff seems to be enamored of her as well! It's truly a sad commentary how so many bend over backwards for her!!

I thought that same exact thing when I saw her swing her hair and saunter out of the prison van last nite. Working it for the men transporting her.

i'm not going to get into the age debate again, although it still rubs me the wrong way since i'm 64.

AZ is FULL of older people. when my friend moved there at 55, all the women in the neighborhood thought she was a threat to their marriages because she was so young! LOL. they would barely speak to her for a long time.

but i STILL maintain that us antiques have lived life and have learned things those in their 40's have yet to learn. we've seen the world change in miraculous ways----i remember getting our FIRST tv!! we're not stupid and we're not out of touch with what's going on in the world.

i know you didn't mean that as an insult---i get it. but i felt i had to respond to it.

Bringing in age as a component in this trial keeps it real. Advertisers use demographics to tailor to their targeted audience. It isn't a dig, just the fact of life.

ALV not understanding what she was looking at and that what she did have were snippets of a larger conversation escaped her and a few members of the jury. Those jurors looked to her for guidance when other jurors would have instantly understood that Travis not responding for 3 hours did NOT mean he was angry during that time. It simply meant he didn't get back to his phone and look at the message for three hours. Then he picked up the conversation and responded.

ALV didn't get that partly because she had no clue what texting was all about and partly because as she pointed out, in HER generation things weren't done like that. People didn't speak to each other like that. The words held a different meaning for her because she was basing it on her social culture.

It's a long story and yes I have seen the photos.

But, I think the Jury bent over backwards to give the family a murder one verdict and they should be appreciated for that, not vilified.

Juan did not prove murder one, in my opinion.

But every time a Jury doesn't tow the mark of the outspoken public, they are vilified for it these days. It is the Jury who is the finder of fact, not the public.

Or why don't we just go back to lynch mobs?

IMO

please give at least ONE example that murder one wasn't proven.

After listening to the brief statement/answers on GMA this AM by the Jury Foreman, I am truly surprised they bought the emotional and verbal abuse BUT he didn't mention believing the worse stuff Arias spewing the physical abuse and pedophilia junk!!! Thank goodness.

I hope that most and/or all take the time (after rest and relaxation) to learn "the rest of the story" they did not have privy to during the trial. They will surely find out how much Arias is deceptive, manipulative and violently evil she really can be and would be!!!

JMHO

I have a few observations on the abuse claims. Even if Travis verbally abused her and became physical with her a few times, she still would not be a battered woman. Battered women don't freely move away from their abuser. That would have been a time to beat her if she was getting away from an abuser' s control.

Aren't men like that typically very controlling? I don't see any texts from Travis trying to control her. Where are you? What are you doing? Are you with another man? Aren't those questions typical from a controlling abuser?
If TA was an abuser, especially physical, why is it that he didn't leave any marks on her when she was taking him out the way she did, not a one?

I will say this, can you imagine just from the bit we have seen, how she must have pushed his buttons ? She would drive any normal person to the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288